Ruby Andrews Loving You

Guest wigantojapan

Guest wigantojapan

Hello people

can someone give me info on the ruby andrews single "loving you"

Is it possible if someone can post the boot and the original.

What is the single going for today in mint or M- condition

thanks

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest wigantojapan

manships guide says the boot was a plain white label same song both sides,rubber stamped ink credits.

kev

thanks the boot i have seen over the internet was the same design as the original and colour.

difficult to see the label correctly as the picture was a bit blurred but definately a blue label

thanks

Social source share

thanks the boot i have seen over the internet was the same design as the original and colour.

difficult to see the label correctly as the picture was a bit blurred but definately a blue label

thanks

Ive seen a boot (it was blue similar to the original) the boot looks like its spelt with an X at the beginning "xodiac" when you put the 2 side by side it then becomes really obvious which is which :lol: ZODIAC or XODIAC :lol: Price wise a Minter would be about £120 on average although someone on here is trying to ask for about £250 :shades:rolleyes.gif

you can pick them up easy enough if you look about ie- on here and Ebay

Social source share

Ive seen a boot (it was blue similar to the original) the boot looks like its spelt with an X at the beginning "xodiac" when you put the 2 side by side it then becomes really obvious which is which :lol: ZODIAC or XODIAC :lol: Price wise a Minter would be about £120 on average although someone on here is trying to ask for about £250 :shades:rolleyes.gif

only seen a couple of mint one's and they went for well over 120.....think a minter would be close to 200

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

You're right Bearsy there were those weird colour labels with double A sided boots from some guy a while ago. He'd misread Zodiac as Xodiac, brilliant :lol: They are obvious boots since the other side is a different song and label. Stay well clear of em.

Social source share

I went into a small record shop in San Francisco about 3 years ago while my mate looked round the back of the counter I looked on the top and there on the top was a Ruby Andrews just lovin you I waited for a while and asked the owner how much he haggled for a while and sold it for $40 that was a minter . My mate later pulled out a box sayin somthin like tv tunes and right at the back was the drifter by Ray Pollard im sure he paid $15

Social source share

The original is on styrene and is ZTSC stamped in the deadwax.

There are copies with large and small print for the artist/song title etc. details. See attached scans (found on internet).

I got rid of mine a few years ago, but picked one up on here again recently (M-) for £100 I think it was.

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-1230735808_thumb.jpg

post-12286-1230735832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

There are copies with large and small print for the artist/song title etc. details. See attached scans (found on internet).

I got rid of mine a few years ago, but picked one up on here again recently (M-) for £100 I think it was.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

thanks everyone

there was a shop in tokyo trying to move a boot for $210 .

At first the exchange rate was 95 quid which was good then it changed to 145

.i then asked the owner if it was original and for a better scan of the record

.He then e mailed me back telling me it was a boot,a boot for $210 .

i have only just recently heard this song,long story anyway i was prepared top pay around the 100-120 mentioned

One went on e bay the other day 58 quid but not a minter

cheers

Social source share

Guest mel brat

There have been several appalling copies for sale on ebay recently (see below).

post-4950-1230943568_thumb.jpg

post-4950-1230943702_thumb.jpg

Criminal! They should hang whoever did this to such a great record!

post-4950-1230943655_thumb.jpg

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Cheers

Richard

Is there any difference in availability/rarity in the different text size? Seem to remember reading somewhere the larger text is slightly harder to find?

Pete E

Social source share

Is there any difference in availability/rarity in the different text size? Seem to remember reading somewhere the larger text is slightly harder to find?

Pete E

I have had both versions, but not enough copies to comment myself on relative rarity.

Manship's Guide (5th) notes the larger print version as more expensive.

JM's book prices are small print @ £250 and large print at £300 :lol:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

There have been several appalling copies for sale on ebay recently (see below).

There was also an Ex- copy for around £50 this year on ebay too.....I know it will never be sold for this by any dealer but it isn't far off the mark in the real world IMO. Anyone who pays £200 for such a common record wants their head looking at IMO. I mean it's up for sale on a regular basis somewhere or other. As good as it is I just think f*cking hell not again when I hear this now, shame really that quality records have to be hammered until people simply sick of them.

Can think of records that are far far harder than Ruby Andrews that only fetch around £50.....Wallace Johnson on Sansu for instance.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert