Who's Got My Epitome Of Sound 45?

Hello all, not too sure if this is the right place for this but here goes : Let's start from the beginning.

Over 2 months ago i bought a copy of the Epitome of Sound 45 "You Don't Love Me" through this site from a member called Kevin J.

As many of you know, the guy was not exactly fast with mailing that actual record (and other 45's) and this resulted in the guy getting slated on this site.

I also posted a thread called "Another Dodgy Seller" about this guy and was pointed in the right direction by some members on here.

Anyway, after a month of trying to get in touch with the guy and trying (unsuccessfully) to get my money back through Paypal,

i eventually tracked the guy down through another site.

As it turns out, he actually mailed the record but to the wrong address.

He can prove that it was mailed and reached it's destination but the UPS site does not state where it was 'ACTUALLY' delivered.

So, is it possible that some member on here (who bought from the same guy at the same time) received a FREE copy of this record in the mail.

Is so, could you PLEASE get in touch with me.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

I don't understand the problem here - he sent the record to the wrong recipient, he should be the one chasing it up and giving you the cash back if he can't sort it out...

thats what i think too :P

i did the same ages ago but couldnt remember where it went and asked the few i sold too at the same time but with no luck so i just repaid the money and learnt a harsh lesson, concentrate when writing out addresses when sending records out :thumbup:

good luck soulboy69 but dont hold your breath :thumbsup:

Social source share

a while back when this seller sold a few 45s on site that never turned up, he said the same thing that he had sent them, strange

that nobody as far as im aware recieved said 45s. but as stressed before did manage to get a full refund so that might be your

best option imo.

good luck

russ

Social source share

Cheers for the opinions, i do agree with you and it has just been confirmed by the seller that he will give me a refund but the point i was making really is that i want the actual record so if somebody actually did receive it, i was appealing to their better nature to get in touch with me (a long shot i know but somebody out there has a record that i paid for).

Social source share

Cheers for the opinions, i do agree with you and it has just been confirmed by the seller that he will give me a refund but the point i was making really is that i want the actual record so if somebody actually did receive it, i was appealing to their better nature to get in touch with me (a long shot i know but somebody out there has a record that i paid for).

Hi I was one of the 10 who waited ages for the records from Kevin J but can confirm I eventually got mine " Garland Green - Girl I Love You", but only got the record I ordered arrived so he didnt send it to me by mistake.

Best of luck though trying to locate it.

Biff

Social source share

what evidence has been given for them being sent in the first place?

Has he supplied shipping confirmation slips/numbers?

How detailed is the information?

Hypothetical situation -

A long time poster sells 20 records on Soul Source - but only send out say 5 - three of which are to the correct address - the other two to the wrong addresses.

15 people don't get their records - two get the wrong ones (the cheapest items sold).

He gives the 15 people the shipping numbers for the ones sent to incorrect addresses.. making them think its a genuine error - by the time that people have realised their not getting their 45s, the Paypal claim period is up, so there is no way they are getting their cash back via that route.

People post up on Soul Source about him being shady, a couple respond that "I got mine OK" or "Finally arrived but it took a while", a couple more posts come up "I got the wrong record, so I sent it back for him to send me the right one" or similar

Meanwhile, he can respond to any posts on Soul Source by saying I have proof of shipping / they went to the wrong address / oops silly me....

The gist of this post being - everyone who is missing 45s from this seller need to get their heads together and share any info he has given - ie shipping numbers - to make sure that he isn't using the same info to palm people off in the hope that they will think its a shipping problem, and not the fact that he's probably screwed them over.

Social source share

Hello "Pikey's Dog" (great avatar by the way) and thanks for your time and input.

You make some great valid points and as i mentioned before, i agree with your thoughts.

The seller has agreed to refund me but that still remains to be seen.

My whole point of this appeal is that 'IF' the guy is telling the truth about shipping the record to the wrong address,

then somebody has the actual record which is what i REALLY want.

As mentioned already, 'IF' the record was sent to somebody else on here, then i'm simply just appealing to their

better nature to get in touch with me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert