I Suppose

Barry

...then it isn't a problem.

I can, up to about five grand that is, understand a person digging deep for a track.

But beyond that, I do believe that you are either mad, or you are sending out a bit of a statement that goes beyond the actual need to own whatever piece of vinyl that you have spent what I see as a ridiculous amount on.

Now I know, as I've said, if you can afford it it's not a problem.

But does having enough money to enable you to make your dreams come true mean anything to us poor bastards that can't?

Are you more of a Soulie than us poor feckers that scrimp?

Not that I'm jealous or owt!

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Malc where are you?

Once again I've spent three hours on here attempting to prise a reply from someone, unsuccesfully.

So, seeing as I've just drained me last drop of Shiraz (Oops did I say that out loud?), I'm off to bed, once again defeated by this deafening wall of silence.

Night.

Social source share

Malc where are you?

Once again I've spent three hours on here attempting to prise a reply from someone, unsuccesfully.

So, seeing as I've just drained me last drop of Shiraz (Oops did I say that out loud?), I'm off to bed, once again defeated by this deafening wall of silence.

Night.

To be fair to us Barry...it wasn't one of your best Mate. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I can, up to about five grand that is, understand a person digging deep for a track.

But beyond that, I do believe that you are either mad, or you are sending out a bit of a statement that goes beyond the actual need to own whatever piece of vinyl that you have spent what I see as a ridiculous amount on.

But does having enough money to enable you to make your dreams come true mean anything to us poor bastards that can't?

No but it makes you an instant top DJ :thumbsup:

Social source share

When I tell (normal) people I paid £20 for a record they think that's a lot of money.

If you can understand paying five grand for a record - where's the leap in craziness to paying, oooh, six grand. Or maybe the next one will be seven grand...

Social source share

5 grand on 1 tune and your a poor fecker that has to scrimp Barry :thumbsup:

i wish i was a poor scrimping fecker right now laugh.gif

Social source share

To be fair to us Barry...it wasn't one of your best Mate. biggrin.gif

Understood Dave, and you're quite right.

It is difficult for me sometimes and I do have to scrape the barrel question-wise, as I think on me feet when I'm on here.

I guess I'm just lonely.

Social source share

I wouldn't begrudge anybody paying what they want for a record. Personally i can't see the point nowdays there's too much other stuff about. I suppose people pay a lot of money for a work of art so why not. Are they buying it as an investment or for the love.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I wouldn't begrudge anybody paying what they want for a record. Personally i can't see the point nowdays there's too much other stuff about. I suppose people pay a lot of money for a work of art so why not. Are they buying it as an investment or for the love.

it's no investment buying soul records , the investment is buying the tunes at the top of the record collector guide , not manships guide cos when you lot have retired the tunes will be worth NADA

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert