wolfie66

• Replies 48
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Fantastic Four used to be a cheapie but it now sells for £40 plus. £50/£60 in the latest JM guide. Fantastic record wink.gif

Brill double sider too Chalky imho would have thought it was one of the harder Ric-Tics too!

Hesitations is imho one of their best, around £25 (if ya lucky) but feel it will rise in price.

just seen it books at twice that?

steve
Social source share

Brill double sider too Chalky imho would have thought it was one of the harder Ric-Tics too!

Hesitations is imho one of their best, around £25 (if ya lucky) but feel it will rise in price.

steve

You're right of course about it being brill double sider. Does seem a tough one to find these days.

Another Hesitations to look out for is No Brags Just Facts on GWP thumbsup.gif Think I've posted it in refosoul.
Social source share

steve

Haven't heard the other side - could you out a scan up? - and £25 for The Hesitations is a bargain IMO?

Social source share

LOADS OF WHITE DEMOS FLOATING ABOUT IN THE LATE EIGHTIES OF THE FANTASTIC 4 ,BIG SHOTS SPIN,TREMENDOUS SOUL RECORD ,NOW A BIT TRICKY ,HESITATIONS FLIP IS JUST BRILL!!!

BAZ A :ohmy:

Alright Baz - only heard this the other day, sounds like I'm about 30 years too late :lol: Only one I've found so far is on JM's site. Must be on the bay now and again? Just been looking through the Refosoul clips, and what a CD a Fantastic Four/Hesitations comp would make! Pure class

Social source share

Cheers Steve, just makes me want the 45's even more. Any idea how many different front men they had, heard several different sounds on their 45's?

the main man is the late great "sweet" James Epps.. perhaps one of the finest in my book, an awesome singer.

check out their other 45's on Ric-Tic esp. "Goddess Of Love" and "Just The Lonely" (flip to the brill "Cant Stop Looking For My Baby" mouthwaterin! in my book wolfie :lol:

steve

Social source share

the main man is the late great "sweet" James Epps.. perhaps one of the finest in my book, an awesome singer.

check out their other 45's on Ric-Tic esp. "Goddess Of Love" and "Just The Lonely" (flip to the brill "Cant Stop Looking For My Baby" mouthwaterin! in my book wolfie :lol:

steve

Absolutely mustard :ohmy: Had to have a listen to Pinpoint it Down after just to remind myself it's the same group - any recommendations re: albums/CD's, must be a Falcons 'moment' somewhere surely?

List is getting longer..... :lol:

Social source share

Absolutely mustard :lol: Had to have a listen to Pinpoint it Down after just to remind myself it's the same group - any recommendations re: albums/CD's, must be a Falcons 'moment' somewhere surely?

List is getting longer..... :ohmy:

...and flip "Pinpoint It Down" for "I Feel Like Im Falling In Love Again"...WHY! after Motown took 'em with the Wingate deal, did they do next to nowt wid em???? just as they did nowt with JJ Barnes!!! CRIMINAL! in me humblest!

steve

Social source share

Ken - you are a man of true good taste in soul music :ohmy:

This is in my top ten and I would never let my promo or red issue go (think the issue might be harder on this one :lol: ).

So much of their stuff is top-drawer - (I'm Gonna) Live Up To What She Thinks is by far their best track for me by a long way - a novel angle with the song theme and a superb Detroit sound - these emotional mid to slow tempo ones are what Detroit did best IMVFHO.

This one is also notable for being the last release on the old red and black Ric-Tic label before the blue swirl design.

The groups other top tracks for me are:

As Long As I Live (I Live For You)
(Ric-Tic)

As Long As The Feeling Is There
(Ric-Tic)

Pin Point It Down
(Soul)

Totally awesome soul :D

Cheers

Richard

Yep, never realised the depth of their stuff before I started this thread, and I agree that (I'm gonna) is the best of some very good stuff I've heard so far - there's a cracking CD along the lines of The Falcons new release here for somebody :lol:

Still haven't been offered one yet though :g:

Social source share

Ken - you are a man of true good taste in soul music :lol:

This is in my top ten and I would never let my promo or red issue go (think the issue might be harder on this one :ohmy: ).

So much of their stuff is top-drawer - (I'm Gonna) Live Up To What She Thinks is by far their best track for me by a long way - a novel angle with the song theme and a superb Detroit sound - these emotional mid to slow tempo ones are what Detroit did best IMVFHO.

This one is also notable for being the last release on the old red and black Ric-Tic label before the blue swirl design.

(Ric-Tic)

(Ric-Tic)

Pin Point It Down
(Soul)

Totally awesome soul :lol:

Cheers

Richard

with you on what ya say re "Live Up", and the others ya list, Would also add to the ones already named in thread. "Ive Got To Have You" from their Ric-Tic days as class Detroit down tempo soul imho

would also add their last 45 on Soul label "On A Brighter Side Of A Blue World" from 1970, this brought some of the old Ric-Tic team together with the group, namely Norma Toney, Hermon Weems, Bob Hamilton (?) and Al Kent for this heart felt mid-tempo masterpiece.

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

Wolfie,

The stocker is much harder to find although the demo contains both sides also. Their first on the label I think. You can check out the whole label here

RIC TIC CATALOGUE

Pics and all!

How come i have only seen red ones then,save the one i posted.........i'll pay the same price for a demo.

Social source share

How come i have only seen red ones then,save the one i posted.........i'll pay the same price for a demo.

Agree Ken, demo on this is harder....had a fair few stockers pass through my hands but only ever 2 WDs...one of which I still have and is for sale, from memory condition is VG/VG+. BUT at the moment I'm still not well enough to dig through my 45s and find it, anyone still looking for a copy in a weeks time PM me then and I should by then have the energy to search it out :lol: .

Social source share

Agree Ken, demo on this is harder....had a fair few stockers pass through my hands but only ever 2 WDs...one of which I still have and is for sale, from memory condition is VG/VG+. BUT at the moment I'm still not well enough to dig through my 45s and find it, anyone still looking for a copy in a weeks time PM me then and I should by then have the energy to search it out :lol: .

S'pose it's all about what each person sees and has through their hands over time. Must have had at least 15/20 W/Demos over the years but only a couple of Red stockers. That's how I decide how hard 45s are to find. If I've seen 'em and how many. I think over the last few years more people have appreciated Mr Epps and the guys and have to admit I haven't seen either format for a while.

Ken - I would have thought around 25/30 quid for either would be about right nowadays...unless of course Mr Darge plays it at Crossfire then ...whoooooosh..Johnny Howard time baby!! :ohmy:

Social source share

S'pose it's all about what each person sees and has through their hands over time. Must have had at least 15/20 W/Demos over the years but only a couple of Red stockers. That's how I decide how hard 45s are to find. If I've seen 'em and how many. I think over the last few years more people have appreciated Mr Epps and the guys and have to admit I haven't seen either format for a while.

Ken - I would have thought around 25/30 quid for either would be about right nowadays...unless of course Mr Darge plays it at Crossfire then ...whoooooosh..Johnny Howard time baby!! :lol:

i offered thirty quid not long bakc,it had £40 on it.........think he had to take it home :ohmy: i wonder how much the Proph wants ?

Social source share

Red issue is much harder than the promo.

Popsike prices - most are in in 40 or 50 quid range - up to $128.

On eBay recently this one is higher 60-80 quid - sought after on there.

A record that was on the edge for a long time - rare(ish) but looked down on as a cheapie - so never got listened to :lol:

Richard

Social source share

Wolfie,

The stocker is much harder to find although the demo contains both sides also. Their first on the label I think. You can check out the whole label here

RIC TIC CATALOGUE

Pics and all!

Cheers Dave :D very handy for info... not so handy for me wallet rolleyes.gif Though a lot of 'em are surprisingly cheap considering they're (mostly) top class soul music - good job ithey were on Ric Tic?

Social source share

Girl have pity was also cut by The Carstairs , but is unissued on vinyl .It is written or co - written by Gene Redd of Red Coach records , hense the Carstairs connection .Best,Eddie

Indeed Eddie, and it was arranged and produced by Gene too, aint heard the Carstairs version, how does it compare to Fantastic Four? would love to hear a sound clip

steve

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

(Ric-Tic)

(Ric-Tic)

Pin Point It Down
(Soul)

Totally awesome soul :thumbsup:

For my money Richard you could also add

I Love you Madly (Ric-Tic and Soul)

Bit late on this one. Always found it one of the harder ones to pick up. But managed to find both demo and issue for £15 and £20 in 1990.

What's a white promo autographed worth? Not a very good autograph though. Live at Torbay in 91, fantastic!

Social source share

Bit late on this one. Always found it one of the harder ones to pick up. But managed to find both demo and issue for £15 and £20 in 1990.

What's a white promo autographed worth? Not a very good autograph though. Live at Torbay in 91, fantastic!

£7.50

Social source share

Hey Richard, that'd be great if you could scan 'em and send 'em to:

hitsville2648@earthlink.net that'd be great. We're looking to complete as many labels as possible in all formats and font variations.

Any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hi Dave. Yes, I will try and get round to a couple at the weekend. Sure there are a few I can add to the Ric-Tics as a starter for ten.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest selectasoul

Wolfie,

RIC TIC CATALOGUE

Pics and all!

Dave,

I also heve 2 Fantastic Four's on Canadian (RED) Ric Tic & the Laura Lee on Canadian RCA with a promo picture sleeve.

Cheers Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert