Tunes That Have Never Been On Ebay

Boogaloo

Apart from one off acetates I believe that our ´rare´ soul scene isn´t as rare as we might think. Some rare tunes seem to come up every week (with the appropriate rare soul price, I might add). Some of the cheapies on my wants list never seem to come up so does that make them rare.

Anyway, I´ve been scratching my head to think of tunes that have never been listed for sale on ebay. The only one I can think of is Little Tommy on Gogate. Any others?

Social source share

• Replies 88
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i suppose it depends on how long yourve been looking/buying on ebay, one 45 ive never seen in 5yrs of browsing/buying of

ebay which ive had for years brought of anglo american;

THE MONTCLAIRS - COME ON AND HOLD ME - UI

never seen another copy plus doesnt show up on popsike. john manship still rates this as a £75 record

harder to locate than "hey you" and better imo

russ

Social source share

Apart from one off acetates I believe that our ´rare´ soul scene isn´t as rare as we might think. Some rare tunes seem to come up every week (with the appropriate rare soul price, I might add). Some of the cheapies on my wants list never seem to come up so does that make them rare.

Anyway, I´ve been scratching my head to think of tunes that have never been listed for sale on ebay. The only one I can think of is Little Tommy on Gogate. Any others?

tons of oddball unknown records have never been on ebay. in terms of big chicago records, i have never seen the cods - she's fire, combinations - whatcha gonna do, deltours, admirations on peaches, etc. someone in another thread said they saw the admirations but I haven't seen it.

Social source share

tons of oddball unknown records have never been on ebay. in terms of big chicago records, i have never seen the cods - she's fire, combinations - whatcha gonna do, deltours, admirations on peaches, etc. someone in another thread said they saw the admirations but I haven't seen it.

I think the Deltours has been on and the seller is an American who sometimes comes on here, he must have had 2 cos JM auctioned one for him also I think

Social source share

Guest biggray1

I thought the Go-Gate stuff went cheap on gemm Warren ?

Never seen a Flo Smogg on ebay , I think theres quite a few that have nver made it on there smile.gif

Flo smogg as defo been on the Bay,remember Tats emailing the page too me,I said i didnt know the record then found the track on a compilation Lp i had..awesome tune Simon.

Social source share

Guest east rob

That has definitely been on Ebay at least once as I was 2nd highest bidder :lol:

It was a long time ago tho and I completey forgot about it until your post... laugh.gif

cant say i,ve seen an al williams on ebay.. :lol:

Social source share

Don't remember seeing :

Del-Larks - job opening

Johnny Honeycutt

Little Stanley - Out of sight loving

Leonard Jewell on Teri De

Groovers on Teri De

Young Brothers

Little Stanley..... :D ...... :thumbsup: .......on a buy it now.....went to a good friend of mine. Green with envy.

Social source share

I don't think I've seen Esther Grant or Elaine Jones and the Tridells on E-bay??

Social source share

Hi everyone got a 45 by choclate balloon company called little girl I love you so on a label called choclate balloon herd sombody put one up fore sle on ebay but withdrew it. Its a nice crossover toon anybody got any info on the 45 I would love to here it happy new year to all members thanks Nigel.

Social source share

Guest rushden

Any one seen a Chuck Henley brocken heart slowly get a few on the floor down under in Brisvegas

happy new year from a steaming hot oz best John

Social source share

The problem with your question can be summed up in one word . . . . . . I

I have never seen . . .

I have never heard of . . .

It's quite possible that every record ever made has been listed on eBay at one time or another. A possibility that cannot be refuted because nobody has ever seen everything that has been listed on eBay.

So, the question is mute and hardly worth pursuing.

Sorry to be a killjoy. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest john s

I have never seen . . .

It's quite possible that every record ever made has been listed on eBay at one time or another. A possibility that cannot be refuted because nobody has ever seen everything that has been listed on eBay.

"Moot".

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot_point

Social source share

I have never seen . . .

Nah, not at all. One of the points of this thread was that some records that are deemed to be rare seem to spring up very regularly as has been discovered with some of the tunes listed in other posts.

Social source share

Guest rushden

Lots of heavy duty stuff goes through ebay unseen by most of us....put in the wrong listing. And I've heard of some incredible bargains as "buy it know"....never had any misen though. :thumbsup: Also some of the big cover up's that go to the well informed....

Had a few including 2 copies of moments on deep 3 yrs back for 9.99 & 50 us fair dinkum best for me have be the paris acetates for 1000us us bidders only sure glad i had a us ebay account best John melting down under

Social source share

Nah, not at all. One of the points of this thread was that some records that are deemed to be rare seem to spring up very regularly as has been discovered with some of the tunes listed in other posts.

That's true. Point well made if not well taken. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Terry Goodnight, Inticers, Deltours, Walter & The Admirations, Milton James...they haven`t been on ebay so far. Have the Tranells ? Only remember seeing the white bootleg on ebay.

But Marc, HOW do you KNOW they haven't appeared on eBay? Ever?

Social source share

But Marc, HOW do you KNOW they haven't appeared on eBay? Ever?

I guess by trying to do do what we all try to do, keeping track and spending several hrs there every day LOL. But as said by others already and as is proven by Tony Smith` one post earlier, it IS IMPOSSIBLE to see everything that goes up there.

I think thats what makes this thread so interesting IMO.

You live and learn, don`t you :thumbsup: ?

Marc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert