Birder66

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What's a good price for this tune nowadays? What other cuts are there to this killer backing track?

I'm in female vocal mood - Esther Phillips (Just Say goodbye) and Lilian Dupree (Shield around my heart) are going round and round in my head.....

Tobi Lark - Challenge My Love - Topper holds the same backing track as Monique.

Regards and Happy Christmas - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Regards and Happy Christmas - Mark Bicknell.

wow, I never knew that. the tobi lark is a detroit record, i wonder what the detroit-chicago connection was or if monique was somehow from detroit.

Social source share

Great record that mark and the other side "Sweep It Out In The Shed" aint too bad either!

As to the original question re Monique, can't say I've seen it listed recently but JM's sez £500 and I'd be suprised if you'd get any change from that for a minter.

According to Popsike last one went for $565 last year (US seller) but it was only in VG condition!

Top choon by the way :lol:

Edited by Stubbsy
Social source share

wow, I never knew that. the tobi lark is a detroit record, i wonder what the detroit-chicago connection was or if monique was somehow from detroit.

Also the flip of Monique "Never Let Me Go" utilizes another Topper backing track Dottie & Millie "Nothing In the World", I thought maybe something would have come to light by now, alas not.

Social source share

Great record that mark and the other side "Sweep It Out In The Shed" aint too bad either!

As to the original question re Monique, can't say I've seen it listed recently but JM's sez £500 and I'd be suprised if you'd get any change from that for a minter.

According to Popsike last one went for $565 last year (US seller) but it was only in VG condition!

Top choon by the way :lol:

Which must make a minter around £600 - £800.

Social source share

Pretty sure that Dave Hamilton said he didn't know how Monique came to use his backing track. Will have to re-read the kent sleeve notes.

Social source share

"Sweep It Out In The Shed" has seen some well deserved dance floor action over the last 2/3 years even at oldies nights

It got a fair bit of action back in Allanton as well I think Ted, Alan Walls or Andy Dennison being the likely culprits I seem to remember, am I the only one in liking this side better (despite me playing the other side) due to Monique just being so much better than TL for me.

Social source share

Pretty sure that Dave Hamilton said he didn't know how Monique came to use his backing track. Will have to re-read the kent sleeve notes.

I think you are right Chalky. Joe Moorhouse asked Dave Hamilton about this several years ago and was surprised to learn that he knew nothing about the Monique release nor how his tracks ended up in Chicago. Skulduggery?

Social source share

It got a fair bit of action back in Allanton as well I think Ted, Alan Walls or Andy Dennison being the likely culprits I seem to remember, am I the only one in liking this side better (despite me playing the other side) due to Monique just being so much better than TL for me.

Sweep it out the shed the side for me :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Always liked the colored 'un best.

One of my most treasured 45's. Paid £500 for a stone minter several years back, would never sell it.

Gotta be may fave femme vocal of all time! yes.gif

post-1355-1230318634_thumb.jpg

post-1355-1230318655_thumb.jpg

Anyone ever seen a demo???

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Is there a copy with a duff side?

yes this one NEVER LET ME GO / I WOULDN'T BELIEVE

True. IYLMSM always has NLMG on the flip, but NLMG also came out with a duff b side!

Talking of top class-female vocal-double siders, Monique must be the best, IMHO, but running it a close race has gotta be..

Ruby-Feminine ingenuity/Deceived

Dena Barnes-If you ever walk/Who am I?

Both stonking girly double sided dynamite! yes.gif

Social source share

according to jm`s new book monique and TL are both £500 ohmy.gif . id av thought monique more than that and TL less. rivetting reading anyway with a few suprises on the way :lol:

dave

You should get at least 2 Tobi Larks for that!

The gold Monique I would rate at £800.

The coloured one, I sold for £500 last year, remember the fuss?

Social source share

I'm sure I remember an S.S. member from Sweden on here, saying that they had a few copies of the gold Monique.....it was a long time ago like..... unsure.gif ....Sebastian????

Social source share

as our bri said we seem to have come across more gold copies. i think ive only seen 3 pink and white copies, none of them mint.i think you`d get the same no matter the label design

dave

Social source share

*ahem* :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert