Killer 30 Second Intro

Guest Bicks

How about 'look on the good side' - Invitations , not timed it but its fairly lengthy - Best 70's intro - ever

M.

:thumbsup:

Would be hard to disagree with that Mark but another Invitations record that runs it close is "Living together is keeping us apart" the intro is Philly production at its best but ironically I think its because of its long intro no matter how good that has hindered it as a dancefloor winner cos after the intro Lew Kirton comes in on top form, great record, another great record but with the same problems as above The Four Flights "All I want is you" on Almeria.

Kev

Social source share

• Replies 85
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

)

Just say you're Wanted - Gwen Owens (Straight out stomper)

Agreed on Gwen Owens - I call it "let's not f**k about - this is how it is intro"

A few other tunes in that category off the top of my head :-

Sam & Kitty - I've Got Something Good"

Artistics - "Hope We Have"

Johnny Sayles - "I Can't Get Enough"

Earl Grant - "Hide Nor Hair"

International GTO's - " I Love My Baby"

Think the "excitement" in these tunes is overwhelming - how Northern Soul should be !!

Social source share

Terry Callier - I Don't Want To See Myself

Longest fookin intro ever!!!!!!!!!!!

I once heard this start at Cleethorpes, drove home to collect a forgotten item and made it back in time to dance to it! I live near Barnsley!

Not bad at all, but check out Aretha Franklin "Sunshine" for longest intro ever: see "wait for the beat" intros thread!!!

Mark

Social source share

prob doesnt make 30 seconds but ive always thought one of the best intros ever is the nomads-somethings bad, hard to beat in my opinion, also the soul set-will u ever learn and the intro to the other side of this is superb, blimey theres millions of soul records with brill intros, this thread could go on for a long time !!

Social source share

Number One intro for me & I'm not bothered if it is or isn't 30 second's long is, Frank Beverley - If that's what you wanted, it still give's me goose bump's when I hear that first note, same as it did in 1972. :lol:

Take care, be safe & remember, "I needn't tell ya how much I love ya",

Spot. :lol:

Social source share

prob doesnt make 30 seconds but ive always thought one of the best intros ever is the nomads-somethings bad, hard to beat in my opinion, also the soul set-will u ever learn and the intro to the other side of this is superb, blimey theres millions of soul records with brill intros, this thread could go on for a long time !!

You're right there are hundreds of drop-dead fantastic intros BUT not many of them make that 30 second mark (you'd be surprised how few).

At the moment Heatwave is taking the crown as a straight up no messing get right down to business intro, although even that clocks in at just 29 secs (but that's close enough for me).

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

Everybody's Going to a Love-In - Bob Brady & the Concords - awesome intro!

Jo

Heck, just saw that someone has already named it but only at 25 secs!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mezhouse
Social source share

Guest grahamt

Lend A Hand- Bobby Hutton about 40 seconds, and always like the earlier mentioned Four Below Zero- My Baby's Got ESP

Steve

both above + barbara pennington " i cant erase the thought,s of you" still sends shivers down my spine after 30+ years

Social source share

kev https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5GwZlnNmk

54 seconds but who cares brilliant

kev

:lol: I make that a 6 second intro.

OOPS...don't know how a totally different clip played the first time!

Now I see what you're getting at. Not exactly a "hairs on the back of the neck" intro, but bloody funny if you're dj'ing. Once set myself the challenge of both clearing and filling the floor with the same play. This worked a treat. :thumbsup:

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Don't know if this counts but Sky Sports have just played the opening 30 seconds of Johnny Moore's- Walk Like A Man referring to Harry Rednapp in the build up to the Tottenham v Portsmouth game. The game will never live up to the record!.

Steve

Yes and after the game there was Get Ready ---Temptations instrumental. presuming a Funk brothers outing . sounded pretty good.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Ivorys - Please stay..... brilliant intro..... also Constellations - I didn't know how to.......including a few lyrics in the intro :thumbsup: and Majestics - I love her so much it hurts :hypo:

pat powdrill - do it

jimmy raye - philly dog around the world

flaming emeralds - have some everybody

international gto's - i love my baby

not quite 30 secs but just love the intro to patti austin - you'd better know what youre getting into

Edited by grant
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert