• Replies 37
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Looks fine to me, very smooth.

Technically not bad but it looks like he's learnt the moves and is going through the motions. He's not feeling it.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Can you not be a...ahem... Soulie and wear trainers? That's most of mates shagged then :thumbsup:

Just a humorous observation. :thumbup:

Do you see many people dancing in trainers? I don't. I wore them to a soul night a couple of months back and they were horrible to dance in, too much grip. I won't do it again.

I suppose some might like dancing in trainers. :thumbup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Technically not bad but it looks like he's learnt the moves and is going through the motions. He's not feeling it.

Know what your saying, doesn't seem like the right moves.

Good moves but not for that song or in the right parts. Looks more like it should be set to a different record...

Says me who can't string two steps together... :thumbsup: ... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

One of Keb's mates ?

Wish my trashed carcass could still do stuff like that... Good moves.

Last time i tried to turn back the clock and do some backdrops etc ( Brittany weekender) i ruptured my knee cartaliage and couldn't walk for weeks.

Edited by Russ Smith
Social source share

Course he's not, he's just bloody showing off, getting his 15 minutes of fame on YouTube rolleyes.gif

Constellations "I Don't Know About You" not really the right tempo record is it for acrobatics etc.

Social source share

Just a humorous observation. laugh.gif

Do you see many people dancing in trainers? I don't. I wore them to a soul night a couple of months back and they were horrible to dance in, too much grip. I won't do it again. I suppose some might like it.

Is he one of your mates then Byrney?

No, don't know the kid. Never have any problems myself throwing shapes in trainers, better than my Loakes Imo. Thinking back the last 100 club I was at there was about 8 of us out. All but Tony Smith had trainers on.

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

No, don't know the kid. Never have any problems myself throwing shapes in trainers, better than my Loakes Imo. Thinking back the last 100 club I was at there was about 8 of us out. All but Tony Smith had trainers on.

Some Trainers, slightly worn are the biz for spins.. Gazelles are awesome, well slippy

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I bought some nice Adidas Sambas and i like wearing them out, but i can't get used to dancing in them. Just a personal thing maybe.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Fook sake...he is enjoying himself...trainers...polyveldts...Gibsons...dolly/baby shoes...mocassins...solletioes...who cares...dance as long as one knees lets ya...coz believe me ...they are soon fooked....Delxxxx

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Technically not bad but it looks like he's learnt the moves and is going through the motions...

Don't they all.... unsure.gif

Another graduate from 'The Jethro Jones TV school of celebrity Northern dancing'.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Fook sake...he is enjoying himself...trainers...polyveldts...Gibsons...dolly/baby shoes...mocassins...solletioes...who cares...dance as long as one knees lets ya...coz believe me ...they are soon fooked....Delxxxx

We're only having a laugh Del :shades:

On a second look, he's alright, too much acro though. Must be tough dancing on concrete slabs. ph34r.gif

Social source share

He's a Soulie.

That clip was shot mid-way through a nighter in Osaka just for a larff...the main dancefloor is small so folk also dance outside and in the hotel lobby next-door, I kid you not! You can also see him on one of the infamous 'Northern Soul Picnics in Yoyogi Park' clips on YouTube.

Kanta regularly supports Soul venues in Japan and travels many miles to dance/listen to the music we all love...including coming over to the Cleethorpes Weekender...where he won the dance competition. He is also a lindy-hop dancer and is a nice guy.

shades.gif

Social source share

looks fine to me! is he not a soulie cos he did not go to wigan or something ? :thumbup:

he is just doing a demo, nothing else.............he is outside showing his moves and having fun too,

.I would sooner have two like him than twenty of the beer monsters that swing around some venues ! :D

pete n' susan ktf

Edited by casper
Social source share

i personally dont think he has the soul !

What do you guys/galls think?

nice smooth moves but like alot of dancers nowdays somewhat gratuitus acrobatics not in time with the beat or the sections of the tune that lead into spins splits ect i blame people watching this england and copying the dancers on the video. again out of time with the beat because of the way the film was editored spike

Social source share

He's a Soulie.

That clip was shot mid-way through a nighter in Osaka just for a larff...the main dancefloor is small so folk also dance outside and in the hotel lobby next-door, I kid you not! You can also see him on one of the infamous 'Northern Soul Picnics in Yoyogi Park' clips on YouTube.

Kanta regularly supports Soul venues in Japan and travels many miles to dance/listen to the music we all love...including coming over to the Cleethorpes Weekender...where he won the dance competition. He is also a lindy-hop dancer and is a nice guy.

:lol:

yh nice one kanta, keep on keeping on.Billy
Social source share

One of Keb's mates ?

Wish my trashed carcass could still do stuff like that... Good moves.

Last time i tried to turn back the clock and do some backdrops etc ( Brittany weekender) i ruptured my knee cartaliage and couldn't walk for weeks.

bugger , missed your back drops at the Mallet tongue.gif .... Peter Rose always had trainers on, what a dancer that man was .... must have been looking his way when you pulled those swallow dives Russ :thumbsup:

just make sure your arm is in good form for the drinks in the early hours at pressed-hat-inn mate :lol:

Social source share

He's wearing trainers for a start. Schoolboy error! ohmy.gif

Can't believe that my hubby wears trainers to soul venues. makes all that vinyl in our spare room seem worthless.. He can't possibly be a real soul man after 33 years!! I knew I should have married a man in spencer flares and a vest!!!

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

We wore all sorts of hole-in-the-toe monstrosities when growing up in the 70's where we lived! nobody had much money...

my old man alway's tells everyone how he used to go to school in his mothers high-heel shoes, as they were that poor!!! ohmy.gif:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert