Ian Levine Productions And Songs

I'm glad you like it.

You may like this too.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

With the above track , and the classy Peter Lamarr and Gina Foster duet , how much longer are people going to deny that your productions do not have any merit and above all , credibility .........

Malc Burton

What can I say.... They still deny it and I still get frustrated.

Social source share

With the above track , and the classy Peter Lamarr and Gina Foster duet , how much longer are people going to deny that your productions do not have any merit and above all , credibility .........

Malc Burton

You know, I went onto MySpace and listened to those Kings Go Forth tracks, and I just cringed.

The total antithesis of every bit of music I have ever loved.

The most NON-Ian Levine stuff I have EVER heard.

What people forget is that I actually LIKE the music I write.

Social source share

Here's another from the same new album, Malc.

">
Social source share

hello malc,im with you mate i love the two tracks you mentioned plus the kitty "one step" track just posted by ian levine,not being sucky but keep up the good work mr levine!!!,and im an old mid 60s stomper type...

Wow - thankyou.

This specific new album, "Soul Steppers" is intentionally different to my usual work, and is much more aimed to fit in with the Modern Room sounds, than regular Northern, and has a much slower more classic soul vibe.

Social source share

You know, I went onto MySpace and listened to those Kings Go Forth tracks, and I just cringed.

Listened to them & to be honest they, in my opinion, are just a reworking of Delrays Inc, Jerry Washington, Delegates Of Soul, Elipsis etc.- that funk based uptempo soul which has been popular on the modern/x-over scene for the last twenty years. The title of a tune by Virgil Henry springs to mind. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Wow - thankyou.

This specific new album, "Soul Steppers" is intentionally different to my usual work, and is much more aimed to fit in with the Modern Room sounds, than regular Northern, and has a much slower more classic soul vibe.

Well Having listened to those tracks- This is why you have such a varied talent

These are excellent - they are well balanced -Not over the top and pretty lovely- definately for my buying list and I would have them on in the background to one of my dinner parties that I have had in the past- Excellent Ian

Marks out of ten - 9.5

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Dude I just listened to your stuff and its the most NON-KGF stuff I have ever heard. They all sound kinda like you knicked them from 'It's Raining Men'.

Social source share

Well Having listened to those tracks- This is why you have such a varied talent

These are excellent - they are well balanced -Not over the top and pretty lovely- definately for my buying list and I would have them on in the background to one of my dinner parties that I have had in the past- Excellent Ian

Marks out of ten - 9.5

I'm a bit confused. After what you said about Peter Lamarr's record, I assumed you hated all my stuff.

So you like the slower ones but not the faster ones....

Social source share

Dude I just listened to your stuff and its the most NON-KGF stuff I have ever heard. They all sound kinda like you knicked them from 'It's Raining Men'.

I'm crying with laughter.

Social source share

Guest sweet premium

They've bloody done it again, for the sixth time.

Now they've removed The Blossoms performing "That's When The Tears Start".

Well, at least they've got some taste.

From your youtube description:

"All the previous video effects done in the 1990s are gone forever, consigned to history."

I can't imagine how bad the videos were before you removed the "video effects"

Social source share

Now, this thread has gone on a while and I may have become a tad disorientated in it's scale - but - isn't it just a fantastic example of a thread that goes through the motions of one whereby the haters get the uneducated, poorly thought out shit off their backs in it's (the thread's) early stages to one where the true appreciation of the majority comes through, shiningly, of Ian's obvious love, passion and input in furthering his musical beliefs.

Mathematically this Levine thread tells all, all that are able to read between the lines that is, the truth about where 'Ian Levine' and his vision has led this scene.

Sorry to (mis)quote such a camp line from a Nighter classic Ian but I'm going to anyway mate as I think it sums you and your input up:

"Wave your hands to the crowd, you're the queen of the parade"

The Pages - 'Heartaches And Pain

You are mate.

Respect.

Social source share

I'm a bit confused. After what you said about Peter Lamarr's record, I assumed you hated all my stuff.

Not once did he say he hated your stuff Ian, he just tried to explain at length why he didn't like that particular track, you really should read more than the first line wink.gif

Social source share

Not once did he say he hated your stuff Ian, he just tried to explain at length why he didn't like that particular track, you really should read more than the first line

Yes Boss

Social source share

Well, at least they've got some taste.

From your youtube description:

"All the previous video effects done in the 1990s are gone forever, consigned to history."

I can't imagine how bad the videos were before you removed the "video effects"

Nine posts.....

Another wise reliable unbiased gent ??????

Social source share

No Ian I dont like the uptempo PL one because technically I dont think it is right as I highlighted in my previous posts.

But I love some of the uptempo ones you have done from the recent past Venicia Wilson, Four vandals etc because I thought musically it had all the ingredients and didnt sound layered etc (As Pete puts it)

If you have listened to Todd Rundgren you would definatley understand what I mean-Its probably a personal thing on my part about intensely listening to the different channels and the instrumentation .

Regards Steve

Social source share

No Ian I dont like the uptempo PL one because technically I dont think it is right as I highlighted in my previous posts.

But I love some of the uptempo ones you have done from the recent past Venicia Wilson, Four vandals etc because I thought musically it had all the ingredients and didnt sound layered etc (As Pete puts it)

If you have listened to Todd Rundgren you would definatley understand what I mean-Its probably a personal thing on my part about intensely listening to the different channels and the instrumentation .

Regards Steve

But Steve

For the Peter Lamarr record, I intentionally went back to all the same components we used on Venicia Wilson and rearranged them a bit and re-used them all. A bit like reassembling a jigsaw puzzle in a different order.

Social source share

But Steve

For the Peter Lamarr record, I intentionally went back to all the same components we used on Venicia Wilson and rearranged them a bit and re-used them all. A bit like reassembling a jigsaw puzzle in a different order.

Thyankyou - Yes I can understand that- I was trying to listen to both and see any comparisons. I think The Venicia Wilsons are better mixed then- Their are some volume issues then on the Peter Lamarr and it sounds as though some strands are missing and that makes the depth sound a bit Tinney whereas the Venicia Wilson's dont sound that way but sound very full if you get my drift. Could be just the way I hear it after all and ones hearing does get worse with age thats why we probably analyse the music more to make sure we dont miss anything!

Anyhow looking forward to seeing you in London at the Crossfire- I dont usuallly go to Oldies doos but because your spinning I definately will be there.Im gonna close my eyes when your on Ian & think Im back in the Highland room -I do hope you will play some classic late Mecca stuff including Rimshots etc

Regards Steve

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Thyankyou - Yes I can understand that- I was trying to listen to both and see any comparisons. I think The Venicia Wilsons are better mixed then- Their are some volume issues then on the Peter Lamarr and it sounds as though some strands are missing and that makes the depth sound a bit Tinney whereas the Venicia Wilson's dont sound that way but sound very full if you get my drift. Could be just the way I hear it after all and ones hearing does get worse with age thats why we probably analyse the music more to make sure we dont miss anything!

Anyhow looking forward to seeing you in London at the Crossfire- I dont usuallly go to Oldies doos but because your spinning I definately will be there.Im gonna close my eyes when your on Ian & think Im back in the Highland room -I do hope you will play some classic late Mecca stuff including Rimshots etc

Regards Steve

I'm playing The Charades and Sandi Sheldon type stuff.

Social source share

One man's meat is another man's poisson (fish)

Social source share

Ahh got it now. It's the lyrics. Reminds me of when Harrison Ford said to George Lucas "You can write this shit George, but you sure as hell can't say it"

Corny as feck

Funnily enough a lot of the lyrics for that particular song were written by Benjamin Barnes, who wrote it with me and sang the original unreleased version, which I always adored, hence remaking it.

Ben Barnes is now a very very famous actor - I know that's no guarantee of great lyrics, but I think they're truly special.

The darkest of nights must come to an end

The road straight ahead is just round the bend

On the journey of love

When the oceans are rough

And you think it's too tough

Ever to mend

Corny ????????????????

Social source share

Funnily enough a lot of the lyrics for that particular song were written by Benjamin Barnes, who wrote it with me and sang the original unreleased version, which I always adored, hence remaking it.

Ben Barnes is now a very very famous actor - I know that's no guarantee of great lyrics, but I think they're truly special.

The darkest of nights must come to an end

The road straight ahead is just round the bend

On the journey of love

When the oceans are rough

And you think it's too tough

Ever to mend

Corny ????????????????

Moon

June

Balloon

Peter Noone

see, I can write songs too!

Social source share

Guest posstot

Moon

June

Balloon

Peter Noone

see, I can write songs too!

prune, ALSO RHYMES...YET IS SPEALT DIFFERENTLY....now that's what i call writing!!

Social source share

prune, ALSO RHYMES...YET IS SPEALT DIFFERENTLY....now that's what i call writing!!

The love I saw in you was just a prune

I better get Smokey to rewrite this tune

Social source share

Hi Ian,

How would I know what a 4 vandalls original looks like?

Many thanks, sorry if this hasd been covered before.

P :ohmy:

It's on a pale blue Boardwalk label, and the label covers the full lip of the record, because they're proper American labels.

The fake ones have smaller UK sized labels, and if you look round the edge of the label, you can see it doesn't quite reach the lip of the vinyl before it slightly curves downwards.

Social source share

It's on a pale blue Boardwalk label, and the label covers the full lip of the record, because they're proper American labels.

The fake ones have smaller UK sized labels, and if you look round the edge of the label, you can see it doesn't quite reach the lip of the vinyl before it slightly curves downwards.

Thanks, mines a fake then!!

P :boxing:

Social source share

Thanks, mines a fake then!!

P :boxing:

Then I shall personally give you one of the couple of true originals that I still have, when I see you at the launch party for "SOUL STEPPERS". Or if not, then at Easter.

It would give me pride and pleasure.

Social source share

Wow, thats very kind of you. Thank you very much.

P :rolleyes:

It's the least I can do.

Can't get to the studio today to finish "Soul Steppers" - we're deeply snowed in.

Social source share

Then I shall personally give you one of the couple of true originals that I still have, when I see you at the launch party for "SOUL STEPPERS". Or if not, then at Easter.

It would give me pride and pleasure.

I may not be able to make the launch , so how do I stand for my / a copy of TFV ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I may not be able to make the launch , so how do I stand for my / a copy of TFV ?

Malc Burton

But I gave you a whole great pile of my CDs and DVDs, didn't I ????

I only have a couple of Four Vandal originals. You can have on on Goldmine if you like....

Social source share

But I gave you a whole great pile of my CDs and DVDs, didn't I ????

I only have a couple of Four Vandal originals. You can have on on Goldmine if you like....

Only joking my friend : my " request " was TIC . I do not want a copy ........

I was - and still am - sincerely grateful for your gesture with the CDs / DVDs .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Only joking my friend : my " request " was TIC . I do not want a copy ........

I was - and still am - sincerely grateful for your gesture with the CDs / DVDs .........

Malc Burton

You are always most welcome.

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

She has a very familar face, very familiar indeed, but I don't recognise her name. Has she ever done any solo work or been involved with other bands, or is she a long term background vocalist?

Cliff Richard Show?

Social source share

Hi Ian,

I'm new to these forums so apologies if this question has been asked before. You've had a varied musical career over the years and produced some great tunes but I was wondering if there was anything you look back upon and now regret getting involved in?

The obvious one that springs to mind is this I guess...

....but are there any others you now look back and cringe at ?

Cheers

Social source share