What Is The Average Age Of Northern Fans

Guest soulboy

• Replies 165
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

48 in Feburary....teenie rebellion has given way to ageing eccentricities...in other words i havnt really changed and i dont intend too....stuff em.... :thumbsup: ...Delxxxxx

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

56 me, used to be able to dance all night now I struggle to do 2 in a row.

Used to be Green and Clears now its Seven Seas anti rheumatism tablets :thumbsup:

Social source share

36. Got into it via 2-tone & mod when at school, however, when friends drifted away got lost & didn't know where to get tunes. Mt wilderness years!! When I became a mature student at 27 & ceased working in London I returned to a little local record shop (Carmel's in Southend), met some people who turned me onto stuff and began learning wuth a bad vinyl habit to boot, continuing to this day.

Social source share

Hi Beeks, its our 20th Wedding Anniverary on Wednesday smile.gif

Wow...well congratulations to you both in advance...id have a drink to the next 20 years but I overdone it on the alcohol consumption last night so ill raise a mug of tea instead :lol:

Social source share

Wow...well congratulations to you both in advance...id have a drink to the next 20 years but I overdone it on the alcohol consumption last night so ill raise a mug of tea instead :lol:

stop trying to get brownie points after your last thread you creep laugh.gif .

Social source share

stop trying to get brownie points after your last thread you creep :lol: .

Thats not fair Kev...Dave was one of the first people I met on this scene...he still has the scars to prove it wink.gif

Social source share

I'm 41, and Justin's 36, but he's had a hard life :lol: . My first niter (apart from scooter rallies) was the 100 Club. I've still got my old membership card and judging by the completely fictitious date of birth on it I obviously pretended I was 3 years older, so I must have been 15 and it would have been 1982.

There are loads of us my age who came out of the mod revival and scooter scene, but I've always felt pretty young at most niters. It's quite comforting really. Mind you I always feel about 93 when I go to places like Southport.

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

i would say that reading the posts is pointing to the answer and and the nice round figure of 50

would not be far out for an average. i am 53 in 2 weeks and the large group i go niters with are all the same age

and do we care noooooooooo :shades: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :ohmy:

steve

Social source share

i would say that reading the posts is pointing to the answer and and the nice round figure of 50

would not be far out for an average. i am 53 in 2 weeks and the large group i go niters with are all the same age

and do we care noooooooooo :ohmy: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo biggrin.gif

steve

Oi! I texted you last night... keep up ffs! :shades:

Social source share

YOUR AS YOUNG AS THE WOMEN YOU FEEL... ( Wishfull thinking all the same ) Actualy 43....

No ........ You are as old as the vinyl you feel :shades: ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

YOUR AS YOUNG AS THE WOMEN YOU FEEL... ( Wishfull thinking all the same ) Actualy 43....

in that case this 40 year old stud is really only 26 cos thats how old my Marie is :shades:

Social source share

Guest soulboy

Just turned 20 and lucky enough to know a few other young soulies!

20 you have got to be joking come on whats the story mind you my 15 yearold likes Its Growing by THe contours and some ska so may be my record wont go in the bin when i go to that great dance floor in the sky ?

Social source share

I'm 39, turn 40 this July..... does it hurt? unsure.gif

Not at all ... :ohmy: ...if anything one feels strangley liberated....embrace 40 and stay naughty :shades: ....Delxxx

Social source share

Guest soulboy

first time ive ever wrote anything on here.57 and still having a great time.where would i be without my music and the soul scene as im single.sue liverpool

YOU DONT LOOK IT BABE ,X

Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

Does anyone on here get people getting their actual age completely wrong? I always get people getting my age sooooo wrong!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

whats the diffrence between rare and northern soul

northern soul...is like the world darts championships at frimley green.....bowling shirts wiv ya name on em,loadsa bling and big banners everywhere proclaiming NORVERN SOOUL. :unsure:

Rare soul is sorter the same music without the above tinsletown image. :huh:

Social source share

Very interesting...the ages so far have been relatively low compared to what I... for one... would have assumed...could it be that SS has an unusually young demographic compared to the scene in general? :unsure:

Well if its true that younger people generally have embraced and got into t'net and forum's like this then yep, it's not going to be possible to answer this question in this environment.

It is looking like its the majority of younger soulies who have got into this internet lark. (when I say younger, I mean 50 and under) Most of my soulie mates aren't on the net and I'm going to more and more 60th birthday parties so I think there is an older element who for whatever reason, aren't on here yet.

To answer the original question: I'm 32 and sean's 21 (as everyone probably knows) lol.

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

48 in Feburary....teenie rebellion has given way to ageing eccentricities...in other words i havnt really changed and i dont intend too....stuff em.... :unsure: ...Delxxxxx

You dont look a day over 30 :huh:

Social source share

Well if its true that younger people generally have embraced and got into t'net and forum's like this then yep, it's not going to be possible to answer this question in this environment.

It is looking like its the majority of younger soulies who have got into this internet lark. (when I say younger, I mean 50 and under) Most of my soulie mates aren't on the net and I'm going to more and more 60th birthday parties so I think there is an older element who for whatever reason, aren't on here yet.

To answer the original question: I'm 32 and sean's 21 (as everyone probably knows) lol.

Jayne.x

I reckon that's a good call Jayne, I'm 48 and always thought that was about average, and when I was in my 30's it felt as if I was at the younger end of the scale, but I have noticed with the birthdays shown daily on here, loads more younger than older, at a guess 70% younger than me, so maybe it is an internet thing, doesn't help when reading the birthdays though :unsure:

Pete E

Social source share

I reckon that's a good call Jayne, I'm 48 and always thought that was about average, and when I was in my 30's it felt as if I was at the younger end of the scale, but I have noticed with the birthdays shown daily on here, loads more younger than older, at a guess 70% younger than me, so maybe it is an internet thing, doesn't help when reading the birthdays though :huh:

Pete E

I wouldn't consider you average Pete. :unsure:

Actually, I've always thought of folks like you and Donna R as younger soulies. Funny how your own perception of your self often differs to that of those around you..

Jayne.x

Social source share

I wouldn't consider you average Pete. :wicked:

Actually, I've always thought of folks like you and Donna R as younger soulies. Funny how your own perception of your self often differs to that of those around you..

Jayne.x

:huh::D

Just back from Donna's, hope she reads this, :lol:

That's what I was trying to say Jayne, but this internet thing can throw ya, but till now I didn't consider that it was the internet, tended to look at the birthdays on here as a true indicator,

Feel a bit better now :unsure:

Pete E

Social source share

I will be 48 in june but know a lot of soulies both younger and older than myself through doing the door job at both the Hibs Club all-dayers and the Spiders Web soul nites. I think 50 would be about a fair average.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert