Tuesday 10pm - Bbc2

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for that Chalky, looks like it's gonna be a good un'. I knew Martin Freeman was a fan.

Did you notice, even in a record shop in downtown Detroit they had the 'Northern Soul' fist on the wall!! :thumbup:

The store shown in the clip / programme , is Brad Hales' Peoples' Records ( 3161 Woodward at Peterboro in Detroit , tel (313) - 831 - 0864 ) , which relocated there following the fire earlier this year which destroyed his original store in the Forest Arms apartments........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest posstot

Thanks for that Chalky, looks like it's gonna be a good un'. I knew Martin Freeman was a fan.

Did you notice, even in a record shop in downtown Detroit they had the 'Northern Soul' fist on the wall!! :thumbup:

I'd heard Martin Freeman was a bit of a mod/souly, now i believe. Looking forward to this, thanks for the nod on the programme.

Social source share

Hasn't this already been on? Where he goes and meets the Funk Brothers in Detroit?

Why it is familiar Pete , is part of it has been shown on " The Culture Show " a couple of months ago , when it was billed as a trailer for the full programme that would be shown in January 2009 ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest posstot

Hasn't this already been on? Where he goes and meets the Funk Brothers in Detroit?

oooooooooohhhhh, have you just had a.... de ja voo moment?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I can see what Pete means.

The way it could be read is that the Martin Freeman clip is from a Culture Show on November 25th and on January 6th there will be a Motown Culture Show special, it doesn't actually say that the Martin Freeman thing is part of the Culture Show special on January 6th.

The wording is a bit ambiguous. I hope i'm wrong. :D

'To celebrate its 50th anniversary, actor and passionate Motown fan Martin Freeman visits the record label's birthplace - Detroit - where he meets the unsung heroes of Motown, The Funk Brothers. You can see the 30-minute programme Motown: A Culture Show Special on Tuesday 6 January.'

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I can see what Pete means.

The way it could be read is that the Martin Freeman clip is from a Culture Show on November 25th and on January 6th there will be a Motown Culture Show special, it doesn't actually say that the Martin Freeman thing is part of the Culture Show special on January 6th.

The wording is a bit ambiguous. I hope i'm wrong. :D

'To celebrate its 50th anniversary, actor and passionate Motown fan Martin Freeman visits the record label's birthplace - Detroit - where he meets the unsung heroes of Motown, The Funk Brothers. You can see the 30-minute programme Motown: A Culture Show Special on Tuesday 6 January.'

The original clip that I saw was only about 5 minutes long so I hope the longer version will be better because what I watched wasn't great

Social source share

Guest soulboy

I'd heard Martin Freeman was a bit of a mod/souly, now i believe. Looking forward to this, thanks for the nod on the programme.

didnt he do a motown comp last year sure i saw one some where might be wrong never bought it cos all the stuff as been put out loads of times just like the keven roland one

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert