What Is The Average Age Of Northern Fans

Guest soulboy

Ha ha given me a good laugh, if only it wasn't true. You know it's time to exit stage left when you hear those immortal words " when I went to blah blah blah"

No drainpipe climbing with my sleep with one eye open Mother so perhaps I am just jealous. :):rolleyes::lol:

I now some guys out there are 60 and over and still going strong still spinning some vinyl and liking it

but I wished i was 16 again and relive it all again

Dendog

Social source share

• Replies 165
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wow ....we do have some quite young folks on the scene ...

Dont see that many out and about tho

I'm 45 (NOT 50 Dendog that you told everyone on my birthday in october! :) ) LOL

I'm still 17 on the inside still have all the energy I did way back then ..I look in the mirror and see an old wrinkley staring back at me.....keep giving myself a hell of a Shock! :rolleyes:

Social source share

I turned 30 in December. About an hour ago I noticed there's an empty bottle of mineral water on my desk at work and the "Best before" date is the same as my 30th birthday. I kid you not. :)

Seems like there are quite a few people on the scene(s) who were born in the late 70's. Soul music found me in the mid/late 90's when Northern Soul was having one of its peaks.

Social source share

I turned 30 in December. About an hour ago I noticed there's an empty bottle of mineral water on my desk at work and the "Best before" date is the same as my 30th birthday. I kid you not. :)

Seems like there are quite a few people on the scene(s) who were born in the late 70's. Soul music found me in the mid/late 90's when Northern Soul was having one of its peaks.

Tell you what Heikki,its a sign.

A sign that no-one cleans up your desk.I kid you not :rolleyes: .

Social source share

Wow ....we do have some quite young folks on the scene ...

Dont see that many out and about tho

I'm 45 (NOT 50 Dendog that you told everyone on my birthday in october! :lol: ) LOL

I'm still 17 on the inside still have all the energy I did way back then ..I look in the mirror and see an old wrinkley staring back at me.....keep giving myself a hell of a Shock! :lol:

My dear soul sister you are as young as you feel Red Nose put your age at 50

I said nay lad she doesn't look a day under 55, :lol: but we all love you at any age. You can still move about the dance floor as if you were only 16

i cracked another year last Tuesday 20th a very wornout chap, be wanting my bus pass next

Den

Edited by Dendog
Social source share

Guest soulboy

PURLY NONE SCIENTIFIC AND IF EVERONE WAS HONEST ID SAY LATE 40'S EARLY 50'S WAS ABOUT THE AVERAGE AGE ,THE YOUNGEST WAS 18 AND THE OLDEST 59 .THATS PUTS ME BANG ON MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT KINDA STUFF THE YOUNGER END ARE IN TO ,MAY BE A BIT MORE OPEN MINDED THAN US DINOSAUR'S BUT THATS ANOTHER TOPIC.

Social source share

PURLY NONE SCIENTIFIC AND IF EVERONE WAS HONEST ID SAY LATE 40'S EARLY 50'S WAS ABOUT THE AVERAGE AGE ,THE YOUNGEST WAS 18 AND THE OLDEST 59 .THATS PUTS ME BANG ON MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT KINDA STUFF THE YOUNGER END ARE IN TO ,MAY BE A BIT MORE OPEN MINDED THAN US DINOSAUR'S BUT THATS ANOTHER TOPIC.

No, we're not. :lol:

If we are younger, we have les time in the scene, and usually were hooked up by the 60s stuff and we haven't got tired of it, yet. I like a bit of crossover, but it's still the 60s material that does it for me.

Specially for me, as I'm thousands of miles away from all the big scenes. I'm kind of isolated, and soul-source is the only way to keep up with the current plays, etc...

Edited by Dante
Social source share

whey heey ! that makes me a young soulie then at 41,i didnt have to get into all this wen i was 14 then, cldve started today and id still be a young un, cheers buddy, made me day !! not sure i believe the oldest is only 59 though :lol:

Social source share

Guest bazrico

whey heey ! that makes me a young soulie then at 41,i didnt have to get into all this wen i was 14 then, cldve started today and id still be a young un, cheers buddy, made me day !! not sure i believe the oldest is only 59 though :lol:

Fook me when this thread started i was 59 and know i am 60 see you lot at winsford 7 th feb for the last allnighter there

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Fook me when this thread started i was 59 and know i am 60 see you lot at winsford 7 th feb for the last allnighter there

62 , started at the twisted wheel in 1963, like to get out twice a month,

this month done the twisted wheel sunday session, 100 club all nighter ,down to leamington spa tuesday for marlena shaw and then blackburn K G H on 31 st

will stop when i get up and out on the floor and then cant remember what i got up for

:no:

didnt they play a track for a guys 70th at Prestwich a few months back?

Social source share

45 still loving it. got my first taste in 1980 down south so nether went to any of the big name clubs up north didnt stop me from loving it. my boy is 18 in a couple of months he is showing a keen interest in the scene. probably the first boy who wishes he could dance like his dad lol biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

Though no one believes me i am actually eleven years old, i think my album will prove that point.

After spending all fri nite chatting to you m8 [enjoyable as it was] i belive you wink.gif .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert