Im Gone

Guest Baz

see there is a eddie parker up for aution on ovenchips site do we know the source of the record i.e has it turned up or auctioning it for some one my mate wayne sharman sold his collection to shifty just after christmas and i know this was in there along with most of the other big big ticket items cario's ect im not sure if im correct but i think mick h had the eddie parker (dont quote me on that) just wondered if this was said copy

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So that is one of the sources those good 45s cam eform shortly after xmas. Wayne must have had an awesome collection indeed  :thumbsup:

link

oh awsome was not the word got to shoot now i'll carry on with you about this tomorrow :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

How much do you think this will go for? Around £4000 ??? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rich.

Edited by Rich Walker
Social source share

How much do you think this will go for? Around £4000 ???  :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rich.

link

£4000+ i recscon on oven chips site

Social source share

Just how rare is this record, anyone know? I'm thinking of remortgageing my house. I'd like the bobby rich an ole.

link

lets have a count up well i know the one sold to shifty early on in the year

whitch maybe was sold to mick ???? who maybe past it on to ovenchip?????

tim b has a copy and thats all i know

oh one on ebay last year just befor christmas that for nearly £4000 if i recall

Social source share

Guest Jamie

link

Mark Bicknell's got one.

And Awake502 on this site may also have one, but I'm just guessin' :thumbsup:

Jamie

Social source share

link

Kenny B has it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

see there is a eddie parker up for aution on ovenchips site do we know the source of the record i.e has it turned up or auctioning it for some one my mate wayne sharman sold his collection to shifty just after christmas and i know this was in there along with most of the other big big ticket items cario's ect im not sure if im correct but i think mick h had the eddie parker (dont quote me on that) just wondered if this was said copy

link

Never thought much of the record myself , obviously a 'cult ' record and one that could be used to describe to a stranger northern soul but ...............

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Kenny B has it  :thumbsup:

link

umm again that might be the one my friend sold i know kenny was havnig a few of his records through shifty (Again i dont know what happened to them once they left wayne but i know kenny and mick had a few. this is just an edjecated guess)

Social source share

Eddie Parker was held up at gunpoint to give up his one remaining personal copy...the robber was last seen mopping his brow with a beer towel driving up the north Wales coast yelling "I'm gone"....

It's real...I've seen it :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's pointless trying to count the number of copies of a record because there are so many people who are unknown to 'the scene' who collect from home. I know someone who bought I'm Gone for £2 at The Torch on the back of Love You Baby!

Social source share

It's pointless trying to count the number of copies of a record because there are so many people who are unknown to 'the scene' who collect from home.  I know someone who bought I'm Gone for £2 at The Torch on the back of Love You Baby!

link

Exactly, somebody's got it who isn't a well known dj and he/she wants to sell it. No mystery :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's pointless trying to count the number of copies of a record because there are so many people who are unknown to 'the scene' who collect from home.  I know someone who bought I'm Gone for £2 at The Torch on the back of Love You Baby!

link

good point pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

In addition to the ones mentioned

Tim Brown has it

Butch has it

I think Ginger also has it.

I think Mark Hanson has or had it.

I know more but will have to think a bit.

The last one on ebay made almost £4000 like you say. There was another copy before that though that ended at around £2800. I spoke to Mick at Prestatyn about his copy since I knew he did not have it before and he said he "got it from an old mate and the price was £2700". Mick is (or at least was) on the forum so he might be able to confirm.

I think there must be at least a dozen copies in the UK, probably more.

I am more interested in knowing who is selling his Bobby Rich? The ones I know have (or at least had at some point) copies are.

Butch

Arthur Fenn

Ginger

Mick H. (Bob Hinsley's old copy I was told)

And I also think Tim Brown has it.

Mick Smith?

Any others?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

link

Maybe a foreign collector/ dealer - who knows

Social source share

I am more interested in knowing who is selling his Bobby Rich? The ones I know have (or at least had at some point) copies are.

Butch

Arthur Fenn

Ginger

Mick Smith?

Any others?

link

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Never thought much of the record myself , obviously a 'cult ' record and one that could be used to describe to a stranger northern soul but ...............

link

but ............... NOTHING!!!! This is what Soul music is all about! :wicked:

Social source share

but ............... NOTHING!!!! This is what Soul music is all about!  :shades:

link

Right. And a nice 45 to have indeed. But considering its value, rarity and price I think Billy Sha Raes great version on Spectrum should profit from it in a more and wider acceptance as it is not one single step less a truly great Soul 45 :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Right. And a nice 45 to have indeed. But considering its value, rarity and price I think Billy Sha Raes great version on Spectrum should profit from it in a more and wider acceptance as it is not one single step less a truly great Soul 45 :wicked:

link

Good call Marc, and the flip is exceptional IMVHO too, 'Do It' - what a fantastic, explosive piece of music that is :lol:

Same/similar backing as September Jones on Kapp, can anyone confirm which came first??

Jamie :shades:

Social source share

link

Well said :shades:

I love Eddies version and always ask for it to be played if I know a DJ has it, but I am quite happy with my Billy Sha Rae one, infact I played it saturday :lol:

Social source share

Good call Marc, and the flip is exceptional IMVHO too, 'Do It' - what a fantastic, explosive piece of music that is :shades:

Same/similar backing as September Jones on Kapp, can anyone confirm which came first??

Jamie  :wicked:

link

Do it is the flip to crying Clown Jamie

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Do it is the flip to crying Clown Jamie

link

Bloody Anoraks ranting_1.gif

:lol: I knew that 'cause I had that discussion through the day with someone. I just read your playlist and it threw me, as you followed it with I'm Gone :lol:

Should pay more attention :yes:

Social source share

Bloody Anoraks  ranting_1.gif

:lol:   I knew that 'cause I had that discussion through the day with someone. I just read your playlist and it threw me, as you followed it with I'm Gone  :lol:

Should pay more attention  :yes:

link

Sorry Jamie, but you know what us top DJ's are like :yes::D:yes:

Social source share

Good call Marc, and the flip is exceptional IMVHO too, 'Do It' - what a fantastic, explosive piece of music that is :lol:

Jamie  ranting_1.gif

link

Sure you also like the follow up on that one then "Do It Again" ? If only memory would give me the title of the other side now :lol:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Sure you also like the follow up on that one then "Do It Again" ? If only memory would give me the title of the other side now  :lol:

link

Hmm. From memory I think it's 'Want Some Satisfaction' Quite a funky number, though I may be getting mixed up with something else - I usually do! ranting_1.gif

Jamie :lol:

Social source share

Butch

Arthur Fenn

Ginger

Mick Smith?

Any others?

link

Social source share

So at least 9 copies of Bobby Rich in the UK then it seems? Or have some of the ones listed sold to some of the other guys listed? I personally think Billy Sha Rae's version of "I'm Gone" sucks big time and is not worth buying at £15 IMO. His version of "Crying Clown" is also totally inferior to Eddie Parker's, Billy is simply not that good a singer when compared to the mighty Eddie Parker. How many copies of Eddie Parker in the UK? 20+ ?

Social source share

Agree heartily on the merits (or otherwise) of Billy Sha Rae's "I'm Gone". A very poor substitute for the real thing. Is "I'm Gone" as rare as everyone is making out? I don't think so, as I'm sure Soul Bowl had an (admittedly small) quantity of these in the seventies. There have to be more than a dozen copies.

Social source share

i knew at least two people who had it in the 80s. can't say if they still do as have lost touch but they were not the selling type.

had a listen on soulclub to refresh memory and what an amazing vocal performance. almost epitomises aggressively ballsy up-tempo northern soul.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

"I`m Gone" it is... rolleyes.gif

link

Hi Marc, I was on about the Triple B track :D

Crying Clown b/w Do It - Spectrum 114

I'm Gone b/w Let's Do It Again - Spectrum 120

Let's Do It Again b/w I Want Some Satisfaction - Triple B 4

And IMVHO, 'Do It' blows the lot away.

[back on topic]

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

I've got a mate who recons he's got an Eddie Parker - I'm Gone. He's an old record collector from years gone by. I offered him £500 for it, as he doesn't follow the music anymore, but he also doesn't need the money, as he's minted anyway. I'm still waiting for him to make up his mind?

:D:D:wicked:

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

Mark Bicknell's got one.

And Awake502 on this site may also have one, but I'm just guessin'  :rolleyes:

Jamie

link

Heard that Mark recently sold his copy for £5K

Kev J

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

I’ve got a mate who recons he’s got an Eddie Parker – I’m Gone. He’s an old record collector from years gone by. I offered him £500 for it, as he doesn’t follow the music anymore, but he also doesn’t need the money, as he’s minted anyway. I’m still waiting for him to make up his mind?

:lol:   blush.gif   :rolleyes:

link

Sorry - what was the address again?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert