Unknown Northern Soul On Ebay

Guest stromberg

Guest stromberg

https://cgi.ebay.com/MONA-DAVIS-NORTHERN-SO...A1%7C240%3A1318

Northern Soul?? surely not :lol:

just makes you wonder what some US record dealers do consider to be Northern Soul wacko.gif

happens quite a few times that a record is described as Northern Soul when it clearly isn't, but this is one of the worst misinterpretations .

imagine you would have bought it blind :thumbsup:

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A very good find - shame it's not in any price guide !!

Could be played as an end of nighter at the worst 'do' ever though.

I agree - the 'Northern' category is a very broad spectrum though some interpretations are so wrong - my wish though is for ebay to get all of the fakes, rubbish boots and the so called limited edition white label pressings taken off the genuine category and put into a 'Northern Copies' category.

At least then anything bought in the true 'Northern Originals' category could be returned legally as it was not the genuine article in the correct category.

That wouldn't get around this mis-match though!

Social source share

On apositive note did anyone listen to that unknown acetate that went for over 500 quid from a guy in France- Was awesome- apparrantly only 2 copies and he sold one to a dj some 4 years ago. Great record - Soulbrew (Ebay id) bought it.

What do people think if you listened to it

seen that, Great crossover feel to it... see seller put a full file of it up to listen to!! :huh:

steve

Social source share

sounds muddy to me i can barely make it out? i had the same problem with div share before where a nice record sounded absolutely horrid. needless to say i don't use them anymore.

Social source share

Guest stromberg

On apositive note did anyone listen to that unknown acetate that went for over 500 quid from a guy in France- Was awesome- apparrantly only 2 copies and he sold one to a dj some 4 years ago. Great record - Soulbrew (Ebay id) bought it.

ebay surely is a great place for finding obscure records, no doubt.

I was just a bit ahem, suprised when I played the soundfiles for that specific record. It it so obviously a piece of sh... (country fans please don't get upset) and it doesn't come near any form or subgenre of Northern Soul at all

Social source share

Guest stromberg

sounds muddy to me i can barely make it out? i had the same problem with div share before where a nice record sounded absolutely horrid. needless to say i don't use them anymore.

that record will not get any better with a better sound sample or higher volume, it is some kind of Country.

Not even the magic words like: could become a monster in the hand of the right DJ or appearing on playlists,buy it now, before the price goes through the roof :huh: would sell this record

Social source share

I thought it was complete shite - fortunately I recorded the whole thing so if anyone wants it...

n.b. the more you listen to it, the more it grows on you

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

..are we talkin bout the one that was titled "Greater Love Has No Man"??

steve

There were 3 and they were all rubbish, one was slightly better than the other two, I recorded all of them. I had a demo of Carl Douglas - Marble And Iron on that label, it was shocking..

Social source share

Saw that Ernie, thought it was very good :huh:

Will it be getting spins soon?

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.com/MONA-DAVIS-NORTHERN-SO...A1%7C240%3A1318

Northern Soul?? surely not :)

just makes you wonder what some US record dealers do consider to be Northern Soul wacko.gif

happens quite a few times that a record is described as Northern Soul when it clearly isn't, but this is one of the worst misinterpretations .

imagine you would have bought it blind :)

Stefan

Pressed this link,then the little player and hear the first few sec then my machine logs out or simular and i have to sign on again,twice now :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert