Urban Ns Myth

Barry

I'm sure I've posted this before but seeing as it has just popped into my head and can't remember if it's tru or not, I'll stick it down again.

When I was a kid there was a US cop/detective series that I loved called 'Tenafly', played by James McEachin.

I'm sure I read in a Blackbeat or Echoes or the like somewhere that James McEachin's recording pseudonym was James Mack of 'My World Is On Fire' fame.

Anyone?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure this is the Jimmy Mack that produced tunes for Keyman; The Fury's etc. He was in "Any Which Way But Loose" with Clint Eastwood as well. :lol:

Following his military career , James McEachin dabbled in the american civil services , first as a fireman and then a policeman , before he moved to California and became a record producer . He was known as Jimmy Mack in the industry . He produced , as you state , The Fury's for releases on Keymen , and for them on Mack IV ( " Never More " ) and World Pacific ( " Anything For You " )........

As to whether or not JM was THE Jimmy Mack who recorded " MWIOF " , I cannot confirm ........

He began his acting career shortly after , and was signed by Universal as a contract actor in the 1960s . He was regularly cast in professional , " solid citizen " occupational roles , such as a lawyer or a police commander . He guested on numerous series such as Hawaii Five-O , Mannix , and Dragnet . He played the deejay Sweet Al Monty in Play Misty for Me ( 1971 ) with Clint Eastwood . In 1973 , McEachin starred as Harry Tenafly, the title character in Tenafly , a short-lived detective series about a police officer turned private detective , who relied on his wits and hard work rather than guns and fistfights .

He has semi retired from acting , and concentrates on writing .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Following his military career , James McEachin dabbled in the american civil services , first as a fireman and then a policeman , before he moved to California and became a record producer . He was known as Jimmy Mack in the industry . He produced , as you state , The Fury's for releases on Keymen , and for them on Mack IV ( " Never More " ) and World Pacific ( " Anything For You " )........

As to whether or not JM was THE Jimmy Mack who recorded " MWIOF " , I cannot confirm ........

He began his acting career shortly after , and was signed by Universal as a contract actor in the 1960s . He was regularly cast in professional , " solid citizen " occupational roles , such as a lawyer or a police commander . He guested on numerous series such as Hawaii Five-O , Mannix , and Dragnet . He played the deejay Sweet Al Monty in Play Misty for Me ( 1971 ) with Clint Eastwood . In 1973 , McEachin starred as Harry Tenafly, the title character in Tenafly , a short-lived detective series about a police officer turned private detective , who relied on his wits and hard work rather than guns and fistfights .

He has semi retired from acting , and concentrates on writing .

Malc Burton

I wish I was as knowledgable as Malc Burton..!! (I've been wanting to say that for a while, there you go I said it!!)

P :lol:

Social source share

I wish I was as knowledgable as Malc Burton..!! (I've been wanting to say that for a while, there you go I said it!!)

P :lol:

Stop it , I am blushing ........

I do not know about being knowledgable Pauline ; I just put it down to absorbing things that interested me .

It is stuff that you can trot out when it goes quiet in the tap room biggrin.gif .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Yep Furys and Mack IV label geezer but not MWIOF that's a different chap.

Thank you Mr C .

JM moved to California to produce , and Keymen , Mack IV and World Pacific were all LA based labels , whilst Palmer had a connection with Mike Terry if I am correct .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Stop it , I am blushing ........

I do not know about being knowledgable Pauline ; I just put it down to absorbing things that interested me .

It is stuff that you can trot out when it goes quiet in the tap room biggrin.gif .........

Malc Burton

You are Sarah Kennedy and I claim my five pounds.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'm sure I've posted this before but seeing as it has just popped into my head and can't remember if it's tru or not, I'll stick it down again.

When I was a kid there was a US cop/detective series that I loved called 'Tenafly', played by James McEachin.

I'm sure I read in a Blackbeat or Echoes or the like somewhere that James McEachin's recording pseudonym was James Mack of 'My World Is On Fire' fame.

Anyone?

Wasn't the black guy who flew the helicopter in Magnum called Roger E. Mosley?

Actually,whislt on about urban myths, saw a lovely pic sleeve release on joeboy of "The girls from U.N.C.L.E -"Agent for love"

When did this sneak out, and who unearthed it finally laid the myth about there being a female vocal to the spy, or is it a tailor-made jobby? Sounded nice! (Can anyone post an mp3)

post-1355-1235238801_thumb.png

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Wasn't the black guy who flew the helicopter in Magnum called Roger E. Mosley?

Actually,whislt on about urban myths, saw a lovely pic sleeve release on joeboy of "The girls from U.N.C.L.E -"Agent for love"

When did this sneak out, and who unearthed it finally laid the myth about there being a female vocal to the spy, or is it a tailor-made jobby? Sounded nice! (Can anyone post an mp3)

post-1355-1235238801_thumb.png

Tailor made .........

This was posted by Neil Rushton on November 25th last year -

" We did Girls From Uncle as a tongue in cheek tailor made for Joe Boy .

New song sung by Midlands singer Jacqie Williams over " The Spy " instrumental and then the vocal and instrumental mixed down to make the new track . I gave it first spin at Ritz All - Nighter and Guy Hennigan ran over to ask what it was .

We had permission from the owner of Swan catalogue to sample the instrumental and paid royalties etc . "

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Email today and register for advance tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos ad ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert