Fs Inc Betty Turner- Winds, J Howard Bashie Etc

Martint

All US originals. Prices in UK sterling. Some major in-demanders in this short but sweet list so please read carefully. I am sending this to my e-mailing list first, and then posting it here and elsewhere. All reservations taken on a first come first served basis. (If you would like to be added to my e-mailing list, please PM or email me).

I will consider offers on any of the records if you don't like the price, but obviously I will sell to the first person offering the full price in cash, and reserve the right to decline your offer. Payments welcomed by cheque or registered cash or paypal. I will have to charge 4% on top of paypal payments to cover their fees.P&P is extra at sensible cost- UK is £1.50 for one record sent recorded first class, £5 for special delivery. I will post worldwide. Thanks for looking!

Anything not selling will probably end up on www.record-dealer.com . reservations to: martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

US originals for sale

---------------------

1. Melvin Carter- Teacher of love (Peacock) great M- 30.00

2. James Crawford Honest I do (Omen) good R&B M- 20.00

3. Difosco- Sunshine love (Earthquake Demo) M- plays superbly, Carl Willingham spin 75.00 sold

4. George Freeman- Down and out (Valiant Demo, small X on label) EX plays M- 200

5. Connie Haines What's easy for one is hard for two (Canadian Tamla Motown) great mid-tempo, lovely on Canadian issue! M 40.00

6. Ja Need Henry - Love is what you make it/Baby boy (Blue Rock Demo),

WOL and labels marked. Vinyl VG++ plays perfectly 70.00

7. ZZ Hill No more doggin (Kent) R&B monster M 25.00

8. Johnny Howard- The chase is on (Bashie white Demo) one of the biggest records in the country, some very light marks, plays perfectly EX sold

9. Al Johnson Sittin' around/Soul time (Burt DJ promo) v slight storage warp, not affecting play. Seen for £200 and £150 in recent weeks. EX 100

10. Lyn Johnson- Wicked woman (My Time) monster R&B, seen for 350 EX 250.00

11. Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem/Already satisfied (Speed, slight label mark, great latin flavoured soul dancers on both sides) EX SOLD

12. Betty Turner- The winds kept laughing (Cresent Promo, record pluggers stamp and small number WOL) vinyl is M- and plays perfectly. Massive tune all over the soul world! M- sold

14. Dee Dee Sharp - Deep dark secret (Cameo issue) looks unplayed but

has some residue type storage marks. Plays M. Label has NR stamp on it. EX SOLD

15. The Spinners She's gonna love me at sundown (VIP issue) fantastic! M 30.00

16. Star-Treks- Gonna need magic (Veep demo) light label wear, vinyl is visually VG and covered in very fine marks but plays perfectly with no noise at all. I expect some dealer would call this E- or something. Anyway, fine for DJing or home listening, usually 150 in M, SOLD

17. Willie Tee- I want somebody (to show me the way back home) (Atlantic, DH) brill R&B 'X' on label M- 40.00

18. Tony & Lynn I'm hip to you baby (Blue Rock issue) very nice crossover duet Van McCoy prod M- 15.00

19. Gladys Tyler- Mr Green Mrs Green (Decca demo) another monster R&B tune. Some WOL on other side, and slight label mark. VG++ some light marks plays perfectly. Hard one to find! 150

20. The Unluv'd Ain't gonna do you no harm (True Love Demo) great northern oldie M 20.00

21. Little Tommy I walk on (ABC) light storage warp, not affecting play, VG+, plays fine seen for 150. Massive Mod/R&B room sound (not sure why!) 40.00

Reservations to: martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

Cheers

Martin

Edited by martint
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All US originals. Prices in UK sterling. Some major in-demanders in  this  short but sweet list so please read carefully. I am sending this to my e-mailing list first, and then posting it here and elsewhere. All reservations taken on a first come first served basis. (If you would like to be added to my e-mailing list, please PM or email me).

I will consider offers on any of the records if you don't like the price, but obviously I will sell to the first person offering the full price in cash, and reserve the right to decline your offer. Payments welcomed by cheque or registered cash or paypal. I will have to charge 4% on top of paypal payments to cover their fees.P&P is extra at sensible cost- UK is £1.50 for one record sent recorded first class, £5  for special delivery.  I will post worldwide. Thanks for looking!

Anything not selling will probably end up on www.record-dealer.com . reservations to:  martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

US originals for sale

---------------------

3. Difosco- Sunshine love (Earthquake Demo) M- plays superbly, Carl Willingham spin 75.00

4. George Freeman- Down and out (Valiant Demo, small X on label) EX plays M- 200

5. Connie Haines What's easy for one is hard for two (Canadian Tamla Motown) great mid-tempo, lovely on Canadian issue! M 40.00

8. Johnny Howard- The chase is on (Bashie white Demo) one of the biggest  records in the country, some very light marks, plays perfectly EX sold

9. Al Johnson Sittin' around/Soul time (Burt DJ promo) v slight storage warp, not affecting play. Seen for £200 and £150 in recent weeks. EX 100

11. Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem/Already satisfied (Speed, slight label mark, great latin flavoured soul dancers on both sides) EX 80.00

12. Betty Turner- The winds kept laughing (Cresent Promo, record pluggers stamp and small number WOL) vinyl is M- and plays perfectly. Massive tune all over the soul world! M- sold

16. Star-Treks- Gonna need magic (Veep demo) light label wear, vinyl is visually VG and covered in very fine marks but plays perfectly with no noise at all. I expect some dealer would call this E- or something. Anyway, fine for DJing or home listening, usually 150 in M, SOLD

17. Willie Tee- I want somebody (to show me the way back home) (Atlantic, DH) brill R&B 'X' on label M- 40.00

18. Tony & Lynn I'm hip to you baby (Blue Rock issue) very nice crossover duet Van McCoy prod M- 15.00

19. GLadys Tyler- Mr Green Mrs Green (Decca demo) another monster R&B tune. Some WOL on other side, and slight label mark. VG++ some light marks plays perfectly. Hard one to find! 150

20. The Unluv'd Ain't gonna do you no harm (True Love Demo) great northern oldie M 20.00

21. Little Tommy I walk on (ABC) light storage warp, not affecting play, VG+, plays fine seen for 150. Massive Mod/R&B room sound (not sure why!) 40.00

Reservations to:  martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

Cheers

Martin

link

thanks for all the responses so far, updated with sold items marked.

Martin

Social source share

All US originals. Prices in UK sterling. Some major in-demanders in  this  short but sweet list so please read carefully. I am sending this to my e-mailing list first, and then posting it here and elsewhere. All reservations taken on a first come first served basis. (If you would like to be added to my e-mailing list, please PM or email me).

I will consider offers on any of the records if you don't like the price, but obviously I will sell to the first person offering the full price in cash, and reserve the right to decline your offer. Payments welcomed by cheque or registered cash or paypal. I will have to charge 4% on top of paypal payments to cover their fees.P&P is extra at sensible cost- UK is £1.50 for one record sent recorded first class, £5  for special delivery.  I will post worldwide. Thanks for looking!

Anything not selling will probably end up on www.record-dealer.com . reservations to:  martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

US originals for sale

---------------------

3. Difosco- Sunshine love (Earthquake Demo) M- plays superbly, Carl Willingham spin 75.00 sold

8. Johnny Howard- The chase is on (Bashie white Demo) one of the biggest  records in the country, some very light marks, plays perfectly EX sold

11. Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem/Already satisfied (Speed, slight label mark, great latin flavoured soul dancers on both sides) EX SOLD

19. Gladys Tyler- Mr Green Mrs Green (Decca demo) another monster R&B tune. Some WOL on other side, and slight label mark. VG++ some light marks plays perfectly. Hard one to find! 150

Reservations to:  martinmthomson@yahoo.co.uk (note the M beteen the martin and thomson!)

Cheers

Martin

link

Final shout on these, I've added some mp3s of a few of the tracks by request.

cheers

Martin

PS Billy- Betty went for 600, and I could have sold it half a dozen times over before I marked it as 'sold'

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert