Video Dundee 70,s

• Replies 10
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone put names to faces on this?

WOW..... blast form the past...... Can name a few, this was Fintry Youth Club early 70s

Danny Hannan, Danny Feeney, Joe & Colin Heffel, Kanga, Nobby, Mark Sturrock (Stoke) Spud, Lesley & Wendy Anderson also from Kirkton as was I. The memory is not so good, am sure others will put names to the rest....... Happy Days, thanks for that. :wicked:

Philly

Social source share

Lenny it tells you on youtube who's on it. They're listed below.

Young Soul Rebel Squad @ Fintry Community Centre....

This was taken at our Local Youth Club "Fintry Community Centre" in Dundee, Scotland. [1970's]

Fintry, was the Housing Estate most of us grew up in.

Names involved;

Devine Brothers; Frankie, Danny & Tommy. Jake Doig, Mick 'Foamy' Foran, Ray McGuinnes, Danny Feeney, Danny Hannan, Mark 'Stoke' Sturrock, 'Big' Stu Cookson, Grant 'Nobby' McInally, James McBain, Mick Bradley, Robin Bell, Joe & Colin Heffell, Steven 'Wee Kanga' McAndrew, Steve Skelly, Jim McConnachie, Keir & Lindsay Gordan, Wayne & Frank McFaddyen, Mars Caird, Jackie Swan, Caron Lawson, Kate Ridell, Moira Higgins, Dave Sawyers, Cyril,

Sisters; Denise, Lorraine & Alison Duffy. Billy Laidlaw, Wendy & Lesley Anderson, Spud, Lizzy Miller,

Charlie Morgan (Filming Footage),

John & Nan Middleton (Club Leaders)

and a squad of Kirkton Boys/Girls (who came over to support us)

This was the "First Night" of the "Fintry Northern Soul Club", and went on to become Dundee's most visited Community Centre.

Visitors traveling from Wigan & Bolton in England to attend, 'Not Bad' for a Tuesday/Thursday Youth Club.

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac
Social source share

Lenny it tells you on youtube who's on it. They're listed below.

Young Soul Rebel Squad @ Fintry Community Centre....

This was taken at our Local Youth Club "Fintry Community Centre" in Dundee, Scotland. [1970's]

Fintry, was the Housing Estate most of us grew up in.

Names involved;

Devine Brothers; Frankie, Danny & Tommy. Jake Doig, Mick 'Foamy' Foran, Ray McGuinnes, Danny Feeney, Danny Hannan, Mark 'Stoke' Sturrock, 'Big' Stu Cookson, Grant 'Nobby' McInally, James McBain, Mick Bradley, Robin Bell, Joe & Colin Heffell, Steven 'Wee Kanga' McAndrew, Steve Skelly, Jim McConnachie, Keir & Lindsay Gordan, Wayne & Frank McFaddyen, Mars Caird, Jackie Swan, Caron Lawson, Kate Ridell, Moira Higgins, Dave Sawyers, Cyril,

Sisters; Denise, Lorraine & Alison Duffy. Billy Laidlaw, Wendy & Lesley Anderson, Spud, Lizzy Miller,

Charlie Morgan (Filming Footage),

John & Nan Middleton (Club Leaders)

and a squad of Kirkton Boys/Girls (who came over to support us)

This was the "First Night" of the "Fintry Northern Soul Club", and went on to become Dundee's most visited Community Centre.

Visitors traveling from Wigan & Bolton in England to attend, 'Not Bad' for a Tuesday/Thursday Youth Club.

soulmac.

Well done John..... god I missed so many..... can remember walking thru the mains to go to this. Back at school on the Monday, a lot of the Fintry gang went to school with me.

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

Well done John..... god I missed so many..... can remember walking thru the mains to go to this. Back at school on the Monday, a lot of the Fintry gang went to school with me.

absolutely classic thanks for posting

.the dundee boys were and still are mad as a brush but great people and great dancers cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert