Guest GST45

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anybody know what the tune was

Don't You Care - The Stairways (was the cover up)

link

the stairways - dont you care - richie - r66-3 , dont know if it was covered up as

anything else , vocal on one side , instrumental on the flip , very white , pop

sounding record , no idea of current value , anyone know ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest GST45

Was covered up as Dave Mitchell at Morecambe allnighters

link

thats where i would have heard it and the name has stuck with since then

cheers. anybody know where i can get me hands on it :-)

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Bloody hell!....three questions on this one in the same week wacko.gifblink.gif

I had it for years.....dont think it was ever booted....never played it out cos I thought it a hideous record and I think I gave it away with a few more out of my "Sh1t box" (we all have one of these dont we? )

Julian b.... was also asking the same question earlier in the week and Harry Crosby the same today.....no idea on price though mate.....just my luck if its worth a bundle :thumbsup:

Good luck with it though!

:D

Social source share

Greetings from the USA. I was the lead guitarist for the Stairways, joining the band shortly after "Don't You Care" was recorded in 1966. A guy named Dave Brown runs Funkadelic records in Philadelphia, and he has lots of Richie stuff. He's at Funkadelic.com. I've posted lots of background info on the band at:

https://www.kevin67.com/Remembering%20the%2...0Band%20Era.htm

I have a good-quality copy of "Don't You Care" b/w "Don't You Care" instrumental but it's not for sale. The song has been bootlegged and appears on at least two compilation CDs but I don't want to encourage piracy. If you want to hear the vocal, go to the above site and take another listen. It's a catchy tune, soulful in a white suburban way, but I always thought the song needed a middle eight.

A picture of the Stairways appears in the 1968 yearbook of Mt. Pleasant High School in suburban Wilmington, DE, USA. I will post a link shortly after I find my copy!

None of us in the band ever knew we were bootlegged or even collected and it's really a kick. So thanks, mates. By the way, we played on the same bill as the Enfields and the Castiles, Bruce Springsteen's first band.

Social source share

That URL didn't come out right, I don't know why. Try to get there from the main page:

- highlighting the Garage Band music of the 60's

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert