Have I Lost My Soul

Guest rikerliker

Guest rikerliker

i hadn,t been to a soul do for a while and decided to go to the mini all nighter in leicester and although i knew a few people and most of the sounds i felt for the first time ever that i didn,t belong . i didn,t feel like a dance and after a while said my goodbyes and went home. this is after 30 years of loving northern does anyone else ever feel like this or is it time to pack it all in?

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i hadn,t been to a soul do for a while and decided to go to the mini all nighter in leicester and although i knew a few people and most of the sounds i felt for the first time ever that i didn,t belong . i didn,t feel like a dance and after a while said my goodbyes and went home. this is after 30 years of loving northern does anyone else ever feel like this or is it time to pack it all in?

No.Have a break.You've got a case of the Christmas Blues............Next!.

Social source share

A good shag 'll probably sort you out. laugh.gif

Kev

Social source share

laugh.gif:thumbup::boxing: .......No, but on a more serious note I think we all have days/nights like that. Usually happens to me in conjunction with selling off records I've had for 25years so I buy some more. Shopping therapy is not the sole domain of the female species as we well know.

Also has helped when I've jumped on a train or scrounged a lift to a venue I've never been to before...it sorta freshens things up and you'd be suprised at the peeps you'll know once you get there.

Another tip.......go back and listen to some great Motown records. Recharge your batteries.

It's like if you LOVE eating meat & potato pie chips and gravy and you have it every weekend for 30years you're bound to get an odd chippy you don't like or a flush of indigestion.

I feel for you and hope you're smiling again soon.

Try some of the above......If that doesn't work try my first suggestion.

Regards Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

laugh.gif:thumbup::boxing: .......No, but on a more serious note I think we all have days/nights like that. Usually happens to me in conjunction with selling off records I've had for 25years so I buy some more. Shopping therapy is not the sole domain of the female species as we well know.

Also has helped when I've jumped on a train or scrounged a lift to a venue I've never been to before...it sorta freshens things up and you'd be suprised at the peeps you'll know once you get there.

Another tip.......go back and listen to some great Motown records. Recharge your batteries.

It's like if you LOVE eating meat & potato pie chips and gravy and you have it every weekend for 30years you're bound to get an odd chippy you don't like or a flush of indigestion.

I feel for you and hope you're smiling again soon.

Try some of the above......If that doesn't work try my first suggestion.

Regards Kev

don't try and renege on an offer Kev :wicked: ,its in writing.

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

No what he means bout things gettin a bit stale when your at soul nites week in week out year in year out,try this for a cure.Last nite at dj,d for 7 hours in a town centre club [on mad fri],there were over 700 in and there were 700 drunk very very very drunk.We played everything from tom jones to the sex pistols[it was a request],we had 4 or 5 scuffles and i got very drunk[i had to] no matter how stale the soul scene appears at times we should thank our lucky stars we are part of it thumbsup.gif .

Social source share

Guest rikerliker

this is the weird thing i don,t go week in week out i only go a few times a year because of work etc but i really reaaly felt like i didn't belong i felt like an outsider. never ever felt like this it,s WEIRD!!!!! sad.gif

Social source share

this is the weird thing i don,t go week in week out i only go a few times a year because of work etc but i really reaaly felt like i didn't belong i felt like an outsider. never ever felt like this it,s WEIRD!!!!! :(

Why did you feel like an outsider?

Were you somewhere you didn't know anyone?

Or at a club where you do know people?

If it's the first one then maybe there's your answer.

If it's the second maybe you want to f*** all those ignorant twats off and go somewhere where the people are more friendly :)

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

What do you expect, "mini allnighter" get a life !! :)

TELL IT LIKE IT IS KEN :( Could be worse RL you could be fooking banned like I am and its fooking killing me. Burnley tonight and I cant go!!!!!!!!!

Sick as fook RICK

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Think the problem was, with it being a Mini Nighter

you didnt quite live up to your Signature and went

a little light on the old Pro-Plus :thumbsup:

Then did a Rita Da Costa and an early Lou Pride :D:lol:

Social source share

Think you need a decent full-length niter plus three hours of saucy Sunday morning speedsex when you get home. Give that Kev Moore a ring, I've heard he's good.

My fave post of the year :lol: .

Don't know about the Kev Moore bit,other than he was offering . :P

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Yeah I felt identical to that last time I went to Stoke - it was then I knew I'd had enough.

Social source share

Yeah I felt identical to that last time I went to Stoke - it was then I knew I'd had enough.

Felt the same when i went to the 100 club this year , nice to see folks, music was great but just didn't feel part of it anymore.

Derek

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Think you need a decent full-length niter plus three hours of saucy Sunday morning speedsex when you get home. Give that Kev Moore a ring, I've heard he's good.

ONLY THREE HOURS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIGHTWEIGHT :thumbsup:

Social source share

Only just reading this thread.

We all started out going to and enjoying Northern, but after a while some of us moved on. Maybe you need to try Crossover or, heaven forbid! modern. There are still sounds out there other than Northern that can lift your spirit and rejuvenate your soul, where you are lost in the moment. You never know you might like it.

Hope you find your "soul" again

Derbyshire Bint

Social source share

Guest familytree

Only just reading this thread.

We all started out going to and enjoying Northern, but after a while some of us moved on. Maybe you need to try Crossover or, heaven forbid! modern. There are still sounds out there other than Northern that can lift your spirit and rejuvenate your soul, where you are lost in the moment. You never know you might like it.

Hope you find your "soul" again

Derbyshire Bint

I agree 'a change is as good as a rest' though you say you hadnt been out for a while so perhaps thats not the problem, perhaps it was the venue? I have been to some nights that have left me very depressed, the punters look so sad and serious... like nothing has changed since they went when they were young and that in itself makes me feel depressed. We all love the music we grew up with that will never leave us and we still enjoy hearing it out now but have to take it with a light heart IMO... you can never lose your soul by the way so dont worry too much, it may be just looking for stimulation?... is that were kev Moore comes in again?! ha xx

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

You could always try crossing over to the dark side :yes: get a bit of dirty filthly RnB in ya veins. rolleyes.gif check out market harborough dos, it gets played there and it aint far from Leicester....Andy.

Edited by kid mohair
Social source share

When I hit times like this it helps to think of the alternatives

Stop in with the wife & watch the Telly :g:

Go to the local with bingo & sticky fingers :no::(

Try harder, my friend, Try harder :ohmy:

I understood / understand the " bingo " part , but please enlighten me about the " SF " :D .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert