Munchkin

• Replies 61
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We had Richard Popcorn Wylie listen to the service via a cell phone as he was to ill to make it over himself, he was going to play at the wedding for us, I do miss him :yes:

Before service- 'Marvin Gaye-Whats going on'

Walking down the isle- 'Richard Popcorn Wyie-I can take the world on with you'

Register signing- 'Richard Popcorn Wyie-Lost time'

As we left- 'Busta Ryhms-Lovely day'

A great day :thumbup::lol:

Social source share

Me and Dave had a cd compiled from our own vinyl which had approx. 10 tracks on it. Some of which we had played before I, the bride arrived, some during signing the register and the last one as we were due to come back up the aisle as Mr and Mrs Molloy. We started off with The Dells - Give Your Lady, A Standing Ovation, Linda Jones - That's When I'll Stop Loving You and we had The Dolls - This Is Our Day before we came back up the aisle, just to name a few.

The Cd is now part of our "keepsakes". If I had to pick my favourite it would be the Linda Jones track - pure soul sang with pure love and emotion - timeless and so apt!!

Hope you both have a wondeful day with memories to treasure always xx

Social source share

Me and Dave had a cd compiled from our own vinyl which had approx. 10 tracks on it. Some of which we had played before I, the bride arrived, some during signing the register and the last one as we were due to come back up the aisle as Mr and Mrs Molloy. We started off with The Dells - Give Your Lady, A Standing Ovation, Linda Jones - That's When I'll Stop Loving You and we had The Dolls - This Is Our Day before we came back up the aisle, just to name a few.

The Cd is now part of our "keepsakes". If I had to pick my favourite it would be the Linda Jones track - pure soul sang with pure love and emotion - timeless and so apt!!

Hope you both have a wondeful day with memories to treasure always xx

Aww, nice tunes, sounds like twas a cracker.

To follow on from my earlier post, we made 100 CDs with our tunes on for all the guests, and printed the lyrics inside together with the reading from our service so that the relatives and non-soulies would understand where we were coming from. Also was lovely to give to those who couldn't be there with us on the day. Several cousins said they were still playing it constantly on their car CD players months later...

Justin's Mam was travelling down from Morecambe for the wedding (he's her only child), and she got stuck behind a massive pile-up on the M6, and sat sobbing in the ensuing traffic for over 7 hours, so missed the wedding completely. We had to recreate the whole thing for her, so CD came in very handy again!

T x

Social source share

Aww, nice tunes, sounds like twas a cracker.

To follow on from my earlier post, we made 100 CDs with our tunes on for all the guests, and printed the lyrics inside together with the reading from our service so that the relatives and non-soulies would understand where we were coming from. Also was lovely to give to those who couldn't be there with us on the day. Several cousins said they were still playing it constantly on their car CD players months later...

Justin's Mam was travelling down from Morecambe for the wedding (he's her only child), and she got stuck behind a massive pile-up on the M6, and sat sobbing in the ensuing traffic for over 7 hours, so missed the wedding completely. We had to recreate the whole thing for her, so CD came in very handy again!

T x

What a fab idea!!!!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

for me it has to be Third Finger left Hand and then for my girl to want My Man's a Sweet Man

Your Loves Keep Lifting Me Higher and Higher too

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert