Soul Skirts For Sale?

Guest DANCER DI

Guest DANCER DI
:thumbsup: LISTED ON EBAY 2 NORTHERN SOUL SKIRTS, 1 @ £25, 1 @ £30, EBAY ID IS: gingertart61, if anyone interested in purchasing, please contact me via ebay site
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

biggrin.gif LISTED ON EBAY 2 NORTHERN SOUL SKIRTS, 1 @ £25, 1 @ £30, EBAY ID IS: gingertart61, if anyone interested in purchasing, please contact me via ebay site

Great record :thumbsup:

Social source share

Do you mean "circle skirts" ?,Northern soul skirts :thumbsup:

Cant even have a butchers cause i cant find em' how do you find em' to make two Tee Pee's for the kids.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Bloody circle skirts !!!!!!!!

If the birds were clued up they'd weigh the ends down so it looked great when they spin ,

End result ?

Guy dancing next to her gets cracked knuckles / marks to hands dancing next to her as skirt makes contact as she lands !!!

Happy days Warrington Parr Hall 1st Anniversary

And yes I bloody miss it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DANCER DI

:unsure: TO ALL YOU IDIOTS who made uncalled for comments?! .....people can wear what they like its their choice, if certain clothes make you feel good you wear em.....At least i dont sit like a wallflower all night !!! as i dare say alot of you do.....

Try watching the Old Wigan films etc....where true soulies & the clothing all began....

Half of you avent got a clue !!!

Edited by DANCER DI
Social source share

:wave: TO ALL YOU IDIOTS who made uncalled for comments?! .....people can wear what they like its their choice, if certain clothes make you feel good you wear em.....At least i dont sit like a wallflower all night !!! as i dare say alot of you do.....

Try watching the Old Wigan films etc....where true soulies & the clothing all began....

SORRY DI I WASNT IMPLYING THAT IT WAS OLD TAT!!!!! IT WAS THE OTHERS !!!!! :lol: ,

I THINK IT LOOKS GOOD!!!! AND IM GOING TO GET ME SOME BAG'S SOME TIME SOON...... :unsure:

Social source share

:lol: TO ALL YOU IDIOTS who made uncalled for comments?! .....people can wear what they like its their choice, if certain clothes make you feel good you wear em.....At least i dont sit like a wallflower all night !!! as i dare say alot of you do.....

Dont have too i was there sometimes :unsure: was you ?

Social source share

:lol: TO ALL YOU IDIOTS who made uncalled for comments?! .....people can wear what they like its their choice, if certain clothes make you feel good you wear em.....At least i dont sit like a wallflower all night !!! as i dare say alot of you do.....

Think some of the Torch/Cats/Wheel folk might disagree.

Stop being so touchy. :unsure: .Did you sell 'em?.

Social source share

:unsure: TO ALL YOU IDIOTS who made uncalled for comments?! .....people can wear what they like its their choice, if certain clothes make you feel good you wear em.....At least i dont sit like a wallflower all night !!! as i dare say alot of you do.....

well said dancer di , ive ordered my skirt i,m now a true soulie and ready to dance . at last i can where the skirt of my dreams . footsee yeah

Social source share

SORRY DI I WASNT IMPLYING THAT IT WAS OLD TAT!!!!! IT WAS THE OTHERS !!!!! :D ,

I THINK IT LOOKS GOOD!!!! AND IM GOING TO GET ME SOME BAG'S SOME TIME SOON...... :thumbsup:

ALRITE KEV,IF YOU KEEP GOING OUT ALL THE TIME THE BAGS WILL COME----YOU DO MEAN UNDER YOUR EYES AND NOT THEM KEGS WITH ENOUGH MATERIAL TOO CARPET YOUR HOUSE whistling.gif

Social source share

i have NEVER had a clue...............torch ...cats... wigan ...va va ......whitchurch ....torquey....only till 75..........then i dropped out and started wearing flared suits and round collared shirts........you didnt have to be a on the scene soulie to look daft laugh.gif still do...dont we ???????? whatever floats ya boat, ez :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dont have too i was there sometimes :thumbsup: was you ?

Exactly my thoughts! I would have classed myself a `true soulie` from 1974 onwards but bought my clothes from Birdcage and Image in Nottm at that time which was a shop with class and stuff cost a bit more there because they were not of the Chelsea Girl genre. So the clothes I wore were modern for the time but not full circle skirts with miles of yardage and 12 inch waistbands with hundreds of buttons on. BecauseI wore these clothes at Cleethorpes, Wigan, Palais/Bali Hai, Brit etc.etc. does this mean I was any less a `soulie` than someone who has picked up the scene from a few old films they`ve seen and copied what others wear because they are construed to be the new `in crowd`

Each to their own but I`ll stick with living in 2009 and not a distorted image of what is believed to be 1979!

Sharon

Social source share

Guest DANCER DI

Exactly my thoughts! I would have classed myself a `true soulie` from 1974 onwards but bought my clothes from Birdcage and Image in Nottm at that time which was a shop with class and stuff cost a bit more there because they were not of the Chelsea Girl genre. So the clothes I wore were modern for the time but not full circle skirts with miles of yardage and 12 inch waistbands with hundreds of buttons on. BecauseI wore these clothes at Cleethorpes, Wigan, Palais/Bali Hai, Brit etc.etc. does this mean I was any less a `soulie` than someone who has picked up the scene from a few old films they`ve seen and copied what others wear because they are construed to be the new `in crowd`

Each to their own but I`ll stick with living in 2009 and not a distorted image of what is believed to be 1979!

Sharon

Calm down old gal !!! ive read about you calling the bag lads CLOWN BRIGADE before.....Perhaps you should try wearing the soul clothing before you critisise !!! so why do youl like the soul music so much, that'll be a good one for you to answer......i cant wait!

Social source share

Guest DANCER DI

Calm down old gal !!! ive read about you calling the bag lads CLOWN BRIGADE before.....Perhaps you should try wearing the soul clothing before you critisise !!! so why do youl like the soul music so much, that'll be a good one for you to answer......i cant wait!

Oh & by the way ive been following & dancing to SOUL MUSIC since 1975, so its defo not from watching any old films etc.....ask Carl Piper? Im a genuine Soulie to the CORE !!!

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

each to their own, but what exactly is soul clothing? towards the end of wigan ,big bags were replaced by zoots which were funkier to wear,as styles changed.i'm 47 now, i'm gonna look pretty silly going to a venue in 40" bags nowadays tho. the clothing doesn't really matter does it? flat caps were the rage years ago,not gonna walk about looking like colin crompton just to look soulful!

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert