This Q May Arse A Few Off

Guest Soultown andy

never give up on a good thing,longs as it keeps u happy cheers Geogre benson,ps happy new year my flower.

And all the best to you as well billy my m8 :thumbsup: ,i like you am going to go and get ready to go out and spend the nite at a soul venue instead of reading about it wink.gif .

Social source share

• Replies 116
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

why do blokes in their 50's need to do all-nighters?

Paul, I am amazed how many hits you have had on this subject. Wishing you a Happy and Mellow New Year. Enjoy your music (whatever form it takes) we never know how many summers we have left on this beautiful planet, so enjoy, see you soon xx

Social source share

Would have thought your avatar might have been a little clue Tony :(

As for the term Mod ain't it just an abbreviation of Modern so if a Mod is going to listen to RnB should it not be 2009 RnB & not something as old as their parents ohmy.gif

Mods from Manc & the big Smoke - Who was the King of the Mods? Peter Stringfellow from Sheffield before he moved down South to make his millions. Remember the Mojo?

Back on topic.

Why do blokes in their 50's still go to nighters?

Same reason as blokes in their 50's go fishing & play golf.

To get away from her indoors for a few hours :thumbsup:laugh.gif

'scuse me but some of us take err indoors with us biggrin.gif

know loads that do :lol:

ps,will be 55 this November and my claim to fame was that at the age of sixteen/seventeen had worked the summer to save enough to get the train to Manc and get into the wheel,well it got busted and closed down the week b4 :)

Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Does the term r&b mean the stuff that would never have got any plays in any decent venue , cause basically its crap :thumbsup:

and is it usually played by 2nd rate djs who either have no taste ,knowledge or access to decent soul music.

YES ph34r.gif

Social source share

spare a thought for the 50+ bloke who wants to be 15 again who has a wife at home who hates the fcuking music and most of the twats connected to it wink.gif

I took my Mrs to a soul night 2 years ago to convince her it could be a cracking night out.

1.I had some lass come up to me and suggest that I was a wanker on soul source, "whos she Paul?"

2. I had a bloke come up to me who must have been 55, had a vest on with a Wigan badge in the middle and a beer mat tcuked in his belt who suggested he knew us both from way back when whilst doing he very best to look blocked to fukk..."whos he Paul?"

3.I then had a bloke ask me what was the title of a record I played at wherever 6 months earlier, he even hummed the fooker...." did you know the record Paul?"

4. I then had someone I know from a few years ago ask my wife if WE wanted any gear, my wife then asked if she could return home and watch The Sound of Music.....

I have tried guys, honest but sometimes its a major problem getting out :thumbsup:

Social source share

spare a thought for the 50+ bloke who wants to be 15 again who has a wife at home who hates the fcuking music and most of the twats connected to it wink.gif

I took my Mrs to a soul night 2 years ago to convince her it could be a cracking night out.

1.I had some lass come up to me and suggest that I was a wanker on soul source, "whos she Paul?"

2. I had a bloke come up to me who must have been 55, had a vest on with a Wigan badge in the middle and a beer mat tcuked in his belt who suggested he knew us both from way back when whilst doing he very best to look blocked to fukk..."whos he Paul?"

3.I then had a bloke ask me what was the title of a record I played at wherever 6 months earlier, he even hummed the fooker...." did you know the record Paul?"

4. I then had someone I know from a few years ago ask my wife if WE wanted any gear, my wife then asked if she could return home and watch The Sound of Music.....

I have tried guys, honest but sometimes its a major problem getting out :thumbsup:

just a wild guess ... was the bloke who hummed the tune Tennessee Ernie Ford by any chance tongue.gif

Social source share

Beeks why aren't you out!! Why aren't I out??? Still feeling a bit rough!

I was DJing till late then back to a party which turned into a 6am job...very messy...and i'm now lounging around in my jim jams feeling sorry for myself :lol:

Social source share

I have tried guys, honest but sometimes its a major problem getting out :lol:

sounds like the first 5 minutes of most of my nights out.

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

spare a thought for the 50+ bloke who wants to be 15 again who has a wife at home who hates the fcuking music and most of the twats connected to it :ohmy:

I have tried guys, honest but sometimes its a major problem getting out :shades:

You go to the wrong venues wink.gif .

Social source share

You go to the wrong venues . :shades:

Ive come to the conclusion after disecting this thread Andy that I need to do all-nighters instead of these poxy soul-nights then I we wouldn't have our evenings ruined by these deranged individuals. :ohmy:

So thank you everybody for your answers I'm back on the right track..topic now closed.

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share