International G.t.o.'s

Soulboy69

Hello good people. Forgive me if this has been covered before (as i was probably day dreaming) :huh:

but does anyone know how to tell the difference between the original pressing of The International GTO's "I Love My Baby"

and the re-press (using the same label). Thank you in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello good people. Forgive me if this has been covered before (as i was probably day dreaming) :huh:

but does anyone know how to tell the difference between the original pressing of The International GTO's "I Love My Baby"

bell sound stamped in run out on the original

Social source share

Easy one - original is nice thick vinyl with moulded label - pressing is crappy styrene with stuck on label

There's another one though isn't there? One of the infamous Soussan ones same time as George Blackwell and all that lot that were sold as originals. Can't remember how thick the vinyl was, but as I recall it was vinyl with a moulded over label. Certainly didn't look like the later rubbish styrene boot.

Social source share

Guest clark gable

Hello good people. Forgive me if this has been covered before (as i was probably day dreaming) :lol:

Hi there,

re Int Gto's,

It was done three times 1) counterfeit copy -hard to tell difference except it has the initials PB in the run off and no bell stamp or stamped matrix number. 2/3) booted on blue copy and mauve copy with # 100300 scratched in run off (source; Manship raresoulman)

respects Marky

Social source share

Ibought mine off Sam one Saturday lunch time in the Vic. on the bus going home it somehow got in the wars, and cracked it two thirds of the way around the final run in groove, you could push the label part right up, really wierd, never quite figured out how id done it.

Yes it was Bell Sound stamped.

Ihave seen a couple of the counterfeit ones one priced as a proper one, the other in a mates box didn't question his purchase, other than to say it was different to the one i'd had, at the time i didnt know the copys existed so i asumed he was buying the real deal, it appears not!

It did finally bite the dust along with a few others inc,

Luther Ingram w demo

Ivorys

Inspirations Your wish

deon jackson thats what you do and cant go on demos

roy hamilton shook me up

Lee Andrews Ive had it issue

and a couple more i cant recall after a domestic with my ex led to her slinging my play box out the back door

cest la vie!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert