Inspirations - "no One Else Can Take Your Place"

Soulboy69

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello all, been re-discovering this amazing tune on a dodgy compilation l.p. and would like some info about it if possible.

Was it only ever released on a dodgy pressing? If so, what is the quality like and is it worth getting hold of?

Thank you in advance.

It was released on a legit repress on pink Breakthrough by the labels owner. It's slightly different in that (people say) there is a new vocal over the old backing track, but if thats true, this version is actually better (and longer) than the original. Then again, depending on what LP you are listening to it off, you could be listening to the second version anyway.

I used to sell the pink one for 10 quid then people began getting 50, 60 and more for it on ebay so now I sell it for 30. The original is like 2 or 3 copies only and is 5 grand.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

It was released on a legit repress on pink Breakthrough by the labels owner. It's slightly different in that (people say) there is a new vocal over the old backing track, but if thats true, this version is actually better (and longer) than the original. Then again, depending on what LP you are listening to it off, you could be listening to the second version anyway.

I used to sell the pink one for 10 quid then people began getting 50, 60 and more for it on ebay so now I sell it for 30. The original is like 2 or 3 copies only and is 5 grand.

The second cut is definately better for me, as the original sounds a bit misjointed. To add, the label owner also recut Buddy Connor's "When you're alone" Breakthrough, by the World's Funkiest Band on California Gold label. At the same time. Should cost about £10-15.

Social source share

Hello all, been re-discovering this amazing tune on a dodgy compilation l.p. and would like some info about it if possible.

Was it only ever released on a dodgy pressing? If so, what is the quality like and is it worth getting hold of?

Thank you in advance.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

i sold 2 copies on the pink breakthrough label last year.. ( charles diamond)..on here,.. non left now.... but dont seem to be many about anymore, like alot of the 70s pressings...inc george blackwell etc, so defo worth picking at the right price if seen.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert