Top Tips For 2009

:D:lol::D .............Just right for today, as they say thumbsup.gif & sounds f***ing hard as nails over a hoofin' system...........in fact I would go as far as to say, the clip in the comfort of your home really doesnt do this justice, ya gotta be of ya tits, giving it some welly, with ya ears being pinned to the back wall & ya heart beating to rythmn.........with a couple o hundred like minded souls..............ahhhhhhhhh heaven !

Russ

Been battered at Soul or Nothing (manchester) and DDA... :(

Social source share

• Replies 156
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Young Divines-Ain't that sharp

Just spent a few minutes reading the links Sean gave us in post#1 about our tips for 2007 & 2008.

Makes fascinating reading too :thumbsup:

Mr Thorley you should note (no pun intended) that me & thee had this in our 2007 tips too!!!!

So why not, let me re-tip it again too - The Young Devines - Ain't that sharp............monster in 2009?????

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Just spent a few minutes reading the links Sean gave us in post#1 about our tips for 2007 & 2008.

Makes fascinating reading too :(

Mr Thorley you should note (no pun intended) that me & thee had this in our 2007 tips too!!!!

So why not, let me re-tip it again too - The Young Devines - Ain't that sharp............monster in 2009?????

Cheers

Steve

But last year it was mainly has been dj's like us playing it, now Butch is playing it as well :(:(

Social source share

Been battered at Soul or Nothing (manchester) and DDA... unsure.gif

Yeah, I know Paul, but it did take 30 years to find its way oooooopp north :D .......its a reactivated oldie for us Suvverners !!!!.......kudos mate, but just pleased its getting the widest possible audience eventually..........Happy New Year.

Regards

Russ

Social source share

Yeah, I know Paul, but it did take 30 years to find its way oooooopp north :thumbsup: .......its a reactivated oldie for us Suvverners !!!!.......kudos mate, but just pleased its getting the widest possible audience eventually..........Happy New Year.

Regards

Russ

I know mate, I remember it fro 79/80ish I think? From jazz/funk scene.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Peace, Love, Not War - Johnny King and Fatback Band

for its quality, lyrics and sentiment! :thumbup:

Deepfunk oldie, innit :thumbup:

Kenny Dope remix of it is a bit better to my ears (keb had a nice 7" version of the remix, not sure it was ever pressed?), better production certainly, which is a bit 'shallow' on the OG vinyl. IMO.

Boss record though :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Peace, Love, Not War - Johnny King and Fatback Band

for its quality, lyrics and sentiment! :thumbup:

Cracking record Paul, one of my all time faves and still don't have a real one :thumbsup:

Will we see you on Sat in Cambridge ?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Cracking record Paul, one of my all time faves and still don't have a real one :thumbsup:

Will we see you on Sat in Cambridge ?

There was one on ebay this weekend, might even still be there?

Social source share

Nobody noticed it was on my sales list last week!

Put another zero on the price and mention that you just sold a copy to Butch that should do the trick :yes: .

Social source share

that's nice....the precisions meets the temps!!.....its got that thing!!

Amazing!-I`ve been playing "TODAY`S MAN" for years. One of the few 45`s which I`ve never even bothered playing the flipside. :yes:

Here`s a tip for all you kids out there-play BOTH sides of your 45`s-they may surprise you... :)

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Amazing!-I`ve been playing "TODAY`S MAN" for years. One of the few 45`s which I`ve never even bothered playing the flipside. :lol:

Here`s a tip for all you kids out there-play BOTH sides of your 45`s-they may surprise you... ohmy.gif

note: "Today's Man" was originally a Blackpool Mecca classic from C.early '76 (on Atlantic, before the Ovide release was known). It was released in the US in 1969.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Deepfunk oldie, innit :g:

Kenny Dope remix of it is a bit better to my ears (keb had a nice 7" version of the remix, not sure it was ever pressed?), better production certainly, which is a bit 'shallow' on the OG vinyl. IMO.

Boss record though :thumbup:

it is yes. think it was on a old Darge cd aswell. Prefer the 7" original myself...great either way though! :)

Social source share

Wes Black was a big Sam spin at the Modern Soul Allnighters at Birmingham Locarno, C.1982 and has probably had it's day, however the mellow flip (actually the official a-side) sounds far better nowadays (to me anyway), being somewhat in the gentle vein of a Curtis Mayfield song perhaps.

I know I was there, but Im talking wider exceptance on the mainstream NS scene..........Im sure your a really nice bloke, but unfortunately you do come over as a bit of a 'know it all sometimes'........

Happy New Year

Russ

Social source share

The Rev Cliff Camfield was the first to play it Adam,you got one as well now ?,sold mine a month ago

Hi Salmon,

Should have guessed at Cliff really! Yes picked up a copy for myself, will probably give it a spin or two at the new Coventry night...plug plug!!! Hope you're keeping well mate?

Adam.

Social source share

iS THE FLIP ANY GOOD ON THIS TOO?

No it is RUBBISH !!! I have played the start of it on once for a few seconds - thats all you need to do !

Its nothing like the Dilly Dilly side !

Cheers M

Social source share

No if's No but's, Tyron Dixon feat John Davis - Bringing Back (original mix) will be an absoloute monster on the Modern scene this year & if somebody like Sam picks up on it maybe the Northern scene as well.

https://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act=se...&sc=artists

Available to download legally from traxsource link above for a modest fee.

No release date yet so thats the only way you're going to get it for now.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

No if's No but's, Tyron Dixon feat John Davis - Bringing Back (original mix) will be an absoloute monster on the Modern scene this year & if somebody like Sam picks up on it maybe the Northern scene as well.

https://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act=se...&sc=artists

Available to download legally from traxsource link above for a modest fee.

No release date yet so thats the only way you're going to get it for now.

Thanks for that Cunnie - a very nice refreshing strong vocal soul tune........for 2009 and well recommended :thumbsup: .

Only played the original mix and sounds good to my ears.....but well it won't be everybodies cup of tea.

Nick.

Social source share

Guest posstot

No it is RUBBISH !!! I have played the start of it on once for a few seconds - thats all you need to do !

Its nothing like the Dilly Dilly side !

Cheers M

Oh well, Couldn't complain if it were a one sided demo really...a beautiful record all on its own!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert