• Replies 88
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest OzGirl

Flo smogg as defo been on the Bay,remember Tats emailing the page too me,I said i didnt know the record then found the track on a compilation Lp i had..awesome tune Simon.

Agreed awesome tune...........whether it's been on ebay or not...........sorry not topical but just had to say!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest franky m

there was a Primers a month or so ago

The Primers sounds like a white garage band doing a third rate soul cover , why would any one want that , or am i missing something ?

Social source share

dont ever remember seeing a dynamic 3 on ebay ????

i recall there being one on ebay about 3 years. i take it you mean you said yeah on del val. it made around 2000 dollars.popsike dosent show all the expensive stuff. anthony and the delsonics has been on at least twice but no copies on popsike

dave

Social source share

I'd have thought a lot of the questions could be answered on Popsike???

So, is popsike the DEFINITIVE site on ebay sold records or is there another one?

if something shows up on popsike that means it HAS been on ebay.

if something does NOT show up on popsike it means nothing because popsike does not index all auctions.

so popsike cannot answer most of the questions here as to whether something has NOT shown up unless it shows up in popsike.

Social source share

Roy Roberts on Sugar?

Cole & The Grandeurs?

Profs?

Keith Curtiss?

Du-Shells?

cole and the grandures was on ebay at least twice. a new york sell-for-you-on-ebay place had it mint and it went for $750. Kevin Cox had a beat up copy recently, I was the high bidder for pretty low but didn't meet the reserve.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Roy Roberts on Sugar?

Cole & The Grandeurs?

Profs?

Keith Curtiss?

Du-Shells?

Anyone got a sound file of Cole & The Grandeurs?

Social source share

Anyone got a sound file of Cole & The Grandeurs?

it's cole and the grandures, , u-r-e-s

it's an early soul / doowop transitional thing, one side is more doowop and the other is northern-ish, always much better known to doowop collectors. it's not r&b-ish at all if that's what you were trying to find. it's a chicago record.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I think I can say with some confidence that "The Verdict" by Paul Kelly has never appeared on eBay. Or anywhere else other than Jeff Lemlich's house...

It was the first record I ever put in my 'Favourite Searches', towards the end of the last century, and it's still there...

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

it's cole and the grandures, , u-r-e-s

it's an early soul / doowop transitional thing, one side is more doowop and the other is northern-ish, always much better known to doowop collectors. it's not r&b-ish at all if that's what you were trying to find. it's a chicago record.

:P:thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The Upset has been on a couple of times, my mate got one off there two or three years ago.

Yes, sorry, "The Upset" it is, excuse my unintentional typo - but it hasn't been on eBay in the 10 years that I've been a member, sorry.

I have it in my favourite searches as "Paul Kelly Upset", "Paul Kelly 45" and just plain ol' "Paul Kelly", which means that I have to sift through hundreds of records by the Australian PK and untold copies of our one's common 45s every month. I can't possibly have missed it. Not a chance. And certainly not as recently as last November!!!

It's also not on Popsike, which is a good indication of its lack of eBay appearances (albeit not perhaps an infallible one, I grant you).

But if it's that common, perhaps someone will sell me one cheap?

Social source share

Yes, sorry, "The Upset" it is, excuse my unintentional typo - but it hasn't been on eBay in the 10 years that I've been a member, sorry.

I have it in my favourite searches as "Paul Kelly Upset", "Paul Kelly 45" and just plain ol' "Paul Kelly", which means that I have to sift through hundreds of records by the Australian PK and untold copies of our one's common 45s every month. I can't possibly have missed it. Not a chance. And certainly not as recently as last November!!!

It's also not on Popsike, which is a good indication of its lack of eBay appearances (albeit not perhaps an infallible one, I grant you).

it definitely was on recently, I think butch won a trashed copy recently, it went cheap and wouldn't be in popsike. I think it was a couple of months ago. It was a jamaican seller from florida. I'm sure I've seen it before too.

Social source share

You haven't been looking hard enough. It is as rare as hens teeth Tony granted but I promise you a mate of mine has had one maybe two off e-bay. I distinctly remember the first about 3 years ago cause I'd just saved all the relevant places to look on e-bay in his bookmarks, that night one of the first he found was Paul Kelly. I think he has had another since plus the one to another buyer on just recently.

Social source share

Guest Mr Smith

Yep, been on a fair few of times.

Dianne Elliott - when he speaks on New Horizon.. don't think this has surfaced on ebay yet???
Social source share

i cannot remember any usa copys of move on up,curtis mayfield on e-bay,seen a few uk copys on e-bay, :thumbsup::lol:

yep, I've had both from ebay. I've still got a big list that I've not yet spotted on there, pat lewis - no one to love spring to mind

best part of 10 years looking too.. :no:

hey-ho.

Jayne.x

Social source share

yep, I've had both from ebay. I've still got a big list that I've not yet spotted on there, pat lewis - no one to love spring to mind

best part of 10 years looking too.. :thumbsup:

hey-ho.

Jayne.x

brad hales was one of the people that sold the pat lewis on ebay

Social source share

Sorry Tony...it was on ebay about 8 weeks ago and was a pretty mashed copy. I booked marked it myself. A certain well known UK DJ/collector/dealer got it pretty cheap.

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert