Tunes That Have Never Been On Soul Source

The 'tunes that have never been on eBay' got me thinking to start this thread. Are there any soul records that have never been mentioned on here? There's bound to be a few, but honestly I can't name any from the top of my head. Maybe I'll have a look in the collection in 2009 and come up with a few.

Maybe it's also a chance for a few guys to let us hear some soundfiles of unknown soul gems???

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mark Holmes

How about "One Way Street" by The Short Kuts...those of "Your Eyes May Shine" fame

Oops should have checked Refosoul first... Open mouth...Remove foot.

Edited by Mark Holmes
Social source share

The 'tunes that have never been on eBay' got me thinking to start this thread. Are there any soul records that have never been mentioned on here? There's bound to be a few, but honestly I can't name any from the top of my head. Maybe I'll have a look in the collection in 2009 and come up with a few.

Maybe it's also a chance for a few guys to let us hear some soundfiles of unknown soul gems???

Belmonts - You're like a mystery

Classic oldie but can't find it in Refo?

Social source share

Thanks for the tip Diggers, i've been on Manships and bought it.

Took a bit of finding as it's listed as B side, (I'm sure it was the A side on my copy which was on UK Blue Horizon I think).

The Manship site would only play the A side of their copy for me, which is a great ballad, but it's the B side "That's what you mean to me" that's a stomper, so I had to buy it just to hear it again.

Thanks again, your topic just prompted my memory of the song, which hadn't crossed my mind for years.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

hi got a copy of choclate balloon company called little girl I love you so on a label called choclate balloon great crossover sound not herd any body play it before or found a trace on s source any body herd of it before?

:thumbup: ................but only at your place dude :thumbup:

All the best for 2009 mate.

Steve

Social source share

Obviously there will be many, for example Cal Brandons 24 hour love man, Richard Starr's Love is not a game, etc etc.

BUT, I look at Manships record listing book and there must be 5000 + records Ive never heard, let alone seen or or owned, and that stops at about 1978.

Its a lifetime thing this Rare/Northern soul Scene just knowing 50% of whats what.

Good fun though.

Ed

Social source share

hi got a copy of choclate balloon company called little girl I love you so on a label called choclate balloon great crossover sound not herd any body play it before or found a trace on s source any body herd of it before?

Is this record a yellow label with red print? If so, I think it's sought after by 'garage' collectors for the A side - a weird record with some bloke talking over the track. T'other side LGILYS is a mid tempo sound with a predominate guitar?

It's from Orlando by 4 blokes who were in the military, based down there, released 67/8

Social source share

george johnson jr-because you are you-CRS

ne of me fave tunes ever but i cant seem to get any info on it at all, anybody know anything ? price,availability,played out etc ?

I've had this for over 30 years.

Topside is a bit of a dancer I played out in my Nighter DJ'ing days covered up, for my sins.

Flipside is a lovely deepie.

Rarest of the rare for sure!

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert