Xmas Quiz

Jez Jones

Just sitting here after being somewhat bored by a works xmas quiz. No disrepect to the organiser --he did a cracking job but couldn't get me head round it :D .

So I hid behind my screen and did some internet hopping on soul music :D

Anyway I came across a few versions of 'Open the door to your heart'. I was aware of a couple

How many can you name :D

Social source share

• Replies 41
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just sitting here after being somewhat bored by a works xmas quiz. No disrepect to the organiser --he did a cracking job but couldn't get me head round it :D .

So I hid behind my screen and did some internet hopping on soul music :D

Anyway I came across a few versions of 'Open the door to your heart'. I was aware of a couple

How many can you name :D

Loads but at work.

Little Milton to kick off.

Social source share

has anyone got any info on 'Open the Door to your Heart' Sight and Sound Fontana UK?

Thanks Kev

Kev

Can't find 'owt on OTDTYH--but

APRIL 1968

FONTANA TF927

A SIDE-------EBENEZER

B SIDE-----OUR LOVE IS IN THE POCKET! :thumbup:

another one of darrells classics :lol: and JJ's and Amen Corner and....... ARRRRRRRRGH. Not doing another :ohmy:

Social source share

Kev

Can't find 'owt on OTDTYH--but

APRIL 1968

FONTANA TF927

A SIDE-------EBENEZER

B SIDE-----OUR LOVE IS IN THE POCKET! :P

That's probably what I'm thinking of. Sometimes my brain works faster/slower than it should.

Hi Jez

I have a copy of the sight and Sound record which is an interesting version though I know nothing of the band or any of the members.

Couldn't replace the Detroit ones though. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Yes mate I haven't a clue about the sight and sound band meslf. Possibly a Liverpool group from the mid 60's but don't quote me on it

On the OTDTYH thingy--i was always a Darrell or Jackie fan--and had forgotten about Doni Burdick, but listening to Na Allen and especially the Little Willie G versions they run them pretty close rolleyes.gif

tell yer what Kev ,if all those posted are correct then 20 different versions of it must be some sort of record(scuse the pun) for a northern track :unsure:

Although someone is bound to come up with something to beat it :P

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

Yes mate I haven't a clue about the sight and sound band meslf. Possibly a Liverpool group from the mid 60's but don't quote me on it

On the OTDTYH thingy--i was always a Darrell or Jackie fan--and had forgotten about Doni Burdick, but listening to Na Allen and especially the Little Willie G versions they run them pretty close rolleyes.gif

tell yer what Kev ,if all those posted are correct then 20 different versions of it must be some sort of record(scuse the pun) for a northern track :D

Although someone is bound to come up with something to beat it :P

Top tune and deserves to be covered. By the way on the CD R&B of Donnie Elbert in the sleeve notes it does say that he wrote OTDTYH as well as Somebody Somewhere Needs You. Don't know if it's right or not.?????

Kev :unsure:

Social source share

Top tune and deserves to be covered. By the way on the CD R&B of Donnie Elbert in the sleeve notes it does say that he wrote OTDTYH as well as Somebody Somewhere Needs You. Don't know if it's right or not.?????

Kev :P

Good ole Donnie hey . Wonder what link he had with darell and was darrells the first to be recorded :unsure: . Anyway without double checking I am sure on the UK stateside release of DB it says the title is 'Open the Door of your heart unsure.gif

I wonder if Donnie Elbert wrote it he also did a version that would be 21 :D:)

Social source share

Good ole Donnie hey . Wonder what link he had with darell and was darrells the first to be recorded :lol: . Anyway without double checking I am sure on the UK stateside release of DB it says the title is 'Open the Door of your heart :)

I wonder if Donnie Elbert wrote it he also did a version that would be 21 :ohmy::ohmy:

Only on the demos I think-that's why they were pulled o.r re-printed. Mine ddefinately says of your heart. NOT THAT IT MATTERS MUCH JUST AN INTERESTING FACT.

Kev :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert