Mitchell Braithwaite " You've Been A Long Time Coming "

Guest Malc Burton

Mitchell Braithwaite " You've Been A Long Time Coming " ( Probe )

I was looking through some old lists yesterday , and found one from Neil Rushton , dating from 1977 .

The above record is listed in the " Rarities - Strictly Originals " section , on a demo for the princely sum of £3 .......

I cannot for the life of me recall the record ( obviously the tune had gained scene plays , or Neil would not have listed it ) : so can some kind soul please oblige with a sound clip - providing such a creature exists ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was looking through some old lists yesterday , and found one from Neil Rushton , dating from 1977 .

The above record is listed in the " Rarities - Strictly Originals " section , on a demo for the princely sum of £3 .......

I cannot for the life of me recall the record ( obviously the tune had gained scene plays , or Neil would not have listed it ) : so can some kind soul please oblige with a sound clip - providing such a creature exists ........

Malc Burton

I used to play this at the Wirrina in 1975, I think I still have it on a white PROBE import demo, nice midetempo sing a long record, could be white.

Social source share

Malc Burton

Mitchell Braithwaite's version is excellent but a must listen is the fabulous cross-over version by Clarence Carter off his "Dynamic Clarence Carter" LP from '68 !!!

https://www.deezer.com/track/you-ve-been-a-...version-T747146

Social source share

Malc Burton

Hello

I picked one up on ebay last year for about £10. White USA Probe.

John Manship has one for sale with a sound clip: -

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/47401/BRAITHWAITE%2C+MITCHELL

Is it the same record as the "Other Brothers"

Cheers

kev Bod

Social source share

hmmmm i'm a bit worried about you :rolleyes: keeping lists that long very strange but hey the b sides great.

I should not if I were you - everyone gave up worrying about me years ago .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert