Northern Style Motown By Diana Ross

Suinoz

Had the chance to play a couple of superb tracks from one of the Diana Ross and the Supremes albums, Dynamic Diana at our 3rd anniversary last Saturday.Tracks were Get Ready and Shake me wake me. Two brilliant dancers with great breaks and the albums worth about 3 quid. If you like your northern style motown as we do over here i suggest you give em a spin at your next gig, they will blow you away. Amazing how the real cheapies are usually so good. Has anyone ever played anything from this album?? Nice replies only please. Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had the chance to play a couple of superb tracks from one of the Diana Ross and the Supremes albums, Dynamic Diana at our 3rd anniversary last Saturday.Tracks were Get Ready and Shake me wake me. Two brilliant dancers with great breaks and the albums worth about 3 quid. If you like your northern style motown as we do over here i suggest you give em a spin at your next gig, they will blow you away. Amazing how the real cheapies are usually so good. Has anyone ever played anything from this album?? Nice replies only please. Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Both these tracks originally came out on the Supremes album 'A Go-Go' from 1966. 2 stompers!

Social source share

Which album Ken...I can't find it???

I think Supremes sing Rogers and Hart mr Slider biggrin.gif dont know where is,Trevski posted up a picture so he'll know me lps are boxed away sorry.

Edited by ken
Social source share

I think Supremes sing Rogers and Hart mr Slider biggrin.gif dont know where is,Trevski posted up a picture so he'll know me lps are boxed away sorry.

Bloody hell, you're right ken!! I completely overlooked that album when i just thumbed through their lot. I knew I'd heard it before but forgot all about it and never thought to look at that MOR l.p...very fast uptempo Northern that's for sure!!! wink.gif Must play the rest of the tracks on that album to find anymore 'overlooked' gems.

Social source share

Not heard Dianas version but it would be a case on improving on perfection to be better than the Temps "Get ready" and the Tops "Shake me wake me".....two of the best tunes ever IMHO.

Chris

Hiya Chris, Suggest you get the album mate, these are 2 northern stompers. Agree the originals are awesome but they do fit into the Motown slot and you perhaps would'nt play em at a northern night eh? It's a real cheapie, only about 3 quid. Could be the next dancefloor sensation. Keep soulful. Tony OZ.

Social source share

Not heard Dianas version but it would be a case on improving on perfection to be better than the Temps "Get ready" and the Tops "Shake me wake me".....two of the best tunes ever IMHO.

Chris

I agree Chris. IMO they are just album fillers, short of summat better at the time to fill the lp ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert