Chicago Soul Trip

• Replies 94
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

anybody going on the chicago soul trip in three weeks,been looking forward to this for 3yrs,one of the highlights has to be a trip to the motown studios.went on the other 2 trips had a great time. good job i got my dollars early last year.......

Using the last of my airmiles to whisk me in from sunny Brussels, can only stay 6 days but looking forward

to it :D

Social source share

the piss heads from goole are going. no i'm not on about spot even though he's going, i'm actually on about us from snaith which is the classy place near goole

Aussie numbers are low this time due to the economic climate . There will be just me & Barry Simpson ex carlisle . We can't wait as we are starved of life acts down under . Best John in sunny cool 31c Queensland

Social source share

anybody going on the chicago soul trip in three weeks,been looking forward to this for 3yrs,one of the highlights has to be a trip to the motown studios.went on the other 2 trips had a great time. good job i got my dollars early last year.......

if anyone here who knows me wants to meet up with me you can pm me, also bring records to trade...

Social source share

Hi there, yes three of us from Cheltenham are going plus some friends from Oxford and the south coast, I'm djing on Thursday night so really looking forward to it. can't believe how quick it's come round, we paid the deposit 18 months ago. haven't got our dollars yet, but won't let it spoil our trip, you don't go all that way to not make the most of it all do you?

Like you we are all looking forward to the trip to Detroit, 4 hours there and 4 hours back but wouldn't miss it for the world.

Can't wait

best regards

Neil Self

Social source share

Neil Jones and I are getting married on the 6th over there..

Can't wait :D:D

See you over there

Dolly :D

Social source share

Aussie numbers are low this time due to the economic climate . There will be just me & Barry Simpson ex carlisle . We can't wait as we are starved of life acts down under . Best John in sunny cool 31c Queensland

Johnny Redpants says he's going, it's worth going to to see him, hear him, smell him, touch him biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hi there, yes three of us from Cheltenham are going plus some friends from Oxford and the south coast, I'm djing on Thursday night so really looking forward to it. can't believe how quick it's come round, we paid the deposit 18 months ago. haven't got our dollars yet, but won't let it spoil our trip, you don't go all that way to not make the most of it all do you?

Like you we are all looking forward to the trip to Detroit, 4 hours there and 4 hours back but wouldn't miss it for the world.

Can't wait

best regards

Neil Self

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

If you were with Glen the it's YOUR round! :)

If Glenn is going this time round tell him I'll have the TARDIS bag with me again. beer.gif

Hey Dave, I'ts going to be another good trip, cant wait, make sure the "Tardis" is fully stocked :thumbup: , looks like a dear hotel....make sure Dave Fergy doesn't have to much - dont want him falling over again ! also keep an eye out for cheeky scousers ["Stacey's dad"] dibbing in for a freebie !!!!!!! :shades:

Glenn.

Social source share

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

Dave Fergy falling over.........he started perfecting the wibbly wobbly walk last night let me tell you wink.gif

Message for Johnny Redpants.......will Kay be along too with you and Barry, we haven't seen them since Adelaide! it would be great to catch up.

Mrs KTBH

Bev&Kev

Social source share

Hello will you say Hello to Barry from us (chris and debbie) from beacon lough, gateshead Thanks.

chris and debbie

Edited by ChrisOD1964
Social source share

Hey Dave, I'ts going to be another good trip, cant wait, make sure the "Tardis" is fully stocked :shades: , looks like a dear hotel....make sure Dave Fergy doesn't have to much - dont want him falling over again ! also keep an eye out for cheeky scousers ["Stacey's dad"] dibbing in for a freebie !!!!!!! laugh.gif

Glenn.

Hello Mucker,

Tardis will be stocked. Bring an opener though as the barman might not be as friendly!. :)

You going straight to Prestatyn too?! Hope there's a launderette on the way or I'll be hummin' by then! :thumbup:

See you there Matey!

Social source share

Dave Fergy falling over.........he started perfecting the wibbly wobbly walk last night let me tell you :)

Hey, nowt wrong with a bit of wibbly wobbly walk! Plus...Dave's an expert at it now. :shades:

If I haven't perfected it by the time we leave I'm gonna be gutted. thumbsup.gif

Might see you at The Kestral Suite on 20th?....mmmm, maybe not! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Hello Mucker,

Tardis will be stocked. Bring an opener though as the barman might not be as friendly!. :lol:

You going straight to Prestatyn too?! Hope there's a launderette on the way or I'll be hummin' by then! :D

See you there Matey!

Dave, it's going to be a good warm up for Prestatyn, hope my liver takes the pace :wicked: , going home for a night in my own bed though on thursday, arriving friday sometime. I was hardly going to miss the Volumes now was I :wicked:

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Hey, nowt wrong with a bit of wibbly wobbly walk! Plus...Dave's an expert at it now. :wicked:

If I haven't perfected it by the time we leave I'm gonna be gutted. :wicked:

Might see you at The Kestral Suite on 20th?....mmmm, maybe not! :lol:

I was dehydrated after a 6 mile run earlier! :D

DF

Social source share

If your at the Motown studios, don't forget to pop into Peoples Records, lots of lovely vinyl. It's only a 10min walk from the studio, and pretty safe long as you stick to West Grand and Woodward Ave.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Can't wait

best regards

Neil Self

Hiya Bud yes you will love Detroit , More than likely Kev will arrange a few artist's to meet you.

Yes hope so, I believe laura Lee is the hostess with the mostest in Detroit.

not long now!!!!!

regards

Neil

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Then run a bit faster and you'll be back for drink quicker! :lol:

You packed the 45s for Chicago? I've unpacked them and am starting again! :lol:

Done a first "rough" selection..need to fine tune though. A box of US & a box of UK.

DF

Social source share

Dave Fergy falling over.........he started perfecting the wibbly wobbly walk last night let me tell you :thumbsup:

Message for Johnny Redpants.......will Kay be along too with you and Barry, we haven't seen them since Adelaide! it would be great to catch up.

Mrs KTBH

Bev&Kev

G'day Cobber no mate Kay treated Barry to this trip as a 50th present he is a lucky man . Barry presently practising for the Karoake ha best John 34 c today

Social source share

What day(s) is/are that ?

Hi Chris, think it's on the 10th the day before we head back to the uk. Think I'll take that Rose Batiste I bought off you a few years back, limited space in the record box and it's such a fantastic double sider.

best regards

Neil

Is she gonna be there ? I have to leave on the 9th :yes: Shame,I have a bum sniffing story about Rose Batiste, probably best posted on another forum :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is she gonna be there ? I have to leave on the 9th :yes: Shame,I have a bum sniffing story about Rose Batiste, probably best posted on another forum :thumbsup:

Don't think she is due to appear but you can tell me the story over a beer whilst we are over there.

I love a good natter

best

Neil

Social source share

Hey Dave, I'ts going to be another good trip, cant wait, make sure the "Tardis" is fully stocked wink.gif , looks like a dear hotel....make sure Dave Fergy doesn't have to much - dont want him falling over again ! also keep an eye out for cheeky scousers ["Stacey's dad"] dibbing in for a freebie !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Glenn.

listen ere hunter if dave is giving away free beer one thing is for sure you will be in front of everybody....tight arse........see you soon

Social source share

We'll be there from Bury, 4 hours! oh no, i'd got it into my head it was 3 :thumbsup: , but still looking forward to it biggrin.gif

Phil

don't care if it's 4, I have only been to the states once before in the 90s and didn't manage to get there then, so this time it's gotta be done

best regards

Neil

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

listen ere hunter if dave is giving away free beer one thing is for sure you will be in front of everybody....tight arse........see you soon

Glad to see that legendary scouse wit has not deserted you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Glad to see that legendary scouse wit has not deserted you :D

you must have a great sense of humour the way you dress :D .....dont forget your wallet tight arse :D .....by the way theres a guy called hollywood al flying in from LA, met him on the first trip in LA and he turned up in NJ, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet....he will be hanging around with glen hunter ,jim smirk and kev farley, you have just got to meet this guy...

Social source share

you must have a great sense of humour the way you dress :D .....dont forget your wallet tight arse :D .....by the way theres a guy called hollywood al flying in from LA, met him on the first trip in LA and he turned up in NJ, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet....he will be hanging around with glen hunter ,jim smirk and kev farley, you have just got to meet this guy...

Does he buy beer? If so, please introduce me. If not, sit him in a corner on his own or palm him off on Steve Gainey! :D

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

We'll be there front and centre. Really looking forward to seeing who turns up this time in the Windy City. Dictaphone and camera are at the ready!

Hey Dave as you know i'll be there (and mark) im probably not going out till the Fri now coming back Tues We can still drinK Fri instead of Thurs cant we???????? Is Styrene going? :lol:

Social source share

Hey Dave as you know i'll be there (and mark) im probably not going out till the Fri now coming back Tues We can still drinK Fri instead of Thurs cant we???????? Is Styrene going? :(

Hey hey,

Styrene will be there. Otherwise I'd never know where my camera and dictaphone were! All the girls are coming with us. Really chuffed Mark's gonna make it.

I'll get the barman to put 2 half pint bottles of beer to one side for you......don't want you Californian sun tanned Jesses getting too many carbs do we? We'll start a bar-tab for you when we get there though so you'll be there in spirit. What room # you in? :lol::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert