This Q May Arse A Few Off

• Replies 116
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest gordon russell

same reason blokes in their 50's will drive 3 hours to dj somewhere,somewhere l might add that they would never bother with in the normal course of things :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

another reason is that generally you'll hear fook all worth hearing at most soul nights....especially south of manchester :lol: .Or to be more precise...PETERBOROUGH and NORTHANTS :thumbsup:

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

why do blokes in their 50's need to do all-nighters?

That made me laugh out loud :lol:

On a serious note though...I think it is testement to the music that folks who should know better are still going out dancing in sweaty environments until 'stupid o'clock' well into their old age...how many music scenes can boast about that? It is without doubt a Unique scene in that respect and long may it continue :thumbsup:

Social source share

i dont need to i do cus i love doing it is there a difference and im just aproaching 49 so nowt to do with me yet is it

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Because they can, & rightly so, if this is the cut off age I've only 2 years left, in some cases good job they do otherwise there'd be hardly anyone there....Northern Soul Ageism...now there's a first.....lol

KTF

Baz

Social source share

I'll tell you what I have noticed having ventured both North and South is that i'm pretty sure the average age of Allnighter crowd seems a lot older Oop North than it does Daan Saath...any particular reason for this? :thumbsup:

Social source share

another reason is that generally you'll hear fook all worth hearing at most soul nights....especially south of manchester :P .Or to be more precise...PETERBOROUGH and NORTHANTS :D

:lol: Glad you put the "generally" disclaimer in Mr D.....am sure Andy Dyson and the Silks promoters would have loved that comment otherwise! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

I'll tell you what I have noticed having ventured both North and South is that i'm pretty sure the average age of Allnighter crowd seems a lot older Oop North than it does Daan Saath...any particular reason for this? :D

coz oop norf wen we git to forte we BECOME DED ARD oop norf and daan sowf yr got all them suvern ponces init. :thumbsup::lol:

Rick

Social source share

I'll tell you what I have noticed having ventured both North and South is that i'm pretty sure the average age of Allnighter crowd seems a lot older Oop North than it does Daan Saath...any particular reason for this? :thumbsup:

If anybody tells up Oop North we're of fashion , we do it more :lol: .

Before you know it,all-niters will become the "in" thing to do.

Maybe even Young Southerners might like it,throw a bit of Funk in there and Bob's your Auntie.

Or has this been done already?

Paul D......you are a nuisance :D .

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

PAUL

Stop it your giving me a complex, im 50 in March and im doinf it coz I love it. But now when im out im gonna be paranoid and think all the youngsters are staring...........or is that just the drugs???? and if I doo see side show Bob then I know I have serious problems!!

Rick

Edited by Scarborosoul
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

sleep3.gif Glad you put the "generally" disclaimer in Mr D.....am sure Andy Dyson and the Silks promoters would have loved that comment otherwise! :)

YEH WELL,.....cliff and co know the score.....they also know i'm right.You don't think paul is not being mischieveous when he asks a question he's asked before.He goes nowhere unless he dj's and it irks with him that his home town don't hold him in high esteem on this scene.People go to all nighters at 50 + cause they want too and because they still have something about them...you know a bit of get up and go "l ain't dead yet attitude". IT'S NOT AS PAUL SAYS....FEEL THE NEED...it's because they WANT TOO....want and need are two different things wink.gifwink.gif

Social source share

I think in the USA or Jamaica it's quite normal to go out and dance when you're in your 50s. Obviously I don't mean stupid tango or foxtrott dancing..

It's great, the older people are much cooler anyway and have much more clue about the music. Without them it wouldn't be the same and quite rubbish. Just my opinion..props to the "older" folks :)

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Its a fookin challenge Paul can you do it? Going allnight without getting up for a piss has been a challenge for me since i was 40............that is what you meant by an allnighter isnt it?

Social source share

YEH WELL,.....cliff and co know the score.....they also know i'm right.You don't think paul is not being mischieveous when he asks a question he's asked before.He goes nowhere unless he dj's and it irks with him that his home town don't hold him in high esteem on this scene.People go to all nighters at 50 + cause they want too and because they still have something about them...you know a bit of get up and go "l ain't dead yet attitude". IT'S NOT AS PAUL SAYS....FEEL THE NEED...it's because they WANT TOO....want and need are two different things wink.gifwink.gif

fetch me some tissues I think I'm about to piss myslef laughing Terry...last two venues Ive been to have been the 100 club and the attic..was I djing, was I fook as like...good try. :)

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

I can answer in three words.

Tennessee Ernie Ford. [see other thread.]

Im 56 now. Been going since I was 18. There's been something seriously amiss for a few years now with real crap being played but Tennessee f**king Enie w**king Ford!!!

My mum liked that.

ROD

:) never fails to make me laugh.gif

What colour sleeve is yours in Rod????????

Edited by pete60
Social source share

I can answer in three words.

Tennessee Ernie Ford. [see other thread.]

Im 56 now. Been going since I was 18. There's been something seriously amiss for a few years now with real crap being played but Tennessee f**king Enie w**king Ford!!!

My mum liked that.

ROD

props to your mum then...pity her offspring didn't inherit her taste :)

Social source share

I'll take a wild guess it's the for the same reason that blokes in their 20's and 30's do it.............they enjoy it :)biggrin.gif . Not really a question that will become an issue for me for a long time ( tongue.gif ) but if you enjoy something then surely you keep doing it for as long as you possibly can....after all it's a short life and you're a long time dead.

Adam.

Social source share

I'll tell you what I have noticed having ventured both North and South is that i'm pretty sure the average age of Allnighter crowd seems a lot older Oop North than it does Daan Saath...any particular reason for this? :huh:

Quickly grabbing Tin Hat........................................

Because it's

NORTHERN SOUL

we was at it first!!!!

"What Manchester starts, the Rest of the World follows!!!"

Stir Sh*t??????????

Who??

Me??

Tony

Social source share

Yeah I kinda read this thread wrong as why DONT you go to allnighters in your 50's. I think D'arcy's argument threw me.

It's not Beeks fault. According to him some dj called Kid Mohair played the Ford 45.

Does anybody on here think TEF is in any way connected to Northern Soul. It's not even R&B but country/pop.

What next? "Big bad John" Instead of calling it the R&B room you could re-name it "Family Favourites" and send out requests to the BFPO Massive.

F**king Hell. No wonder I can't be arsed going anywhere and sitting through shit like that, soulful house, Beach music and all the other crap introduced by clueless wonders.

ROD

Social source share

Yeah I kinda read this thread wrong as why DONT you go to allnighters in your 50's. I think D'arcy's argument threw me.

It's not Beeks fault. According to him some dj called Kid Mohair played the Ford 45.

Does anybody on here think TEF is in any way connected to Northern Soul. It's not even R&B but country/pop.

What next? "Big bad John" Instead of calling it the R&B room you could re-name it "Family Favourites" and send out requests to the BFPO Massive.

F**king Hell. No wonder I can't be arsed going anywhere and sitting through shit like that, soulful house, Beach music and all the other crap introduced by clueless wonders.

ROD

Nah I don't think it particularly is R&B...but I know for sure the R&B crowd like it...me included...it got a good dancefloor reaction when he played it regardless...and I can see why he played it too...it slots in nicely with the genre IMO...genuinely linked...so you can't throw it in there with Soulful House because pardon my french but that's just bollocks... :huh:

Social source share

Nah I don't think it particularly is R&B...but I know for sure the R&B crowd like it...me included...it got a good dancefloor reaction when he played it regardless...and I can see why he played it too...it slots in nicely with the genre IMO...genuinely linked...so you can't throw it in there with Soulful House because pardon my french but that's just bollocks... :huh:

Of course it fitted into genre masquerading as R&B cos most of that's pop/rock'n'roll. I don't think the crowd would know a real R&B record if it came in, introduced itself, lifted up it's skirt and sat on their faces!!!

As a bit of a closet TEF fan I suggest you search out "Catfish Boogie". Now that does have some small link to 50's R&B in that it swings.

ROD

Social source share

FFSake Paul what is up with you.Apart from coming from Peterborough that is!!!!! You really have a bee in your bonnet about this cause you do seem to be off on one a lot lately.Leave the winding up to Soulful Bob Darcy.

Cheers

Trev

From Gods own County and TOWN Northampton

Social source share

Guest bazrico

And why not and yes i will go to an alnighter i will take the wife who is in her 50ts as well, (we may not stay allnight) or should those in the 50ts do soul nights or stay in with comments like this no wonder punters are keeping.

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

fetch me some tissues I think I'm about to piss myslef laughing Terry...last two venues Ive been to have been the 100 club and the attic..was I djing, was I fook as like...good try. :thumbsup:

as someone rightly pointed out you only went to the 100 club cause you were djing at the boogaloo first and ya pals wanted to go to the 100 after....as you say paul nice try :no::lol::(

Social source share

as someone rightly pointed out you only went to the 100 club cause you were djing at the boogaloo first and ya pals wanted to go to the 100 after....as you say paul nice try :lol::thumbsup::D

Thats not actually correct Terry ... it was Paul who wanted to go :thumbsup:

Social source share

ROD

:thumbsup:Very disrespectful to Andy (Kid Mohair) who happens to know his stuff musically and (imho, (and am sure many others on here and on the scene generally would agree)) is in no way a 'clueless wonder' !!!!

Social source share