Voices Of E.h. So Rare. 45

Becket

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has anyone got a copy of So Rare - V.o.E.H. (Just Sunshine) on a 45 for sale please ?

Cheers.......... Tom. Banbury.

99% sure this cut was LP-only sir - I'd be gobsmacked if it appeared on a 45 but having said that stranger things have happened - saw a lotta dancefloor action back in the mid-late 80s as I recall..TUNE!

MRez

Social source share

Is this on the same LP as Cashing In and Wanted Dead Or Alive

Kev ,cashing in isnt on the lp but i would say deffo a lp only track and my fave track on the lp ,which imho is even better than SO RARE ,is TAKE A STAND .

Think the Lp was re-issued

"I can feel it " on just sunshine if mem serves me right

Sure Chris Anderton had it on his lists regularly ,infact its not that rare .

Both tunes will be in Refo but my last tune is nice :thumbsup:

Social source share

Kev ,cashing in isnt on the lp but i would say deffo a lp only track and my fave track on the lp ,which imho is even better than SO RARE ,is TAKE A STAND .

Think the Lp was re-issued

"I can feel it " on just sunshine if mem serves me right

Sure Chris Anderton had it on his lists regularly ,infact its not that rare .

Both tunes will be in Refo but my last tune is nice :thumbsup:

Cheers Nev

Like the 'Take A Stand' track

I had the other LP some years back but for some reason always passed on this one. Is Leroy Hutson involved in this one also?

Social source share

OK everyone. Here's the story.............................

Replied to a thread on "Look in your box" re: V.o.E.H. (check it out yourselves)

"So Rare" got mentioned. I asked about a 45 of this and got.......

QUOTE (candiman @ Jan 8 09, 07:57 AM) post_snapback.gifBought my copy back in the 70s (77?) for pennies in Cheltenham. Got it home to find it was warped so badly it was just about unplayable. Put it away and pulled it out of the collection again only a couple of years ago to find the warp had all but disappeared.

Result - a storage warp in reverse...

Social source share

OK everyone. Here's the story.............................

Replied to a thread on "Look in your box" re: V.o.E.H. (check it out yourselves)

"So Rare" got mentioned. I asked about a 45 of this and got.......

QUOTE (candiman @ Jan 8 09, 07:57 AM) post_snapback.gifBought my copy back in the 70s (77?) for pennies in Cheltenham. Got it home to find it was warped so badly it was just about unplayable. Put it away and pulled it out of the collection again only a couple of years ago to find the warp had all but disappeared.

Result - a storage warp in reverse...

Obviously: I then wanted one and here I am asking. Cheers.............. Tom.

I read that but think there's been some misunderstanding. I think the poster who wrote about the warped record getting unwarped was talking about the LP.

No 7" release of "So Rare" appears in any Just Sunshine discography that I've seen. Still might exist ofcourse, but I doubt it.

Social source share

Great album two great track sad thing is I only ever heard Take a stand played once and that was by Andy Whitmore at a small soul night, when you think of all the shite that is played on the scen its crazy

Had this album 20 years and never get bored with it

Andy put me onto it too via a tape in the 80s - of course, snobbery on the scene prevented it getting the attention it justly deserved cos it's an LP-only track - beggars belief...

Agreed - so much more worthy than some of the dross I hear thesedays.

MRez

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I've personally never heard of "So Rare" on a 45, and I've had the album since 1975. I bought it blind, and at first I was disappointed that "Cashing In" wasn't on it, but it's by far the better album of the two on JS.

The only 45 I recall (apart from "Cashing In") is "New Vibrations"/cw."Giving Love" Just Sunshine JSA-504, though there may have been another taken from the other JS album.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

The L.P title is "Can You feel it". I have no idea of the book price though.

I just bought it i paid around 15 pounds for it.

lps seem to be cheaper in japan,45,s non existent or expensive.

I can possibly get another copy in mint condition,

but the seller had allready put the price up to around 25

cheers

Social source share

I've personally never heard of "So Rare" on a 45, and I've had the album since 1975. I bought it blind, and at first I was disappointed that "Cashing In" wasn't on it, but it's by far the better album of the two on JS.

The only 45 I recall (apart from "Cashing In") is "New Vibrations"/cw."Giving Love" Just Sunshine JSA-504, though there may have been another taken from the other JS album.

You wouldn't generally here it played out at a Northern night, however it's a standard at x/over & 70's nights.

Social source share

Source Advert