Paint Your Self In A Corner

Guest Baz

can any one shed the light on who sang this nice little cross over number and then also sell me it thank you please :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Demo on e-bay looks good Baz :unsure:

Worth keeping an eye on.

link

yep just had a pat my self looks good i will be bidding on it :lol:

Social source share

can any one shed the light on who sang this nice little cross over number and then also sell me it thank you please :unsure:

link

Got mine for a tenner from Manship on a UK Kawanza label Baz, they are now starting to dissapear due to it being one of Searlings compilation cd

Social source share

Got mine for a tenner from Manship on a UK Kawanza label Baz, they are now starting to dissapear due to it being one of Searlings compilation cd

link

we all know what happens then :lol: herd this on one of my mates tapes he did ages ago you know what happens when you hear some thing and no track listing :unsure:

Social source share

Give him 40 lashes Baz, a tape with no track listing is like a glass with no beer in it! :lol:   :unsure:

link

:lol: that'll be the one i just finnished need filling again

just had a peek on oven chips 6 listings for classic suls all out of stock apart from there rarer one on master key you work that out wacko.gif

Social source share

:lol: that'll be the one i just finnished need filling again

just had a peek on oven chips 6 listings for classic suls all out of stock apart from there rarer one on master key you work that out  wacko.gif

link

Have to admit that the master key track is brill...but surely not 200 :unsure: there's quite a few for sale on Gemm mate, just type that in you're engine and follw instructions :lol:

Social source share

Have to admit that the master key track is brill...but surely not 200 :unsure: there's quite a few for sale on Gemm mate, just type that in you're engine and follw instructions :lol:

link

had a listen to it while i was there very nice slab of soul doing it now :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I have a feeling it may be more than this :lol:

link

Yes £15 at the very most :( but you should be able to pick it up fairly cheaply (5-10) came out on UK Kwanza as well :yes: I'm sure there is another version out there somewhere but it escapes me at the moment :unsure:

May even have a spare in the sales box :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

A demo copy (I've never seen one before) is at ebay at the moment for $10.

Cheers, Martin

link

Actually i have a demo with promo sheet attached but not at all rare :unsure:

Social source share

When you get to my age you remember these tunes from first time round.

This was a massive hit in the states early 70's sold hundreds of thousands at around the same time as Cornelius Bros Too Late,another huge hit so cannot in way be rare. £10 absolute tops.

Tony

Social source share

When you get to my age you remember these tunes from first time round.

This was a massive hit in the states early 70's sold hundreds of thousands at around the same time as Cornelius Bros Too Late,another huge hit so cannot in way be rare. £10 absolute tops.

Tony

link

As I don't actually go out to play much anymore, I'm stunned when I hear of tracks like this that I used to like in a new release sort of way and I bought at the time. Another was the Originals "Good Lovin' Just A Dime Away". Andy Peebles used to play them all to death on Piccadilly Soul Train.

"Who'd 'ave thought thirty years today we'd be sitting around drinking Chateau de chasse and calling those new releases northern!

Paul

Social source share

Have to drag me old B&S's out but it was always referred to as Paint Yourself as the A side there and spoken of as big a hit as Too Late.

Don't matter that much though do it?

Not worth more than a tenner

Tony

link

Absolutely! Maybe 'Paint' charted popwise.

Social source share

Absolutely! Maybe 'Paint' charted popwise.

link

Positive paint was the A side & I'd stake my copy of Muriel day on that !

Social source share

In the UK yes it was. My US demo copy has 'other side as the plug side and 'Paint' isn't listed as charting in the Billboard book.

link

Interesting, I'm sure my US demo of "Paint..." is a stereo/mono, maybe the disc was repromoted with the sides filpped (as is thought to have happened with Bobby Sheen)?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Here's my promo with blurb sheet, it says here that "paint" was the Plug side certainly in the US. Can't put my hands on the UK copy without a big search ph34r.gif

Anyway mine is same both sides (both stereo) :shades:

Still only a ten pound record though blush.gif

post-1207-1116009525_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Errrrm excuse me i was wrong :shades: i must have turned the record over twice ph34r.gif mine does have IDWTLY on the flip blush.gif

Trouty

Social source share

Here's my promo with blurb sheet, it says here that "paint" was the Plug side certainly in the US. Can't put my hands on the UK copy without a big search  ph34r.gif

Anyway mine is same both sides (both stereo)  :shades:

Still only a ten pound record though blush.gif

link

JOT that artwork - looks like the folks that did the TV series Magpie :(

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

JOT that artwork - looks like the folks that did the TV series Magpie  :shades:

link

It's funny that you should mention that Steve but i'm sure that i heard (offthe record) that Tony Hart was very prominent in the indie promotions field before he started farting around with PVA, Lentils and Potatoe Printing thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Here's my promo with blurb sheet, it says here that "paint" was the Plug side certainly in the US. Can't put my hands on the UK copy without a big search  :lol:

Anyway mine is same both sides (both stereo)  :thumbsup:

Still only a ten pound record though :no:

link

And here's my promo copy:

post-394-1116152823_thumb.jpg

Social source share

In the UK yes it was. My US demo copy has 'other side as the plug side and 'Paint' isn't listed as charting in the Billboard book.

link

So does Dave have to hand over his copy of MD or not??....that will be 10 copies you'll have now P :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert