Soul Joe Clements On Ebay

Simsy

Soul Joe Clements - Ever Ever - PLEXIUM

I see Mick Smith has a minter for sale?

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=160306684182 Item number: 160306684182

Bit of an acquired taste by all accounts. Don't see it that often. Missed one for fifty quid (with no centre) about 5 years ago..

Anyway will be watching with interest to see what this goes for as Popsike prices vary .. 2/11/05 - £382 (Ex) - 19/10/06 - £161 (SOL)..

Any fans? Haters (other than Pete-S)

Social source share

• Replies 45
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Soul Joe Clements - Ever Ever - PLEXIUM

I see Mick Smith has a minter for sale?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=160306684182 Item number: 160306684182

Bit of an acquired taste by all accounts. Don't see it that often. Missed one for fifty quid (with no centre) about 5 years ago..

Anyway will be watching with interest to see what this goes for as Popsike prices vary .. 2/11/05 - £382 (Ex) - 19/10/06 - £161 (SOL)..

Any fans? Haters (other than Pete-S) ?

im a big fan of this tune, was a big sound at stafford top of the world

Social source share

im a big fan of this tune, was a big sound at stafford top of the world

Phil Shields looked in a sec ago, was hoping he'd tell us what he paid for his. Recent spin at Rugby - sounds superb!

Danny Everard used to play this at the Fleet back in 1985.

Social source share

Well as the Blue Jays would say .... whistling.gif

Or, perhaps;

The Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) is a passerine bird, and a member of the family Corvidae native to North America. It belongs to the "blue" or American jays, which are, among the Corvidae, not closely related to other jays. It is adaptable, aggressive and omnivorous, and has been colonizing new habitat for many decades.

Please enlighten us?

Social source share

I know, I'm not saying otherwise, it was also Simsy's point when he said as the Blue Jays said and you asked to be enlightened :D

But what is the meaning of the Blue Jays? Don't get it. Sorry, call me thick, by all means, but . . . . . ???

Social source share

But what is the meaning of the Blue Jays? Don't get it. Sorry, call me thick, by all means, but . . . . . ???

It's a record called It Depends On Your Point Of View by the Blue Jays. Simsy was trying to say in response to your "its not very good" that it "Depends on your point of view".

Social source share

It's a record called It Depends On Your Point Of View by the Blue Jays. Simsy was trying to say in response to your "its not very good" that it "Depends on your point of view".

Oh, I see. Now I understand. Don't know the record he was referring to so it meant nothing to me when quoted. But thanks for the explanation. :D

Social source share

Mick bought that from Luton record fait the other week - phoned me up, said this blokes got some reggae singles here, he wants 250 for them, is it worth it? So I added them up and got about 500 quid and he said, oh yeah, theres a soul joe clements in there as well - so that was 250 for the lot including soul joe clements.

I'd have taken the reggae and paid him to keep the soul joe...

Social source share

Don't know the record he was referring to

Blue Jays!!? Sorry I sort of thought that was one everyone knew?

Mick bought that from Luton record fait the other week - phoned me up, said this blokes got some reggae singles here, he wants 250 for them, is it worth it? So I added them up and got about 500 quid and he said, oh yeah, theres a soul joe clements in there as well - so that was 250 for the lot including soul joe clements.

I'd have taken the reggae and paid him to keep the soul joe...

He's a jammy sod inny? Got Timmie Williams for 5p.

Yes, me.

Such a crap tune, can't believe it it got and still gets played. No wonder we had an oil crisis in the early 70s when it was wasted to press crap like this... :D

That's fair enough. As said opinion devided on this. Amazing though, some of the piss boring shite my friends cite as real soul goodies and there's this - Uptempo :D Storming :g: Dancer yes.gif Northern Soul :D ... What more do you want on simco? :D

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

No mate, whereabouts was it?

I saw it Pete, just caught the end of the report-a fire by a railway track. Witness was the double of you! :thumbsup: Sorry for the off topic-on topic, i like the song, but not enough to buy it! :(

Social source share

Winning bid: £298.00

Well still a 'money' sound it would seem?

I expected it to end much higher. Dug out the "British Northern vol.1" CD on Goldmine the other day. Released somewhere in the mid 90s, the liner notes quote prices for most tracks and Soul Joe Clements was 150 quid back then. Considering that much more commond 45s increased heavily in value, (e.g. Chants "Baby I don't need your love" have quintupled since then from 20 to 100), Soul Joe Clements didn't...

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Well, it IS very rare.

This is only the second copy I've seen since about the mid seventies. I did HEAR of another one but that was many moons ago too.

Well £382 at the end of 05 (below) was maybe the biggest money for this yet, but as said, it doesn't come up that often.

will be watching with interest to see what this goes for as Popsike prices vary .. 2/11/05 - £382 (Ex) - 19/10/06 - £161 (SOL)..

Stafford obviously didnt break all of them then........... :thumbup::g:

Very good Rick! :)

I expected it to end much higher. Dug out the "British Northern vol.1" CD on Goldmine the other day. Released somewhere in the mid 90s, the liner notes quote prices for most tracks and Soul Joe Clements was 150 quid back then. Considering that much more commond 45s increased heavily in value, (e.g. Chants "Baby I don't need your love" have quintupled since then from 20 to 100), Soul Joe Clements didn't...

I thought it'd go for a bit more maybe, but who has big money to throw around this time of year - not to mention economic climate etc.. If it was maybe black less guitary/organ, then £££££'s?

Social source share

Stafford obviously didnt break all of them then........... :thumbup::g:

Rick

I wasn't suggesting that Stafford didn't break the record but it WAS known amongst English label collectors earlier than Stafford, that's all. Not really sure if it got plays before Stafford, perhaps because it was so little known and so rare even then. Knowing about a record back then and being able to obtain one in order to play it at venues were two different things. The English collectors would have been keen to snap up any copies available at the time and certainly not all English collectors were DJs back then, unlike now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert