Wants

Trent Sisters - A Letter A Day - Gocate.

Rod Keith - The Lord Said -Preview.

Has anyone got a copy of these records, would be interested in purchasing -Please reply. After going to Stafford Reunion at the weekend got me thinking about other sounds from the 80's and never had a chance to buy these before. :search:

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Trent Sisters - A Letter A Day - Gocate.

Rod Keith - The Lord Said -Preview.

Has anyone got a copy of these records, would be interested in purchasing -Please reply.  After going to Stafford Reunion at the weekend got me thinking about other sounds from the 80's and never had a chance to buy these before. :search:

link

:wicked: I have a Rod Keith "Gloria" on prevue, same track as "And the lord said" but different lyrics; Dead mint, have very very subtle storage lift when it rotates (Hardly worth mentioning!). $540 takes it if you are interested! Thanks, mikevague@hotmail.com

Social source share

:shades: I have a Rod Keith "Gloria" on prevue, same track as "And the lord said" but different lyrics; Dead mint, have very very subtle storage lift when it rotates (Hardly worth mentioning!). $540 takes it if you are interested! Thanks, mikevague@hotmail.com

link

Hi Mike, nice one yes would be interested I will send you an email direct see if you can send me a sound clip. :wicked:

Social source share

wink.gif Rod Keith arrived this morning mint condition.  Excellent.  Thanks alot Mike nice doing business with you again sir. blush.gif

link

err are you and dave being greedy again wheres my records whistling.gif

Social source share

blush.gif bet they came out your play box blush.gif

link

:lol: You talkin to me??? Cheeky boy stop or I will report you to SSource for going off thread whistling.gif Tee Hee. Not getting much work done today Bond, think I need to go doctors to get some pills to stop this addition to SSource. Ive always prided myself to be able to get off (OOH MADAM) wait for it, to get off anything, but this SS is gonna get me a P.45 soon! Ho Hum king.gif

Social source share

:unsure: I have a Rod Keith "Gloria" on prevue, same track as "And the lord said" but different lyrics; Dead mint, have very very subtle storage lift when it rotates (Hardly worth mentioning!). $540 takes it if you are interested! Thanks, mikevague@hotmail.com

link

Jeezus Mike - how much? I got £100 for my copy of Gloria...

Social source share

Jeezus Mike - how much?  I got £100 for my copy of Gloria...

link

:lol: Sheesh, I saw Tommy Potts (hello lad) get near that ($500) for a lesser condition copy recently, so I figguuured ....I think a lot of people still dunno it well ennuff yet! I can say it is very rare, I found 3 recently and that all in nearly 12 years or so of knowing bout' it! And I'm from L.a., the origin of its release! I filed one, and the other in on ebay right now, part of our ridiculous 600+ piece insanity. How was tha condition of your copy, and when did you flog it, Pete? I never saw it on ebay til Tommy's...I'm well please your happy, Lisa! Thanks again. Regards, Mr. Mike :lol:

Social source share

:lol: Sheesh, I saw Tommy Potts (hello lad) get near that ($500) for a lesser condition copy recently, so I figguuured ....I think a lot of people still dunno it well ennuff yet! I can say it is very rare,  I found 3 recently and that all in nearly 12 years or so of knowing bout' it! And I'm from L.a., the origin of its release! I filed one, and the other in on ebay right now, part of our ridiculous 600+ piece insanity. How was tha condition of your copy, and when did you flog it, Pete? I never saw it on ebay til Tommy's...I'm well please your happy, Lisa! Thanks again. Regards, Mr. Mike biggrin.gif

link

listend to dave and lisas copy last night i prefer this to like the lord said .. now im the most unriligious person you can meet so things praising the lord ect in records never do it for me :lol:

Social source share

listend to dave and lisas copy last night i prefer this to like the lord said .. now im the most unriligious person you can meet so things praising the lord ect in records never do it for me  :lol:

link

I agree, I think the Gloria version is great. Pete's copy was bought by Andy F if I recall, and Andy spins it out (and hopefully will be playing it at our next Soul in the City on June 1st- consider that an early request Mr Faulkner!)

I'm pretty sure it was more than 100ukp though Pete???? :lol:

Social source share

I agree, I think the Gloria version is great. Pete's copy was bought by Andy F if I recall, and Andy spins it out (and hopefully will be playing it at our next Soul in the City on June 1st- consider that an early request Mr Faulkner!)

I'm pretty sure it was more than 100ukp though Pete???? :lol:

link

Respectively

Yes it was

Yes it will be and on Saturday at Derby too perhaps

And yes it was :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

link

Now that's what I call clever plugging! Excellently done Martin.

blush.gif

Social source share

:shades: Sheesh, I saw Tommy Potts (hello lad) get near that ($500) for a lesser condition copy recently, so I figguuured ....I think a lot of people still dunno it well ennuff yet! I can say it is very rare,  I found 3 recently and that all in nearly 12 years or so of knowing bout' it! And I'm from L.a., the origin of its release! I filed one, and the other in on ebay right now, part of our ridiculous 600+ piece insanity. How was tha condition of your copy, and when did you flog it, Pete? I never saw it on ebay til Tommy's...I'm well please your happy, Lisa! Thanks again. Regards, Mr. Mike ph34r.gif

link

Mike, if I remember rightly...someone set up a website all about Rodd Keith and the songwriting/recording scams of the 60's, I think I originally downloaded it off there and then got in touch with someone connected to the site? I know it cost me, well, not much. I've never seen another one and I didn't even record the one I sold Andy so there aren't any dodgy copies emanating from me blush.gif

however, if that website is still up, the full version is on there along with a myriad of other weird and wonderful songs (it was like, send in your lyrics and we'll turn it into a song...for a small fee)

Social source share

OK well apologies, you know I have a bad memory for prices: however, I'd be very surprised if it were more than £200.  Was about 3 years ago I think wasn't it Andy?  Bloody nice copy though, can't remember how I came by it even.

link

Can remember you asking me about it Pete when you got it. Been a tape swapper track for years but never done owt dancefloor wise. Poor record IMO...the lyrics don't seem to go too well with the backing and no where near as strong as Like The Lord Said IMO.

Social source share

what a brilliant piece, thanks chalky

must say rodd keith (l t l s) is one of those records i have just never been able to get on with (can't even remember the gloria version though must have it on a tape somewhere) but still a really interesting read

shame the internet didn't happen 20 years earlier cos we'd be finding out a lot more about these people

Social source share

Source Advert