• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

open message to

ian levine, james trouble, paul sadot, scarborough soul

now at the stage where all 4 of you are now damaging this site

the amount of time and effort that have been spending on this is having a knock on effect on the site

have tried to get it to a place where all concerned can carry on using this site and its features within the terms of use

however so far it has failed

all 4 of you have recently broke the terms of use which you all agreed to follow

see below

all 4 of you are now on moderation

all your posts have to be approved by one of the mod team before being posted on the site

apart from a delay in your posts appearing this should not affect your use of site if all posts follow the house rules

this will be for a intial 24 hour period to start off with

during this 24 hour period mod team will look at the whole situation

house rules

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/soul-article-...rum-house-rules

Social source share

As promised, here's the trailer.

Seven long months in the making, and I'm exceptionally proud of it.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Having finally finished this album, that took seemingly forever, and was held up at the end because I was so determined to get a brand new Ebony Alleyne track on it, and she's studying to be a barrister at the moment, I want to state how very very proud I am of it.

I welcome fair and constructive thoughts and reviews of the trailer, and I hope you like it.

I liked hearing snippets of the tracks altogether, I'm sure they'll be more than a few special gems on here. I'm curious as to which will be the ones that have the most impact on modern room dancefloors.

I couldn't keep up with Kev's spiel though, felt like he was cramming in too much text and I found myself not listening or keeping up with what he was saying. I'm used to Kev's voice with shorter more repetitive messages I think but the music really spoke for itself, I'm more excited about hearing this, than I have been about new stuff in a while.

Jayne.x

Social source share

I liked hearing snippets of the tracks altogether, I'm sure they'll be more than a few special gems on here. I'm curious as to which will be the ones that have the most impact on modern room dancefloors.

I couldn't keep up with Kev's spiel though, felt like he was cramming in too much text and I found myself not listening or keeping up with what he was saying. I'm used to Kev's voice with shorter more repetitive messages I think but the music really spoke for itself, I'm more excited about hearing this, than I have been about new stuff in a while.

Jayne.x

Thank you Jayne.

When I read comments like this, is makes me glad we stayed up late so many nights trying to finish it.

More work goes into these projects than you can imagine, and without the support that we get from people like you, it would be a hard and bitter road, but you make it a joyful one.

Social source share

open message to

ian levine, james trouble, paul sadot, scarborough soul

now at the stage where all 4 of you are now damaging this site

the amount of time and effort that have been spending on this is having a knock on effect on the site

have tried to get it to a place where all concerned can carry on using this site and its features within the terms of use

however so far it has failed

all 4 of you have recently broke the terms of use which you all agreed to follow

see below

all 4 of you are now on moderation

all your posts have to be approved by one of the mod team before being posted on the site

apart from a delay in your posts appearing this should not affect your use of site if all posts follow the house rules

this will be for a intial 24 hour period to start off with

during this 24 hour period mod team will look at the whole situation

house rules

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/soul-article-...rum-house-rules

all abusive and off topic posts have been remobed

both in this thread and in feedback!

the 24 hr period should lift automatically

all 4 members have been pm'd the below message

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/message...00#entry1000000

Social source share

Nice work Ian, just about as good as anything I've heard from you.

Roger

Thankyou.

That's my thoughts too.

I took longer and removed a couple of tracks from the CD that I was unhappy with, until I could proudly say that all 24 songs on the CD were winners.

Ralph Tee thought Ebony's new song was outstanding.

Watch this one, by Davinah Edwards, and listen to my lyrics - I'm exceptionally proud of this. It's about how Sam Cooke said a change was gonna come, how Martin luther King had a dream, and about how now the USA has an african-american president.

"> Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Having finally finished this album, that took seemingly forever, and was held up at the end because I was so determined to get a brand new Ebony Alleyne track on it, and she's studying to be a barrister at the moment, I want to state how very very proud I am of it.

I welcome fair and constructive thoughts and reviews of the trailer, and I hope you like it.

Hi Ian Sounds good to me & I'll Buy it.

Daryl

www.hullsoulclub.org.uk

Social source share

Thankyou.

That's my thoughts too.

I took longer and removed a couple of tracks from the CD that I was unhappy with, until I could proudly say that all 24 songs on the CD were winners.

Ralph Tee thought Ebony's new song was outstanding.

Watch this one, by Davinah Edwards, and listen to my lyrics - I'm exceptionally proud of this. It's about how Sam Cooke said a change was gonna come, how Martin luther King had a dream, and about how now the USA has an african-american president.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The line in the song says it all - " just look how far we have come "

You should be proud my friend : it is a very , very good song ........

Malc Burton

Thankyou

You'll be even prouder when you read the thank you credits in the booklet. So will Pauline.

Social source share

The line in the song says it all - " just look how far we have come "

You should be proud my friend : it is a very , very good song ........

Malc Burton

When I was growing up

We never had much luck

They tried to pass the buck

They said a change was gonna come

And we were ready for it

One man, he had a dream

And though the times were lean

So many years in between

That change has finally begun

And now I can't ignore it

Just look how far we have come

And it seems like we've only begun

Just look what we can achieve

If you really truly believe

We've been a long time coming out of the shadows

Freedom's running out of the shadows

Life is stunning out of the shadows

We lived to see the promise

Free At Last

Free At Last

Social source share

Ooh, can't wait!!

P :thumbsup:

Just two weeks to wait.

We're trying to find a venue for the launch party on March 3rd, but we can't get the Ion Bar so I'm frantically looking for the right place.

Social source share

Just two weeks to wait.

We're trying to find a venue for the launch party on March 3rd, but we can't get the Ion Bar so I'm frantically looking for the right place.

Anyone got any ideas in London, who'd host a Monday night launch with a stage and mikes and DJ equipment, for three to four hundred people ???

Social source share

Fabric is free on a monday, well used to be. Used it a few times for commercial things when I worked in london, great venue.

Whereabouts is it and do you think they'd be interested ???

Please give me details, Dave.

Social source share

Whereabouts is it and do you think they'd be interested ???

Please give me details, Dave.

In Smithfields, it's one of what was know as the super clubs. The club is down underground it the old cellars that used to be used by the meat market. It has three rooms plus a chill out bar and most amazing sound system, one room with a stage. You don't need to book all the rooms, you could just use the room with a stage, which has a balcony and the bar area.

Heres a link

https://www.fabriclondon.com/

Social source share

In Smithfields, it's one of what was know as the super clubs. The club is down underground it the old cellars that used to be used by the meat market. It has three rooms plus a chill out bar and most amazing sound system, one room with a stage. You don't need to book all the rooms, you could just use the room with a stage, which has a balcony and the bar area.

Heres a link

https://www.fabriclondon.com/

Not sure where Smithfields is.

But I really appreciate your help. I need to launch this new album with a special night.

Social source share

I can offer you a venue, only takes 120 person though, got a stage, dance floor, bar -- but its in Wales!!

P smile.gif

Ohhhhhh bless.

if I don't find somewhere soon I might have to accept your offer. The problem would be getting twenty artists there to do their songs.

Social source share

Going away from the recent stuff, and back to the Detroit classics filmed for SWONS and re-edited for Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers, here's Diane Lewis, singing her amazing unreleased Revilot classic, "Keep A Hold On Me", that never saw the light of day till Goldmine found it in the 1990s.

">
Social source share

Going away from the recent stuff, and back to the Detroit classics filmed for SWONS and re-edited for Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers, here's Diane Lewis, singing her amazing unreleased Revilot classic, "Keep A Hold On Me", that never saw the light of day till Goldmine found it in the 1990s.

">

Social source share

Rosetta Hightower's first new recording for a mindblowing THIRTY YEARS

">

Social source share

My super duper 300 records for £300 thread has plummeted away out of sight. It was in the sales section, but Mike Hughes has now reorganised the running order.

I do actually understand and totally realise why Mike has changed the sales thread, so that people who have just five records to sell don't stay bumped at the top, but it's most unfortunate for me and these soul packs, because I have eighty thousand records, everyone has STILL been delighted so far, and now the thread is almost down to page three purely because of its start date.

Well - no use me complaining - it'll just become a case of "Oh no, not Levine again", but it does seem like I'm the one person to be hit unfairly by this, especially as they all cost me more than I'm selling them for, and I'm busting my balls to make sure everybody goes away happy.

Anyway, hopefully Paul Mischief will post up a review on there, once he picks up his records today.

But you know, sometimes, when it comes to Soul Source, I just can't help but be left with a sinking feeling of, no matter what I do, no matter what I try, "I just can't win".

Social source share

My super duper 300 records for £300 thread has plummeted away out of sight. It was in the sales section, but Mike Hughes has now reorganised the running order.

I do actually understand and totally realise why Mike has changed the sales thread, so that people who have just five records to sell don't stay bumped at the top, but it's most unfortunate for me and these soul packs, because I have eighty thousand records, everyone has STILL been delighted so far, and now the thread is almost down to page three purely because of its start date.

Well - no use me complaining - it'll just become a case of "Oh no, not Levine again", but it does seem like I'm the one person to be hit unfairly by this, especially as they all cost me more than I'm selling them for, and I'm busting my balls to make sure everybody goes away happy.

Anyway, hopefully Paul Mischief will post up a review on there, once he picks up his records today.

But you know, sometimes, when it comes to Soul Source, I just can't help but be left with a sinking feeling of, no matter what I do, no matter what I try, "I just can't win".

Ian -

Voices With Soul " From Now On " - is there a longer / extended cut ?

For those who do not know this fabulous track , here it is ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

Anyone got any ideas in London, who'd host a Monday night launch with a stage and mikes and DJ equipment, for three to four hundred people ???

try Cargo, which is off of Shoreditch High Street. It holds 500 total, has a stage and they can shut a bit off so takes 350.

https://www.cargo-london.com/

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Are they normally open or closed on a Monday night ???

Pretty certain they are open all week, should be fairly easy to deal with.. Monday night ! They will be well keen..

Social source share

Pretty certain they are open all week, should be fairly easy to deal with.. Monday night ! They will be well keen..

Do you know them ??

And do they have a stage and mikes ??

I'm just panicking a bit because the album is released a week tomorrow, so if we launch it with a party the week later, on Monday 3rd March, with about twenty acts singing, we daren't leave it any later than that.

It would be such a shame as all the other launch nights have been so popular. the last one had over 300 in, but still the Ion Bar turned awkward.

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

Are they normally open or closed on a Monday night ???

If you look at the link they give you hire options (including the full venue), so I'd be incredibly surprised if youy couldn't get it on a Monday, regardless of whether they regularly open then or not.

They've got a stage- not sure about microphones and equipment, but I would have thought so.

Social source share

Hi Ian , please excuse me if this subject is elsewhere in this extensive thread ...

I think Carol Woods 'heading down fools road' (20th Century) is one of your productions ?

Love this one , Carol's distinctive and up front vocals beautifully contrast with the backing/arrangement .

Did you record anything else with Carol ?

cheers

Andy

Social source share

Hi Ian , please excuse me if this subject is elsewhere in this extensive thread ...

I think Carol Woods 'heading down fools road' (20th Century) is one of your productions ?

Love this one , Carol's distinctive and up front vocals beautifully contrast with the backing/arrangement .

Did you record anything else with Carol ?

cheers

Andy

Yes Andy.

She's now a major broadway star, and sang for Obama at his inauguration ball.

I made four songs with her. I'm about to remix "Never Satisfied", which was originally more Disco in style, and make it sound like classic Northern, for the upcoming three CD set of my classics, called "Running In Another Direction". Three of these songs are going to be on that forthcoming album, and "I'm In Wonderland" is currently available on "Reaching For The Very Best" triple CD, and if you look here, on Amazon, you'll see they even have a copy of the whole triple CD set for less than nine quid, and that's for seventy songs. No wonder we're all broke !!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaching-Very-Best...4229&sr=1-1

1975 - HEADING DOWN FOOLS ROAD

1975 - YOUR FACE KEEPS HAUNTING ME

1976 - I'M IN WONDERLAND

1987 - NEVER SATISFIED

Social source share

Yes Andy.

She's now a major broadway star, and sang for Obama at his inauguration ball.

I made four songs with her. I'm about to remix "Never Satisfied", which was originally more Disco in style, and make it sound like classic Northern, for the upcoming three CD set of my classics, called "Running In Another Direction". Three of these songs are going to be on that forthcoming album, and "I'm In Wonderland" is currently available on "Reaching For The Very Best" triple CD, and if you look here, on Amazon, you'll see they even have a copy of the whole triple CD set for less than nine quid, and that's for seventy songs. No wonder we're all broke !!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaching-Very-Best...4229&sr=1-1

1975 - HEADING DOWN FOOLS ROAD

1975 - YOUR FACE KEEPS HAUNTING ME

1976 - I'M IN WONDERLAND

1987 - NEVER SATISFIED

thanks Ian , i'll keep an eye out for 'never satisfied' remix - hopefully it will be available on vinyl ?
Social source share

thanks Ian , i'll keep an eye out for 'never satisfied' remix - hopefully it will be available on vinyl ?

No, but I still have a spare seven inch of the original issue on Nightmare. And believe me, THAT'S rare.

Social source share

love it great , what does it remind me of please, like your new album too

Diane Lewis "Keep A Hold On Me" was recorded in 1967 and was scheduled to be a single on Revilot.

It never came out for some reason, and Kev Roberts found the master tapes in the 1990s, and he and Tim Brown released it here in England on Goldmine. I used to have a copy but it's really scarce now - people never realised how rare those UK pressings could become.

By 1998 there was such a buzz on it, that her sister Pat Lewis saw it played in Northern Soul clubs over here, and told Diane about this unreleased record of hers being played thirty years later, and then Diane was grateful for the chance to film it for The Strange World Of Northern Soul.

Social source share

Diane Lewis "Keep A Hold On Me" was recorded in 1967 and was scheduled to be a single on Revilot.

It never came out for some reason, and Kev Roberts found the master tapes in the 1990s, and he and Tim Brown released it here in England on Goldmine. I used to have a copy but it's really scarce now - people never realised how rare those UK pressings could become.

By 1998 there was such a buzz on it, that her sister Pat Lewis saw it played in Northern Soul clubs over here, and told Diane about this unreleased record of hers being played thirty years later, and then Diane was grateful for the chance to film it for The Strange World Of Northern Soul.

copy here Ian https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIANE-LEWIS-KEEP-A-H...A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share