Jimmy Delphs

Tommaso

I used to consider this 45 as a very very rare one, but I've seen quite a lot of them on ebay in the last period (probably less than Al Williams anyway..).

So, is it really that rare? And is the price going down (as I don't know how much the last ones went for?)

Maybe I'll be able to buy it one day.. :D

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I used to consider this 45 as a very very rare one, but I've seen quite a lot of them on ebay in the last period (probably less than Al Williams anyway..).

So, is it really that rare? And is the price going down (as I don't know how much the last ones went for?)

Maybe I'll be able to buy it one day.. :D

===

soul sam playted this at middleton last week.. assumed he just got a copy??

Social source share

it was very rare. this time last year maybe only a handful of copies. but the seller has a few copies. apparently they could be on a while whistling.gif

dave

I have seen several sellers with this 45 on eBay over the last few months - both white promos and also a couple of red issues. All gone for a good price though.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I have seen several sellers with this 45 on eBay over the last few months - both white promos and also a couple of red issues. All gone for a good price though.

Cheers

Richard

There have been a couple of sales in Japan too. W/Demos though not stockers. Amazing how many of these end up in Japan. I've been offered three in the last year and I've seen ten sell in the last year or so. (It's the one Carla 45 I'm short.) I'll hang on a few more years I reckon.

Social source share

We had a thread covering Jimmy Delphs before...a member on here let out the secret that they seem to have found as many copies of "Dancing" as have been found of Clara Hardy/Tuna. So my advise is to sit back and wait till the price drops even more. If its true what they say then the Esquires version will be the one thats harder and rarer. It was the better version anyway IMO.

Marc

Social source share

It would be funny wouldn't it if the Esquires ended up being the in demand version! It is certainly better in the sense that the production is of a higher standard, something about the rough edges on Jimmy delphs though- and the fact i never had one - that makes it so appealing!

RB

Social source share

Lots of white Demos but the red stocker is a major rare item I had one which i sold last year for over £2600 and that was one of only 3 i knew of in existence.

I unlike lots, think the JD version is the best and I wonder if all the esquires fans might change there mind if they had a nice JD red Stocker, it shouldn't I know but its happens.

Best Darren

Social source share

...I wonder if all the esquires fans might change there mind if they had a nice JD red Stocker, it shouldn't I know but its happens.

Best Darren

Know what you mean Darren, but its not always like that is it :thumbup: ? Once sold the less rarer Sonny Fisher / Outasite and recently bought "back" the rarer version...

still I must admit to like the less rarer one more :)

Social source share

Lots of white Demos but the red stocker is a major rare item I had one which i sold last year for over £2600 and that was one of only 3 i knew of in existence.

I unlike lots, think the JD version is the best and I wonder if all the esquires fans might change there mind if they had a nice JD red Stocker, it shouldn't I know but its happens.

Best Darren

Darren - is this one of the three stockers you mentioned or another one? :thumbsup:

Sorry about the scan quality - it's from eBay, but clearly shows writing on the label.

Richard

post-12286-1233507313_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Not sure Tony it thats the one I got off Tim but you could identify it as it had a little cicular surface scratch on it otherwise mint, the red one on the bay over xmas was a new one to me, you proberly know where the other 2 im thinking of are I expect, with regular contributors to this site. I dont know who got mine as JM sold it for me. So that 4 I know of.

Best Darren

Social source share

Not sure Tony it thats the one I got off Tim but you could identify it as it had a little cicular surface scratch on it otherwise mint, the red one on the bay over xmas was a new one to me, you proberly know where the other 2 im thinking of are I expect, with regular contributors to this site. I dont know who got mine as JM sold it for me. So that 4 I know of.

Best Darren

I had a red stock copy off John Anderson when Richard still had it covered as Tony Hestor. I sold it to Chris Plant around early 1984. Did Chris sell his records, if not he probably still has one. It was mint when I got it off John.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert