Bob And Fred

Boogaloo

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thought this was rare as hen's teeth but a copy seems to come up for sale every month over the last year. Is it really that rare?

Why not ask Tony Smith Warren? He's always championed this one and usually knows the history of the records he collects, even to the minute detail of what the studio cat had for lunch on the day the tracks were recorded. :thumbsup:

Kev

Social source share

There has been several copies for sale on the bay in recent months in various conditions. But also a few copies been offered from dealers as well in private. I would say from my experience that yes theres been some found, how many well who knows. People have learned there lessons from the royal esquires/clara hardy being put out in bulk. I think the ones to worry about are the Jimmy Delphs as a birdie told me in the states there'll be be on ebay for a while lol. Al williams and eddy hughes seems popular as well :g:

Greg

ps Tony at Boogaloo? i agree.. the man has the odd good record laugh.gif:ohmy:

Social source share

Must admit, this is a fave of mine. Would love to be the owner of a real one.

I always get Keith Money to play the instrumental B side with those lovely girlies twittering away ! The only way you can hear it.

Cheers............... Tom. Banbury.

Social source share

I find it interesting that it's specifically Detroit records which were once regarded as serious rarities which seem to be turning up in quantity over the last few years. There are of course isolated examples of this happening to records from elsewhere, but in the main in seems to be Motor City sounds.

Can anyone offer any theories as to why this should be the case where it doesn't seem to be so with long standing rarities from Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, L.A. etc.

Local dealers in Detroit just searching harder? Longer-standing exposure to wants lists from overseas? Simply more stock lying around in warehouses, peoples' homes, garages etc.

I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Social source share

I find it interesting that it's specifically Detroit records which were once regarded as serious rarities which seem to be turning up in quantity over the last few years. There are of course isolated examples of this happening to records from elsewhere, but in the main in seems to be Motor City sounds.

Can anyone offer any theories as to why this should be the case where it doesn't seem to be so with long standing rarities from Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, L.A. etc.

Local dealers in Detroit just searching harder? Longer-standing exposure to wants lists from overseas? Simply more stock lying around in warehouses, peoples' homes, garages etc.

Maybe they're off an assembly line. :thumbup:

Social source share

i don't know the reason but i will say that it is impossible to find 45s in Chicago and it has been slim pickings for many many years. many many people looking too, contacting label owners, etc. I'm not seeing many finds or unsourced labels coming out from chicago anytime soon if ever.

i've actually never been to detroit but i've heard at least that it's much easier to find records there overall

Social source share

Hard to say. Maybe a lot of folk are thinking more along the lines of "I wonder what these are worth" as they clear out having heard all about the biggies on ebay. Before they may have thrown them out or to the junk shop. Now they get assessed first.

Its not that different to here in the UK for items that once went to the tip or school jumble sale or car boot, all now get pre-screened..........

One view anyhow :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert