Mario Bondi & High Five Quintet This Is What You Are

perux

EXCLUSIVE

JUST GOT THE UK DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS FOR THE UK AND ISLAND RELEASE TO THIS FUTURE MONSTER SOUL 45.

RELEASE DATE IS 01/02/09 SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STOCKING QUANTITY PM ME ...

ALSO I HAVE 100 PROMOS THAT I WILL BE LANDING IN THE UK NEXT WEEK SO PM ME TO RESERVE AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY 100 EVER MADE SO WILL BE A FUTURE RARITY..........

ALSO ON THE B SIDE IS I CAN'T KEEP FROM CRYING SOMETIMES

REGARDS PERU

post-13571-1229468333_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

EXCLUSIVE

JUST GOT THE UK DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS FOR THE UK AND ISLAND RELEASE TO THIS FUTURE MONSTER SOUL 45.

RELEASE DATE IS 01/02/09 SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STOCKING QUANTITY PM ME ...

ALSO I HAVE 100 PROMOS THAT I WILL BE LANDING IN THE UK NEXT WEEK SO PM ME TO RESERVE AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY 100 EVER MADE SO WILL BE A FUTURE RARITY..........

REGARDS PERU

Bloody hell...............I was the last person in the world to discover this, spent a fair while sourcing the original 12"............then bugger me a re-release !!!............second time this has happened to me in as many months..........great tune, good luck with this, I'll now file my copy.

Russ

Social source share

EXCLUSIVE

REGARDS PERU

What's the version of "I can't keep from crying sometimes"? is it a remake by Mario Bondi or is it the brilliant Dierdre Wilson Tabac version?

Jordi

Social source share

What's the version of "I can't keep from crying sometimes"? is it a remake by Mario Bondi or is it the brilliant Dierdre Wilson Tabac version?

Jordi

Mario Biondi does a version on his 'Handful of Soul' album so I would guess it would be that (it's pretty good too IMO :wave: )

Social source share

EXCLUSIVE

REGARDS PERU

Hi Peru

Is it the 12" 'Was A Bee' version or is it the Mario Bionde solo CD version?

PLMK

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Peru

Is it the 12" 'Was A Bee' version or is it the Mario Bionde solo CD version?

PLMK

Cheers

Steve

Steve, there is a Mario Biondi 12" version too, not just CD. Ineresting actually, as only on Sunday when I played it on Mick Farrer's boat doo on the Thames, my mate saw the sleeve of it sticking out of my record box and said "you bastard...you got that?" Now he doesn't miss too much like this, and now you seem unaware of it, so is it less known than the Was-A-Bee or Mario Biondi CD version????

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Steve, there is a Mario Biondi 12" version too, not just CD. Ineresting actually, as only on Sunday when I played it on Mick Farrer's boat doo on the Thames, my mate saw the sleeve of it sticking out of my record box and said "you bastard...you got that?" Now he doesn't miss too much like this, and now you seem unaware of it, so is it less known than the Was-A-Bee or Mario Biondi CD version????

Cheers,

Mark R

Hiya Mark

Yes I was aware of the MB 12" (even though i do only have the Was A Bee 12" & MB CD meself)

Should have said - Is it the Was A Bee feat Mario Bionde version OR the solo Mario Bionde version? tongue.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

With respect, this is nothing more than a mildly pleasant easy listening lounge jazz tune from a guy that comes across as an Italian spaghetti western equivalent of Tom Waits.

Couldn't possibly call this a "soul" record .... or see any relevance to it appearing on Soul Source ???

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

EXCLUSIVE

REGARDS PERU

Social source share

Should these 100 promo copy's be sold like this?

If there's only 100 promo copy's as you state & you're selling them for a tenner each how is the 7" release going to get any actual promotion.

Thought the whole idea of promo copy's was to distribute them to folks like DJ's, radio stations, shops etc to actually promote the official release & not to be sold to collectors.

Not only that but never known an artist get a fee for promo copy's.

Not a personal dig at you as have said this on here before about other so called promo's/demo's (don't need to name them as folks know who I mean) & also not a dig at the record as it's a great track & have been playing out the 12" version for a while now.

Just like to see artists getting what's due to them.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

With respect, this is nothing more than a mildly pleasant easy listening lounge jazz tune from a guy that comes across as an Italian spaghetti western equivalent of Tom Waits.

Couldn't possibly call this a "soul" record .... or see any relevance to it appearing on Soul Source ???

For God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole soul scene has diversified, i see it as an elastic band that can be stretched to allow differing sounds to played under the umbrella of "Soul". I never saw "Don't Pity Me" as a soul record but i felt it belonged in the soul scene of my youth. Soul Source itself covers a range of musical genres.Ska, Reggae, Jazz, Latin etc and more power to it. So i for one don't see the relevance of your post.

Brett Franklin

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

AND THE WINNER OF SOUL SOURCES 2008 POINTLESS POST IS................

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Should these 100 promo copy's be sold like this?

If there's only 100 promo copy's as you state & you're selling them for a tenner each how is the 7" release going to get any actual promotion.

Thought the whole idea of promo copy's was to distribute them to folks like DJ's, radio stations, shops etc to actually promote the official release & not to be sold to collectors.

Not only that but never known an artist get a fee for promo copy's.

Not a personal dig at you as have said this on here before about other so called promo's/demo's (don't need to name them as folks know who I mean) & also not a dig at the record as it's a great track & have been playing out the 12" version for a while now.

Just like to see artists getting what's due to them.

You wanna' watch that "High Horse" Cunnie old boy, it's a long drop to the floor.................

Social source share

Bit like Paul Anka - Len Barry - Frankie Valli - Danny Wagner - Freddie Chavez - Dana Valery - Timi Yuro etc. etc. ..............................as you say no relevance at all to soul music - but bloody good nonetheless!!

Social source share

last 10 copys left thanks to all for supporting this fantastic record .

and reply to people who think this is a bad way to sell promos, i think its the fairest way so everyone has a fair chance... love to all the little and big djs you all count in my book merry christmas

Not very fair on the person who matters the most though - Mario Biondi.

Now that you have sold all the promo's it means the record will get no promotion whatsoever to a mainstream audience as all the promo's are now tucked away in collectors record boxes.

Totally agree with you that it is a fantastic record & if a more mainstream audience had heard it I'm sure it would have sold reasonably well but now they won't get the chance as the mainstream media have no copies.

Will Mario Biondi be getting a percentage of the sales from these promo's ?

Social source share

Not very fair on the person who matters the most though - Mario Biondi.

Now that you have sold all the promo's it means the record will get no promotion whatsoever to a mainstream audience as all the promo's are now tucked away in collectors record boxes.

Totally agree with you that it is a fantastic record & if a more mainstream audience had heard it I'm sure it would have sold reasonably well but now they won't get the chance as the mainstream media have no copies.

Will Mario Biondi be getting a percentage of the sales from these promo's ?

Sold a lot on the modern dance scene already - the record is about 4 years old & has had many remixes & issues particularly in the last eighteen months,

Social source share

Mario Bondi is in good hands it would seem and quite rightly so, so no worries there then.

I have been spinning this since 2004 (Was a Bee version) Purchaced from Crazy Beat Records.

I have also reserved a 7" demo but rest assured it will still be getting massive spins from me.

As for going Mainstream by being played by i assume Mainstream DJ's when were they ever responsible for making the music WE love Mainstream hits? The reason this record is being disscussed on here in the first place i believe is because it was heard played out at some of our soul venues and also at a weekender not mainstream radio, i would have thought Mainstream radio has had ample time to spin it by now what with all the different releases /mixes being made available over the last 4 years, obviously does not fit in their play list (Too good and not commercial drival)

When you go back a few years to the rare occasions that "Northern Soul" made the charts (Then removed because they were classed as reginal hits) They only charted because of being played on the "Northern Scene" NOT Mainstream radio.

When the Trammps made the charts with "Hold back the night" again The "Northern Soul" scene gave them a HIT record here in the UK and elsewhere too, more power to their elbow, this as Malc Burton will back me up has been disscussed on here many times befor.

Social source share

Mario Bondi is in good hands it would seem and quite rightly so, so no worries there then.

I have been spinning this since 2004 (Was a Bee version) Purchaced from Crazy Beat Records.

I have also reserved a 7" demo but rest assured it will still be getting massive spins from me.

As for going Mainstream by being played by i assume Mainstream DJ's when were they ever responsible for making the music WE love Mainstream hits? The reason this record is being disscussed on here in the first place i believe is because it was heard played out at some of our soul venues and also at a weekender not mainstream radio, i would have thought Mainstream radio has had ample time to spin it by now what with all the different releases /mixes being made available over the last 4 years, obviously does not fit in their play list (Too good and not commercial drival)

When you go back a few years to the rare occasions that "Northern Soul" made the charts (Then removed because they were classed as reginal hits) They only charted because of being played on the "Northern Scene" NOT Mainstream radio.

When the Trammps made the charts with "Hold back the night" again The "Northern Soul" scene gave them a HIT record here in the UK and elsewhere too, more power to their elbow, this as Malc Burton will back me up has been disscussed on here many times befor.

just a thought. played was a bee myself at my club four years ago , got told whats this crap . now same folk asking for it . ?

Social source share

mario bondi is being paid royalties for every record even the promos contact him and ask him yourself this is a 100% legal

You would appear to be little touchy on the subject , judging by the size of the font used ........

Is the record licenced from Schema in Milan ? and if so , what are the contractural dictates by Schema in respect of the UK distribution of / for the recording - and more so , the promotion of it ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

brilliant tune...been growing in popularity for a while, like the records with the greatest longevity always have done

whenever i've played it it's only had a positive response and people have asked me where they can get it from (schema site if you can speak italiano....LOL!)

well done for putting it out on a seven peru

and what's this about it being jazz and out of place? night of the wolf, soul source, the bottle...they were some of the tunes that turned me on to the uniqueness of the northern scene in the seventies

PS: when are we gonna see some more glen anthony henry material? one of the albums of the year for me thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Cheers fella for the pat on the back and there will be some great new tunes coming out in the new year

Merry Christmas

peru

brilliant tune...been growing in popularity for a while, like the records with the greatest longevity always have done

whenever i've played it it's only had a positive response and people have asked me where they can get it from (schema site if you can speak italiano....LOL!)

well done for putting it out on a seven peru

and what's this about it being jazz and out of place? night of the wolf, soul source, the bottle...they were some of the tunes that turned me on to the uniqueness of the northern scene in the seventies

PS: when are we gonna see some more glen anthony henry material? one of the albums of the year for me :(

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Cheers fella for the pat on the back and there will be some great new tunes coming out in the new year

Merry Christmas

peru

you are welcome my friend....credit where credit's due

this is a bit tidy too:

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwzdm9Z_wM (sweet vandals live)

all in all, think you've had a damn good year - so merry christmas to you too and here's to a good new one, lookin forward to what you've got comin up :(

Social source share

Always thought the general consensus was that the northern scene never at any time - even at its peak - alone had the numbers to put a record in the UK charts?

Chart commentators have long said that the likes of R Dean Taylor, The Tams, Archie Bell & Drells etc only made it into the charts when youth club DJs and non-strictly soul discos up and down the country picked them up, is that not right?

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

GOT BOTH MY 12'S, MARIO & WAS A BEE, FROM SCHEMA RECORDS IN ITALY, DONT KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY LEFT BUT IF YOU WANT AN ORIGINAL TRY THEM,

PLAYING MINE TONITE AT THE SWALLOW IN GATESHEAD, BEEN PLAYING IT , ABOUT 3-4 YEARS NOW, STARTED PLAYING ,WAS A BEE, THEN WENT ON TO MARIO, NOT A LOT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO VERSIONS IN MY OPINION.. BUT MARIO IS THE BETTER..

BOB...

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert