exit 9 - i love you! love you completely

TROUBLE king earnest - you're gonna miss me

earnest mosley - stubborn heart

WRIGHT jimmy bo horne - hey there jim

philip wright - keep her happy

TROUBLE annette archibald - clip my wings

Social source share

Guest alison

Agreed - love listening to the kind of mix you put together on these shows. Top Banana James & Ian.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thanks Alison/Mike. Sorry about the distortion on the mic, I kept telling Ian to keep the level out of the red, so I blame him. :lol:

We shouldn't have a problem next show, as the new studio should be sound proofed by then so we'll be able to get the monitors up nice and loud! :)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Really enjoyed this, when`s the next show.

Any car stickers to give away :D ,

Garv.

link

Hi Garv,

Ian and I used to do a show every other week, when we used to live together. But we've both left Deepfunk House and gone our seperate ways. Your guess is as good as ours about when the next show will be. Fingers crossed it'll be within a month, although that may end up being a few months! :thumbsup:

Car stickers, now that's an idea!!!!! :)

JT

Social source share

Guest garv

James no BS this is a cracking set of soul/funk, ive got it on as i write.

Want to sell the sharon Jones :thumbsup:

garv.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James no BS this is a cracking set of soul/funk, ive got it on as i write.

Want to sell the sharon Jones :thumbsup:

garv.

link

Hi Garv,

Thanks!!! :D

I had a box of Sharon Jones's, but I 'gave them away' for £10 each. One went through on ebay at $96 the week after I sold my last copy!!!! :):P

Billy, if I remember, I'll play it for you next show! :D

Social source share

Guest garv

James whats the story on the William Cummings- price, label ect & the Executive jam & finally the King Earnest.

Garv.

Is it true there`s release of Sharon jones???????????

Edited by garv
Social source share

Guest wrighty

Hi Garv,

Thanks!!! :D

I had a box of Sharon Jones's, but I 'gave them away' for £10 each. One went through on ebay at $96 the week after I sold my last copy!!!! :)   :P

Billy, if I remember, I'll play it for you next show! :thumbsup:

link

hi garv, thought i'd slip in quickly while james takes a breather....

executive jam is on third street records, got mine for $150 from lotusland records, i think a copy went off on ebay for more than double that price :D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James whats the story on the William Cummings- price, label ect & the Executive jam & finally the King Earnest.

Garv.

link

William Cummings is pretty hefty. I value it at £1000+

I think Ian is replying to the Executive Jam. :thumbsup:

King Earnest came out on two labels. The one you want is on Sonic. There is a later pressing on LK under the name Earnest King. The one on Sonic is probably £75 at teh moment, but I would wager that it will go up in value, it's very hard to find. :)

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest garv

William Cummings is pretty hefty. I value it at £1000+

Ian will probably reply to the Executive Jam. :thumbsup:

King Earnest came out on two labels. The one you want is on Sonic. There is a later pressing on LK under the name Earnest King. The one on Sonic is probably £75 at teh moment, but I would wager that it will go up in value, it's very hard to find. :)

link

Many many thanks James this f**kin set is killing me & so are the prices :D .

Cant wait for the next one, top top sounds my man.

Garv.

Social source share

Garv.

Is it true there`s release of Sharon jones???????????

link

garv

sure daptone site has 45 available there

mike

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Ooops, been down the pub for lunch... The King Earnest on Sonic is £200+ and I would guess is in demand and bloody hard to find. The LK releases under the name Earnest King is £75. :thumbsup::D:)

Social source share

Guest garv

hi garv, thought i'd slip in quickly while james takes a breather....

executive jam is on third street records, got mine for $150 from lotusland records, i think a copy went off on ebay for more than double that price  :thumbsup:

link

Yeah sorry Wrighty there are two off you on the decks, great set from both you lads.

Ive got to go & lay down now, I`m F**ked

Garv.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Yeah sorry Wrighty there are two off you on the decks, great set from both you lads.

Ive got to go & lay down now, I`m F**ked

Garv.

link

no probs, nice to know we've got a few more closet funk lovers lurking out there :thumbsup:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Guest garv

no probs, nice to know we've got a few more closet funk lovers lurking out there  :D

link

:thumbsup::):P:D

I thought the " my conditions" were re release`s on the site???????????.

was there a few 12" versions knocking about, i think Keb has one but not sure.

Anyone

Garv.

Social source share

I contacted Daptone about this 45 as I was going to see Sharon Jones in Hamilton, Ontario a couple of weeks back and always thought this 45 was only available at the gigs.

They told me it was now available on the website but didnt mention it as a re-issue and when you consider how many shows these guys do they must be re-pressing this constantly?

Social source share

Guest garv

I contacted Daptone about this 45 as I was going to see Sharon Jones in Hamilton, Ontario a couple of weeks back and always thought this 45 was only available at the gigs.

They told me it was now available on the website but didnt mention it as a re-issue and when you consider how many shows these guys do they must be re-pressing this constantly?

link

It was off the sales list ( on site) about 6/8 months ago so i think your right they just press em up as needed. Be very interested to see 1st press & the one`s there selling now.

Garv.

Social source share

It was off the sales list ( on site) about 6/8 months ago so i think your right they just press em up as needed. Be very interested to see 1st press & the one`s there selling now.

Garv.

link

There's no repress/reissue. The ones on the Daptone site are "originals". Bloody hell. It was released a couple of weeks ago! Go here and send them your money:

https://www.daptonerecords.com/pages/dap1022.html

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest garv

There's no repress/reissue. The ones on the Daptone site are "originals". Bloody hell. It was released a couple of weeks ago! Go here and send them your money:

https://www.daptonerecords.com/pages/dap1022.html

whistling.gif

link

Thought long & hard about the tone of this reply

Not to sure about the "bloody hell", have i/we annoyed you by chewing the fat over this record?????.

Already sent my money. OK

Now if i stick a couple of these up :shades::D , that should make it alright.

Garv.

Social source share

Thought long & hard about the tone of this reply

Not to sure about the "bloody hell", have i/we annoyed you by chewing the fat over this record?????.

Already sent my money. OK

Now if i stick a couple of these up  whistling.gif   :shades: , that should make it alright.

Garv.

link

Please excuse me, I had just come home from a 13-hour work day when I wrote that (note to self: shouldn't go out on the internet when I'm tired/frustrated/etc...). Sorry if the tone of my reply was a bit harsh. I didn't mean to offend you. :D

Social source share

Guest garv

Please excuse me, I had just come home from a 13-hour work day when I wrote that (note to self: shouldn't go out on the internet when I'm tired/frustrated/etc...). Sorry if the tone of my reply was a bit harsh. I didn't mean to offend you.  :shades:

link

Sebastian,

No problem mate, thumbsup.gif

Garv.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

James, never been a big funk follower but i must say that this is the business mate, you will surely win converts with this quality!

link

only one problem there....james didn't actually play any funk :shades:

unless of course you count the king earnest...but thats an argument for another day thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

only one problem there....james didn't actually play any funk  :shades:

unless of course you count the king earnest...but thats an argument for another day  thumbsup.gif

link

With all those new funk 45s you had this show, there was no need for me to play any out and out funk, now was there? :Dbiggrin.gif

Social source share

only one problem there....james didn't actually play any funk  :shades:

unless of course you count the king earnest...but thats an argument for another day  thumbsup.gif

link

Taken as a whole, the concept, the potential, oh, you know what i mean :D

Was'nt referring to James alone biggrin.gif

Edited by Gary
Social source share

Guest wrighty

With all those new funk 45s you had this show, there was no need for me to play any out and out funk, now was there? :lol:   :shhh:

link

too right :shhh:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Taken as a whole, the concept, the potential, oh, you know what i mean :lol:

Was'nt referring to James alone :shhh:

link

"Potential". Now there's a man on the same wave length as us. :shhh:

Thanks for the kind words Gary.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been a frequent listener but I have caught a few shows over the last year or 18 months or so and I must say it is much better now than it was, and the simple reason is IMO that it is now much less funk, or 'funk funk', anyway. William Cummings must definitely be worth £1000+ now you got it, or else you would have made a loss. :rolleyes: Nice that I got a mention as the one who introduced you to it. :lol:blush.gif

Edited by Guest
Social source share

James whats the story on the William Cummings- price, label ect

Label is Bang Bang. It was recorded (or at least mastered/pressed) in 1968 going by disc dating charts. It was pressed at Capitol's plant in Scranton, Pensylvania. It seems unclear who the artist/vocalist is. The band was a funk type self contained band as I understand the information I have and recorded a few things, among them an instrumental version of "Make My Love A Hurting Thing". The flip of William Cummings is crap, cheesy supper club ballad type thing, sounds white almost, don't know what to make of it really. The label says Washington D.C. but it is really from Virginia.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Sharon Jones - What Condition is now available on the Daptone web site, bought one last week.

link

i still like how long.... better

we need more miami-style funk tunes on the scene rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert