arnie j

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

does anyone remember this tune at stafford ? brill tune, was it jesse davies-girl ? or was that a cover up name ? was played by keb, any info greatly appreciated, bet chalky would know

cheers

jason

He used to play a tune called 'Girl Girl Girl' by Danny Harrison on Coral, might be that?

Social source share

He used to play a tune called 'Girl Girl Girl' by Danny Harrison on Coral, might be that?

dont think its that one bud, got it on a tape and cd me mate sent me and he says its jesse davies(davis ?) girl before he plays it, would put a sound file up but dont no how

Social source share

Dont know who played it , but are you thinkin of 'Gonna hang on in there, girl ' Jesse Davis on ERA

no bud, deffo not that one,keb introduced it as jesse davies-girl, theres a great sax break in the middle, you girl, why do u treat me like u do, do do do doo, i might hurt hurt myself or i might cry, oh girl, then girl backing singers

Social source share

no bud, deffo not that one,keb introduced it as jesse davies-girl, theres a great sax break in the middle, you girl, why do u treat me like u do, do do do doo, i might hurt hurt myself or i might cry, oh girl, then girl backing singers

That's Danny Harrison

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

thats the beauty !! cheers chalky, thought u would know, thaanks to the guy who said it was this too, soz for the confusion, bloody cover ups, is it a hard one and how much these days ?

:ohmy: jms 5th edition quotes 75 dj 100 quid issue thats just a guide price try andy dyson he may have a copy good hunting for it regards john"o"

Social source share

you should be able to pick a copy up for about 50 quid but they dont come about often, i played this out a few times lately and alsways got interest from the crowd, great horns intro :lol:

Social source share

well done chalky.just found out how to make a playlist.

i think ive added that record to it. my older sister used to play this type of stuff to me,wen i was a sprogg,early 60s. but the cow wont let me near em.

anyway would you no ov a copy ov "I can,t find nobody to love me" Lenny Williams. hopefuly no silly prices.

sorry m8,forgot 2 put me nerm,,cheers BURT.

(im gettin better couldn,t spell it after Burnley)

Social source share

thanks mate, could go to bout £45 at the mo, anyone sellin at that price let me know please

it's 50 quid max for a demo, issue much harder (and dearer). I sold a demo earlier this year for 40 quid but took some time to flog it, not really an in demand tune IMO...

Social source share

Guest Craig A Butler

Jim Nabbie Look here girl RPI

Midtempo track which I think was c/u as Jesse Davis, although not sure if it was a Keb spin.

It was George Sharp who played Jim Nabbie.

Not bad for a white bloke - that's Jim & George.

ATB, Craig

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

It was George Sharp who played Jim Nabbie.

Not bad for a white bloke - that's Jim & George.

ATB, Craig

post-4570-1229696050.jpg

Jim Nabbie with Deek Watson's Ink Spots

I allways believed The Jim Nabbie "look here girl" was the guy from the ink spots and defo black?

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Is he white? Sounds white ..

post-4570-1229701133_thumb.jpg

The second or middle version of "The Count Victors" , Bob Dixon - bass, Terry Lathangue - drums, Danny Harrison - lead guitar and vocals and Freddie Munro, rhythm guitar, piano and vocals 1959 to 1961.

If this is the same guy :lol: .................yes he is white :(

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert