Ian Levine Productions And Songs

Are you sure, doesn't seem like it from where i'm sitting, just seems to be a constant stirrer who dis-regards other people who have already told him that we are interested in this thread without his snide comments spoiling it for us.

I'm just glad that he is down south and i'm never likely to meet him, because i don't think he would be added to my many friends on the soul scene.

gogs

I wish there were more people on Soul Source with your wonderful attitude, Gogs. You're a great guy.

Social source share

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thought I would get this thread back on topic and away from the "bitching".

So was wondering who wrote Candi Statons - Just when you think its safe.

Its one of Ians best productions in my view.

I know its on you tube and Ian has explained how it came about when he rerecorded a lot of Candis stuff. But still not sure if its an original, is it? If not who did it first?

thanks

Dave Banks

Social source share

thought I would get this thread back on topic and away from the "bitching".

So was wondering who wrote Candi Statons - Just when you think its safe.

Its one of Ians best productions in my view.

I know its on you tube and Ian has explained how it came about when he rerecorded a lot of Candis stuff. But still not sure if its an original, is it? If not who did it first?

thanks

Dave Banks

Clive Scott and I wrote it, for her, in 2002, and it is an original.

We had to use a different name for assorted legal reasons.

Social source share

Kids!

Just say no!

This brings about going to a sporadic Northern-ish night (Ska etc) at The Millstone in Newton-le-Willows about a year back and being that far gone that the lads played 'A Touch Of Velvet...' and the mement it went off I proceeded towards the decks and asked for...

'A Touch Of Velvet...'

To much hilarity from the lads.

As I said earlier...

'Arse'!

Social source share

Kids!

Just say no!

This brings about going to a sporadic Northern-ish night (Ska etc) at The Millstone in Newton-le-Willows about a year back and being that far gone that the lads played 'A Touch Of Velvet...' and the mement it went off I proceeded towards the decks and asked for...

'A Touch Of Velvet...'

To much hilarity from the lads.

As I said earlier...

'Arse'!

" ........ and A Sting Of Br - arse "

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc, thank 'God' you are hanging about when I am on here.

It's like being blind and deaf with no mates on here sometimes.

Not in my thread, it's not.

Social source share

Just a reminder of Laverta Lewis's last track, before I blow everyone out of the water with her new song, which is the opening track of "Soul Steppers", in another couple of weeks.

">
Social source share

I sincerely hope I can stay here in this thread without getting banned.

But if I do, it's been nice knowing you all.

I really have had it with the trolls, who get left in peace and allowed to spew out whatever verbal vomit they choose to.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Just a reminder of Laverta Lewis's last track, before I blow everyone out of the water with her new song, which is the opening track of "Soul Steppers", in another couple of weeks.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Here's another from the same new album, Malc.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

Stunning Ian,the backing track reminds me of Stormy by the Supremes..very nice indeed. Graham.

I can think of no greater record to be compared to - I never thought about it till now, but yes I can see what you mean.

Social source share

Something else to enjoy, while we're all freezing in the snow and ice

">

Social source share

I sincerely hope I can stay here in this thread without getting banned.

But if I do, it's been nice knowing you all.

I really have had it with the trolls, who get left in peace and allowed to spew out whatever verbal vomit they choose to.

Just carry on Like I've told you many of times , And I do think you have a enough support from on here , your still doing great recordings to this day , Don't forget to call me in the week .

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I really hope I get to hear this over a big sound system one day. I love it.

Jayne.x

Hey up Jayne. I agree, great tune.

It reminds me of this, the same bubbly percussion, punchy drums and spine tingling piano riffs. Banging production, you should get to essex if you want to hear this kind of stuff played out on big sound systems.

Just imagine how far this little number could have gone had it been graced with those horn stabs that Mr Levine has perfected.

"> Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Hey up Jayne. I agree, great tune.

It reminds me of this, the same bubbly percussion, punchy drums and spine tingling piano riffs. Banging production, you should get to essex if you want to hear this kind of stuff played out on big sound systems.

Just imagine how far this little number could have gone had it been graced with those horn stabs that Mr Levine has perfected.

">

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

You must see her/Flirtations live, she is a lovely person to meet too.

Might meet you at the launch?

P :lol:

Hi Paup-ine,

Hope so, I'm working on it!.

Jayne.x

Social source share

well, didn't remind me of it BUT great vid you posted up there. wasn't their best but it was good and I don't know if Ian did this one or not but I loved early TT and I can't wait until I see them in manchester on June 28th this year!.

Jayne.

(and no, I don't give a bu77er what anyone might think about me going to see them!)

Good for you, Jayne, good for you.

Music doesn't need justifying.

Not unless it's being played by small minded anarchists, who delude themselves into thinking they're special, and then will only play it in the first place if it's one some two bit label from Lafayette Louisiana, and was made by a blind one legged beggar in 1963 who could only afford to press three copies, but farted on two of those and broke them.

Social source share

Good for you, Jayne, good for you.

Music doesn't need justifying.

Not unless it's being played by small minded anarchists, who delude themselves into thinking they're special, and then will only play it in the first place if it's one some two bit label from Lafayette Louisiana, and was made by a blind one legged beggar in 1963 who could only afford to press three copies, but farted on two of those and broke them.

Time to step back, take a deep breath and count to ten again Ian....they're starting to get to you once more.....and relax.

Social source share

If you read back Steve you will see the only time I have responded is whenever Her Royal Highness has brought my name up.

As Mike said, Her Royal Highness should have apologised, not just to the poster he accused of being me, but to me also. And how many other soul-source members would get away with making physical threats against other members? How many final warnings can he be given?

Totally agree James. The 'Queen Of Fools' has a controlling 'An audience with Dame Edna' type of approach to his thread. And believe me it is HIS thread. He not only threatens people (I find that v funny though :thumbsup: ) he also wont answer questions about musicians etc who play on his efforts? Yet the thread says its for questions about his productions? What a joker! :yes:

Social source share

Totally agree James. The 'Queen Of Fools' has a controlling 'An audience with Dame Edna' type of approach to his thread. And believe me it is HIS thread. He not only threatens people (I find that v funny though :thumbsup: ) he also wont answer questions about musicians etc who play on his efforts? Yet the thread says its for questions about his productions? What a joker! :lol:

The very thought of Ian threatening anyone :yes:

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Time to step back, take a deep breath and count to ten again Ian....they're starting to get to you once more.....and relax.

Valium usually works well (under the supervision of a doctor, of course ) It does for me anyway.

Don't get mad, get horizontal and catch some ZZZs , man !

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

The very thought of Ian threatening anyone :yes:

Your obviously not aware of "Gavin" then Pete apparently he loves to meet people :thumbsup:

Rick

Oops sorry if im being a troll again. As for TT they are brilliant, as was Donny when i took the wife to see him in Liverpool!!!!!

Edited by Scarborosoul
Social source share

Your obviously not aware of "Gavin" then Pete apparently he loves to meet people :thumbsup:

Rick

Oops sorry if im being a troll again. As for TT they are brilliant, as was Donny when i took the wife to see him in Liverpool!!!!!

No I know Gavin Rick, but Gavin isn't Ian! Gavin's a really good bloke anyway, if you met him you'd agree I'm sure.

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

No I know Gavin Rick, but Gavin isn't Ian! Gavin's a really good bloke anyway, if you met him you'd agree I'm sure.

Your proberbly right Pete im just going by what ive been told and the vailed threat that came up in the thread. If im wrong then i would hold my hands up and say so.

Rick

Social source share

Pete,

A few years ago when Ian & myself had a fall out Gavin went straight onto ebay & purchased a Northern record from me. I didn't know who he was at the time, we had never met. I sent the record recorded. Next thing is without any warning he left me a negative feedback. In this negative feedback he called me a "A thief", "A liar", etc. claims I'd sent a punk rock record instead of the Northern record he'd won huh.gif It took a long time, but eventually ebay removed the feedback due to its malicious content. Ian has since told me he knew nothing of this, that may well of been the case. I'm sure it was just a simple case of Gavin thinking he was helping his friend. Such a shame he did it as it certainly caused me problems through people reading it, I was dependant on ebay at the time for my living sad.gif

Regards,

Ady

Social source share

Pete,

A few years ago when Ian & myself had a fall out Gavin went straight onto ebay & purchased a Northern record from me. I didn't know who he was at the time, we had never met. I sent the record recorded. Next thing is without any warning he left me a negative feedback. In this negative feedback he called me a "A thief", "A liar", etc. claims I'd sent a punk rock record instead of the Northern record he'd won huh.gif It took a long time, but eventually ebay removed the feedback due to its malicious content. Ian has since told me he knew nothing of this, that may well of been the case. I'm sure it was just a simple case of Gavin thinking he was helping his friend. Such a shame he did it as it certainly caused me problems through people reading it, I was dependant on ebay at the time for my living sad.gif

Regards,

Ady

That doesn't really have any bearing on my opinion of Gavin Ady.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Pete,

Regards,

Ady

Gavin is a law unto himself, and as he's banned form Soul Source, he can't come on here and explain himself.

And there are always two sides to a story. You yourself, Ady, sold me a record for £500 that I couldn't even get £150 for, and everyone laughed when they found out what you'd charged for it.

And remember that record on Brut that you wanted £1000 for ???

Not getting at you, just making you stop and think.

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

Gavin is a law unto himself, and as he's banned form Soul Source, he can't come on here and explain himself.

As Ive said it is only what i have learned from other sources and IL has already said he is his "GUARDIAN ANGEL" there is obviously a reason he is banned. Would nyone like to elaborate??? Mr LEVINE???

Rick

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I didn't mean you couldn't, I just don't imagine you threatening anyone

Try reading through all his threads, Pete. He's done it enough times!

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Any chance of a Mecca thread Ian ?

It would be better than all this bullshit , I never went there so I would like to hear about it .

thumbsup.gif

How did it start ? what was on yours and Colins playists ? cover up names and your best discoveries ?

Social source share

Any chance of a Mecca thread Ian ?

It would be better than all this bullshit , I never went there so I would like to hear about it .

thumbsup.gif

How did it start ? what was on yours and Colins playists ? cover up names and your best discoveries ?

Why don't you start one Leigh? thumbsup.gif

Social source share

And there are always two sides to a story. You yourself, Ady, sold me a record for £500 that I couldn't even get £150 for, and everyone laughed when they found out what you'd charged for it.

And remember that record on Brut that you wanted £1000 for ???

Not getting at you, just making you stop and think.

Hi Ian,

Just to refresh your memory & to clarify what you have stated. I never "sold" you a record to the value of £500. You would give me part payment in money, the balance was given to me in copies of Danny Leake, Vanicia Wilson, & new releases. I have all our transactions written down. It was never a full monetary deal.

??? Yes, I remember the "Brut" record very well. It was Buddy Smith on Brute, at THAT time a 3/4 known copy record. I said you could have it for a £1000. You left it, I traded it at that same venue & night to a value of £2000.

Not moaning, just wanted to clarify what you have stated.

Nice to see you dj'ing again Ian. I'm sure it won't be long before you're bitten by the collecting bug again. You were very passionate about collecting 60's & 70's vinyl back then, perhaps you will be again one day.

Regards,

Ady.

Social source share

Back on topic,i thought it would be good to hear what Ian thought of Simons productions and whether it fitted in with Ians idea of N'soul.

It is well documented that the reason that I started producing records was because of my unmitigated abhorrence of them.

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Charming.

Love you too......

Ian you edited my post to make it look like another pop at you !!! the original post is above for all to see.

Social source share

Ian you edited my post to make it look like another pop at you !!! the original post is above for all to see.

No, Leigh, I edited it to show just the bit I was replying to. It's internet etiquette.

Social source share

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick here Ian.

I read the 'bullshit" comment as a reference to all the sniping going on from your fave posters.

And Leigh was effectively asking for the thread to get back on track.

That was my take on the post anyway.

No, Leigh, I edited it to show just the bit I was replying to. It's internet etiquette.
Social source share

Guest Leigh J

I read the 'bullshit" comment as a reference to all the sniping going on from your fave posters.

Spot On

Social source share

Then I was wrong and I apologise.

Nice people are always worth apologising to.

Social source share

No probs :thumbsup: , So how about this Mecca thread then ?

Yes, I would love to see a playlist. Never went to the mecca, but I have loads of 70s soul/disco type records and would love to see if they were played there. (and yes some of the good tracks are marked 'disco' on the sleeves).

P :D

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share