• Replies 94
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mark Holmes

Dee Jay and myself arrive on Friday.

One from Florida and one from California.

Arrive about 6:30 ish at the hotel. Shorts and shoes on and on the dancefloor by 9:00pm

Travelling soulies together again. Yippee.

I'll be the one representing Mickey Mouse tongue.gif

Social source share

Me and Barry Simpson arrive at O'hare on the friday at 16.00 (4pm) local time any one to share a cab p.m me as it be more foster money .Last cab from JFK to the New Jersey bash cost me 200us a right p=============zer .Anyone on here go an approx re cab fare ect best John

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Me and Barry Simpson arrive at O'hare on the friday at 16.00 (4pm) local time any one to share a cab p.m me as it be more foster money .Last cab from JFK to the New Jersey bash cost me 200us a right p=============zer .Anyone on here go an approx re cab fare ect best John

Will take a lot of coordination but I am sure we could pull it off.

We could pull up in a limo for the less than the price of cabs :)

I will look into it.

Another option is van service which leaves the airport and stops at different hotels downtown. It is cheaper but takes longer to get to your destination.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Cab fare from O'Hare to Hotel is + - $45 - share then goes to about $55 so at about

$25 a head you're sorted, the distance is only 17 miles. I've got a shared van, they're good fun, you get all sorts of weird and wonderful fellow travellers let alone the nutty drivers ohmy.gif

Social source share

if you guys wanted to save money, you could take the train (it's right inside the airport, the blue line) to the Chicago street stop (which is near your hotel in terms of how far north it is) and then take a cab from there, it should only be maybe 5-10 dollars at that point. the train would be $2.25 and you would get a slightly better view of the city on your ride.

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

been watching the weather and i think its gonna be cold :) ....so pack those thermals and see you all at the bar.... and glen hunters buying the first round :lol: ...more chance of macclesfield winning a game :g:

Might get a round in if we beat Shrewsbury on saturday - but dont hold your breath :D

Social source share

Graham and I will be there, can't wait,

Lorraine

Lorraine Neil has made all the arrangements for our wedding. I have no idea where it's taking place or how it's going to be, all I know is that it's on the Friday 6th March and I can't wait to be Mrs Neil Jones :huh: , I do hope I see you at some point during the celebrations .

Xx

Social source share

From the flight deck.....

Have a great flight everyone.

Quiz forms on board, see Teamleaders(Snowy/Manchester-Neil Self/Heathrow)

DJ Line-up is;Mick H, Neil Jones, Dolly Jones(biggrin.gif), Dave Rivers, Yockie, Dave Raistrick, Neil Self, Snowy, Dave Moore's Hitsville Soul Club, The Windy City Soul club Plus a couple of late runners/riders.

RUBY ANDREWS will be in Reception to greet you all.

Bar is to the left of reception(The Pump Room). First night(the 4th of March) starts at 9pm, to allow the later flights to get checked in.

A few mouthwatering teasers.... JIMMY BURNS to sing I REALLY LOVE YOU.

THE TRENDS will be with us.

THERESA LINDSAY in Detroit with us on March 10th!

Last minute notes.... Hotel is 40 mins from Airport. Located Downtown.

Any queries prior or upon arrival, Text us on 0784-1197874 for immediate response. You text as you would do in UK-No additional prefix numbers.

Travelbag and New World Travel are your contacts upon arrival.

This is our last SOULTRIPUSA so let's make it the best ever in one of Soul music's greatest cities.

Safe trip everyone....Kev and Sam at Goldsoul.

Social source share

Lorraine Neil has made all the arrangements for our wedding. I have no idea where it's taking place or how it's going to be, all I know is that it's on the Friday 6th March and I can't wait to be Mrs Neil Jones wub.gif , I do hope I see you at some point during the celebrations .

Xx

Dolly, whatever he has organised will be amazing I'm sure, and I promise even if I don't see you on Friday, I WILL celebrate this auspicious occasion.....even if it is on my own in the hotel bar, :-0

Perhaps I should get Spot and Gail to spill the details, and then stalk you.....

Actually a little bird from Brighton whispered a certain detail in my shell like, my lips are sealed, but it sounded fabulous, I can say no more :-)

Enjoy your day

Lorraine

Social source share

From the flight deck.....

Last minute notes.... Hotel is 40 mins from Airport. Located Downtown.

Any queries prior or upon arrival, Text us on 0784-1197874 for immediate response. You text as you would do in UK-No additional prefix numbers.

Travelbag and New World Travel are your contacts upon arrival.

Safe trip everyone....Kev and Sam at Goldsoul.

Anybody want an affordable shared mini-bus $25 each way I'm booked with these guys.

https://www.airportexpress.com/

Good luck and the Milky bars are on me :shades:

Social source share

Might get a round in if we beat Shrewsbury on saturday - but dont hold your breath sad.gif

what time will you be at the bar... :thumbsup: ....large gin & tonic for me

could all people going to chicago trip place there bar order on here and im sure mr hunter will not let us down.. thumbsup.gif

Edited by staceys dad
Social source share

could all people going to chicago trip place there bar order on here and im sure mr hunter will not let us down.. thumbsup.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Mines a nice dark Samuel Adams please. Served at room temperature too Glen if you don't mind. Can't be doing wi that freezin' cold stuff.

Social source share

Neil has made all the arrangements for our wedding. I have no idea where it's taking place or how it's going to be, all I know is that it's on the Friday 6th March and I can't wait to be Mrs Neil Jones wub.gif , I do hope I see you at some point during the celebrations .

Xx

Looks like it could be a nice day for a white wedding :thumbsup: temperatures running well below freezing - looks like snow !!

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Me and my big mouth, cant get a win for weeks, 1 point from six games, promise a free drink and the ba*****s go and win 3-0, oh well bottles of Bud all round.....................

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

:thumbsup:laugh.giflaugh.gif

Mines a nice dark Samuel Adams please. Served at room temperature too Glen if you don't mind. Can't be doing wi that freezin' cold stuff.

Youv'e got it Dave, if they sell it over there first ones on me, just make sure the Tardis is stocked for later on !

Social source share

Looks like it could be a nice day for a white wedding :thumbup: temperatures running well below freezing - looks like snow !!

Chicago papers are saying sunny with a temperature of 47F (15 degrees above freezing).No snow is predicted.

For a day in Chicago in March that really is a nice day for a white wedding ! :lol:

Social source share

anybody going on the chicago soul trip in three weeks,been looking forward to this for 3yrs,one of the highlights has to be a trip to the motown studios.went on the other 2 trips had a great time. good job i got my dollars early last year.......

i ain't going and don't know if this has been mentioned but search out "blues bar" you'll see Jimmy Burns in there also frequently visited by Otis Clay .Anyway Jimmy deserves paying homage to for the sounds he's given to us in the past.When i met him there the first thing he said to me was"do you know Mark Bicknell" couldn't believe it!

all the best

dave

Social source share

i ain't going and don't know if this has been mentioned but search out "blues bar" you'll see Jimmy Burns in there also frequently visited by Otis Clay .Anyway Jimmy deserves paying homage to for the sounds he's given to us in the past.When i met him there the first thing he said to me was"do you know Mark Bicknell" couldn't believe it!

all the best

dave

Hi Dave,

Jimmy Burns will be live on stage at the main showcase gig on Saturday Night singing "I Really Love You". And I, along with a gang of close mates, will be front and centre! He's also appearing at Buddy Guys on the Monday night for anyone who fancies popping down and listening to his blues guitar set.

Glenn.....Tardis packed Mate. Will stock it up when we get there. :thumbup:

Days to do are getting few!

Social source share

Thursday

Mar 05

Light Rain / Freezing Rain

High 6°C

Low 0°C

Precip 40 %

Friday

Mar 06

AM Clouds / PM Sun

High 11°C

Low -1°C

Saturday

Mar 07

Showers

High 4°C

Low -1°C

Sunday

Mar 08

Rain / Snow Showers

High 4°C

Low 1°C

Monday

Mar 09

Showers

High 6°C

Low -3°C

That's cold man :thumbup:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Thursday

Mar 05

Light Rain / Freezing Rain

High 6°C

Low 0°C

Precip 40 %

Friday

Mar 06

AM Clouds / PM Sun

High 11°C

Low -1°C

Saturday

Mar 07

Showers

High 4°C

Low -1°C

Sunday

Mar 08

Rain / Snow Showers

High 4°C

Low 1°C

Monday

Mar 09

Showers

High 6°C

Low -3°C

That's cold man :thumbup:

Here's the weather from the Chicago Tribune -

Wednesday- Sunny- - high 41F

Thursday- Sunny but clouding over in the afternoon- high 48F

Friday- Partly sunny- high 54F

Seems fine to me !!

Social source share

Gonna be a squeeze in that cab with our respective waistlines AND the luggage Chris. Be good to see you again. Roll on Hitsville in Spain eh!

Bloody Hell dave, didn't realise you were gonna be there!!

that's another round of drinks I'll have to get in then

see you there buddy

Neil Self

Social source share

Gonna be a squeeze in that cab with our respective waistlines AND the luggage Chris. Be good to see you again. Roll on Hitsville in Spain eh!

Bloody Hell dave, didn't realise you were gonna be there!!

that's another round of drinks I'll have to get in then

see you there buddy

Neil Self

Watch out for the London Soul Brothers we'll be the ones at the bar supporting the US brewing industry through these tough economical times :D

We'll I've started packing already, looks like me aircraft is roaring to go..........................

Sees you all there....................... :)

Social source share

A DETROIT TIP FOR Y'ALL:

When you're at the Motown Museum, if you point your head eastward down West Grand Boulevard, you'll see a tall, green-topped 1920s-era skyscraper called the Fisher Building. Its lobby is a must-see. It's one of the most beautiful skyscrapers in the U.S. (and therefore in the world). It also has a great shop on the ground floor called Pure Detroit where you can stock up on Detroit souvenirs. Seriously, don't miss it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_Building

Social source share

A DETROIT TIP FOR Y'ALL:

When you're at the Motown Museum, if you point your head eastward down West Grand Boulevard, you'll see a tall, green-topped 1920s-era skyscraper called the Fisher Building. Its lobby is a must-see. It's one of the most beautiful skyscrapers in the U.S. (and therefore in the world). It also has a great shop on the ground floor called Pure Detroit where you can stock up on Detroit souvenirs. Seriously, don't miss it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_Building

I intend to be re-incarnated as an Art Deco building, perhaps a Modernist house !! :g:

Social source share

Here's the weather from the Chicago Tribune -

Wednesday- Sunny- - high 41F

Thursday- Sunny but clouding over in the afternoon- high 48F

Friday- Partly sunny- high 54F

Seems fine to me !!

The Iceman Cometh

Am in Chicago now and its very cold but bright. You just need to be wrapped up

Social source share

Tell ja what spent some time with Major Lance's daughter last night - quite a peach, also

Clifford Curry plus some other gem like characters. Will post some pics tomorrow............ smile.gif

Spending the night with Frank Greenwood's daughter + a few beers with some old buggers from the Wheel days.

Off to bed now! - No pictures available!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert