Manny's Finishing Prices

vaultofsouler

Tonights finishing prices are....

The Butlers with Frankie Beverly - Because Of My Heart b'w I Want To Feel I'm Wanted (Rouser) - £3505

Carlyle Miller - Get Back On The Right Track With You (Wam) - £56

Richard Caiton - I See Love Girl In Your Eyes (Caiburt) - £186

Mel Wynn & The Rhythm Aces - Don't Want To Lose You (Wand) £313

Cheryll Ann - I Can't Let Him (Patty) - £258

JoAnn Courcy - I Got The Power (Twirl promo) - £786

Jules & The Dynamics - I'm A Love Man With A Love Plan b/w I've Been A Long Way From Home (Free As A Breeze) - £113

The Soul President - Got To Have It b/w Get It Right (Big Mack) - £101

Tan Geers - Let My Heart And Soul Be Free b/w What's The Use Of Me Trying (Okeh) - £408

Orthea Barnes - Your Picture On The Wall b/w Same As Before (Soundcraft acetate) - £47

Norma Jenkins ? - His Love Is Amazing (South Mountain Music Corp acetate) - £317

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (UK Vanguard demo) - £76

Alma Faye - I Believed (UK Flamingo demo) - £207

Brenda Holloway - Starting The Hurt All Over Again b/w Just Look What You've Done (UK Tamla Motown demo) - £78

Derek Martin - Daddy Rollin' Stone (UK Sue) - £90

Free - Taking It Away (Would Be Breaking My Heart) (UK Philips) - £52

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We must apologize for those customers trying to bid on the auction this evening, there was unprecedented traffic, with literally 1000s watching or trying to bid and the whole system ground to a halt with only minutes to go.

Those of you who got bargains, well done. Those who phoned and asked us to bid for them, only to find we had the same problems with frozen screens. The website server peeked and fell over, it was rebooted asap but it was just after 18.00hrs with most items the hammer had already fell.

We will be taking steps so this never happens again with a big meatier server. Once again sincere apologies if you tried and were unable to bid as usual.

Needless to say those of you who bid early and got bargains, we are very happy for you :unsure:sad.gif:D

All@ raresoulman.co.uk

Edited by john manship
Social source share

We must apologize for those customers trying to bid on the auction this evening, there was unprecedented traffic, with literally 1000s watching or trying to bid and the whole system ground to a halt with only minutes to go.

Those of you who got bargains, well done. Those who phoned and asked us to bid for them, only to find we had the same problems with frozen screens. The website server peeked and fell over, it was rebooted asap but it was just after 18.00hrs with most items the hammer had already fell.

We will be taking steps so this never happens again (a bif beefier server), once again sincere apologies if you tried and were unable to bid as usual.

Needless to say those of you who bid early and got bargains, we are very happy for you :unsure:sad.gif:D

All@ raresoulman.co.uk

Social source share

Tonights finishing prices are....

The Butlers with Frankie Beverly - Because Of My Heart b'w I Want To Feel I'm Wanted (Rouser) - £3505

Carlyle Miller - Get Back On The Right Track With You (Wam) - £56

Richard Caiton - I See Love Girl In Your Eyes (Caiburt) - £186

Mel Wynn & The Rhythm Aces - Don't Want To Lose You (Wand) £313

Cheryll Ann - I Can't Let Him (Patty) - £258

JoAnn Courcy - I Got The Power (Twirl promo) - £786

Jules & The Dynamics - I'm A Love Man With A Love Plan b/w I've Been A Long Way From Home (Free As A Breeze) - £113

The Soul President - Got To Have It b/w Get It Right (Big Mack) - £101

Tan Geers - Let My Heart And Soul Be Free b/w What's The Use Of Me Trying (Okeh) - £408

Orthea Barnes - Your Picture On The Wall b/w Same As Before (Soundcraft acetate) - £47

Norma Jenkins ? - His Love Is Amazing (South Mountain Music Corp acetate) - £317

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (UK Vanguard demo) - £76

Alma Faye - I Believed (UK Flamingo demo) - £207

Brenda Holloway - Starting The Hurt All Over Again b/w Just Look What You've Done (UK Tamla Motown demo) - £78

Derek Martin - Daddy Rollin' Stone (UK Sue) - £90

Free - Taking It Away (Would Be Breaking My Heart) (UK Philips) - £52

MEL WYNN @ £313 I FEEL HAPPY TO HAVE GOTTEN £250 CASH FOR MINE LAST YR smile.gif

AND GLAD TO SEE RICHARD CAITON DIDNT GO FOR SILLY MONEY :unsure:

Social source share

BUT IS THAT REALLY FAIR TO THE SELLER WHO COULD HAVE HAD ALOT MORE IF THE SYSTEM HAD NOT CRASHED..OK NOT JOHNS FAULT AT ALL BUT ID FEEL A BIT PEEVED IF I WERE SELLING FB ON ROUSER FOR THAT PRICE? SURELY FAIRER TO RE-AUCTION IF THE SELLER IS UNHAPPY WITH PRICE IF NOT THEN SO BE IT..

GASHER

Social source share

BUT IS THAT REALLY FAIR TO THE SELLER WHO COULD HAVE HAD ALOT MORE IF THE SYSTEM HAD NOT CRASHED..OK NOT JOHNS FAULT AT ALL BUT ID FEEL A BIT PEEVED IF I WERE SELLING FB ON ROUSER FOR THAT PRICE? SURELY FAIRER TO RE-AUCTION IF THE SELLER IS UNHAPPY WITH PRICE IF NOT THEN SO BE IT..

GASHER

Fair point Ritchie and a valid one too!

Social source share

GASHER

I totally agree with you.

Just advertise over here, on the site and thru the mailing list properly. I think it's fair to everyone...

Cheers,

D

Social source share

What's going to be the reaction if the system crashes when John auctions Frank Wilson ? ohmy.gifwicked.gif

The site is shortly receiving a huge revamp (launch April 1st.), that will comfortably deal with any unusual traffic surges we experienced last night, or on any future auctions . Apparently 1000s of people logged in around 17:45 to 17:55, all those together, slowed it right up.

We received constant phone calls and bids, and some were still able to place bids over the net, but the traffic volume delays prevented the usual fluent counter-bidding system, so most items finished exactly on 18:00hrs.

We never had another enquiry or bid on Frank Beverly - Rouser after it reached it's high in late afternoon.

All winning bids will of course, be honored, no matter what they sold for..

John

Edited by john manship
Social source share

GASHER

Yes but thats why its called an auction - Seller should have put a reserve on it - If it meets that then thats the game.

No invite for me tommorow- I wonder Why :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert