Survival Kit

I picked up DAYBREAK back in '75, having heard it on (probably) Dave Symmonds BBC Radio 1 show. I don't think I ever heard it anywhere else on the radio and maybe just the once. I never heard it whenever I went out (not that often, I'll admit) and it's the only tune I have by them - the B side is Bobby McLure ~ YOU BRING OUT THE LOVE IN ME.

The only thing that strikes me about it is that it could be a slice of blue-eyed Soul.

Any info appreciated:

USA006-A.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I picked up DAYBREAK back in '75, having heard it on (probably) Dave Symmonds BBC Radio 1 show. I don't think I ever heard it anywhere else on the radio and maybe just the once. I never heard it whenever I went out (not that often, I'll admit) and it's the only tune I have by them - the B side is Bobby McLure ~ YOU BRING OUT THE LOVE IN ME.

The only thing that strikes me about it is that it could be a slice of blue-eyed Soul.

Any info appreciated:

USA006-A.jpg

you bring out the best is the same backing track as Love Affair on united artist.

mark

Social source share

This was a funny one, because there was no US release or indication of the source for either side, as I recall.

Yet, as Mark said, the McClure track shares the backing track to "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Love affair on UA.

Would love to know how the McClure side came about.

:unsure:

Sean

I suppose everyone knows this bit, but just to remind some of you, if you check out the discog on Bobby in Voices From The Shadows - issue 10 (page 34)

I seem to think it mentions Bobby was asked about the song and didn't know much about it either(?) :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I don't know Joe but what does anyone think that metal thing is sticking out at 5 o clock on that label?

smile.gif

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert