Harry Ray: Ride Your Pony Girl/best Thing For Me (all Platinum)

Guest Fabsoul69

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

all the 45's of this i've heard are really noisy, bad surface noise even when they've never been played? or are there copies out there that play clean?

it's on a couple of moments lp's too, one UK and one USA, and the sound is perfect (in it's own way, it does have that sylvia robinson distorted production about it anyway).

There's also a bizarre version on a 70's US indie album by 'pedro and the hands of time' or something similar, where he's taken a load of Moments tunes, split them into strict stereo and added a bit of echo, then he moans and sighs over the top. On the sleeve he claims it's his new album and he's not making anymore as he's found God and is going to be a pastor. He is featured on the cover in thick rimmed glasses leering rather suspectly over some girl in an evening dress on a bed while the rest of his 'band' look on. I forget the full title of the lp, I managed to sell it for a tidy sum to a Jap sweet soul collector years ago where it's in demand evidently... presumably for the cover.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Guest john s

There's also a bizarre version on a 70's US indie album by 'pedro and the hands of time' or something similar, where he's taken a load of Moments tunes, split them into strict stereo and added a bit of echo, then he moans and sighs over the top. On the sleeve he claims it's his new album and he's not making anymore as he's found God and is going to be a pastor. He is featured on the cover in thick rimmed glasses leering rather suspectly over some girl in an evening dress on a bed while the rest of his 'band' look on. I forget the full title of the lp, I managed to sell it for a tidy sum to a Jap sweet soul collector years ago where it's in demand evidently... presumably for the cover.

cheers Sutty

That's a pretty sought-after album amongst 'weird music' collectors, too. ohmy.gif

Social source share

i've got it on the moments meet the o'jay's album - which contains loads of killer tracks. I don't know which did and didn't make it to 45's, but if anyone's looking for caning northern sounds from the o'jays and hasn't go tthis lp - check it out. 'Ride Your Pony Girl' is fantastic, just a different sound to the tracks i'm talking about here.

Social source share

Looking for a copy of:

HARRY RAY: Ride Your Pony Girl / Best Thing For Me ( All Platinum)

Hi mate - tread carefully - it's a hard one to find, period - but when it does show up, I believe all issues are hiss-laden and all promos are hiss-free - I think that's right? I had one in November and sold it well - could've sold x5 in the end - All Plat' 45s pressings from that era are completely hit and miss regards pressing quality - I took £40 on my last one but would hope my next will make a bit better than that...

Beautiful tune - one of THE best 'new' (well new to me anyways before any know-alls jump down me gullet!) 7"s I heard last year - really unusual...clip of first minute below...MRez

harry_ray_ride_your_pony_girl.mp3

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Fabsoul69

This guy's a good man - we've done biz before and his stuff always arrives nice and quick in the stated condition...grabbit!

M

Mark, many thanks for your heads up & soundclip!

I already bought a nice promo copy earlier today...

Oliver

Edited by Fabsoul69
Social source share

Source Advert