Cover-up Labels

Just a record come through which still has one of those self adhesive cover labels over it.

Thing is ... How on earth do you remove them and leave the actual real label undamaged and in tact???? wacko.gif

Help help appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

same happened to me a few weeks back, i took the cover up label off and it wasnt even the record i thought i bought so i sent it to JM to see if he could sell it for me and its going up for auction in a few weeks, its called "Do i love indeed i do" or something like that by someone called Frank Spencer or something similar on the Soul label :thumbsup:

just keep it covered up its a lot easier :hypo:

Social source share

same happened to me a few weeks back, i took the cover up label off and it wasnt even the record i thought i bought so i sent it to JM to see if he could sell it for me and its going up for auction in a few weeks, its called "Do i love indeed i do" or something like that by someone called Frank Spencer or something similar on the Soul label :thumbsup:

just keep it covered up its a lot easier :hypo:

Where do you get the cover up labels from is my question ??

Social source share

Don`t ask one of my mates, you wanna see his lou pride, label :unsure:

Ian Dewhirst covered just the name up on his Lou Pride. "James Lewis and a Case of Tyme" looked like it was written on a old piece of sticking plaster laugh.gif I think Howard ( Sams DJ) bought it off him when he sold up to go record hunting.

Social source share

the stuff you fill up petrol lighters with, but take it slow, a little at a time, should do the trick ------ SAM

the other thing that might work is citrus de-gummer. it soaks in and dissolves the adhesive. it looks like it also stains the real label underneath, but it evaporates after a few days. i used this to remove stickers from labels before.

Social source share

I have tried all sorts to remove cover up labels & have never been satisfied with the end result. Any sort of "de'gummer" solution has either taken the original label with it or ruined the colouring of the original, peeling has either torn the original or left a tacky residue, I hate it. I choose to just leave them be now.

Social source share

biggrin.gif My advice is leave them as you find the as in my eary days i have fucked up much more than i have cleaned up. but the use of lighter fluid does work if you take it easy. if the sticker is on a label and has been on for years there will always be a mark on most records showing it has been removed in the case of the lou pride it was enevatble to get F**ked up ask yourself alway why am I getting a rare recored at the price i payed its always the case that the big boys have got the mint one thats the way its been since the late7ts...also GOOGLE THE BEATLES BUTCHER COVER as they give ex coverage on how to peel of the stick on over lable to reveal the BUTCHER SLEEVE. Also how much is your recored worth as if its not a top raeraty meaning its value is under £300 leave it for someone else to do MANY THANKS DAVE KIL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert