100% Proof Aged In Soul

Julianb

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Question - is their 'Don't you wake me' an LP track only, and if so can you let me have the title, number etc? ( It's for 'er indoors :lol: )

TIA

Julian

Yes Julian - it is LP only - and its on the scarcest of their albums called simply "100 Proof" Hot Wax HA 712 from 1972.

The track also gained release, early 90's, on a 45 on the Sophisto-Soul label - listed as being by Chuck Barrino - but the record is identical.

When the Acetate was found and played, nobody knew at the time, for sure, who it was and word had it that the artist was one of the Barrino Brothers - hence it was played as 'Chuck Barrino' and pressed on the 45 as such.

Soon after, we realised it was LP only and featured the magnificent vocal of the one and only Steve Mancha!

An absolutely awesome record. Your lady has great taste!

Good luck.

:P

Sean

Social source share

Yes Julian - it is LP only - and its on the scarcest of their albums called simply "100 Proof" Hot Wax HA 712 from 1972.

The track also gained release, early 90's, on a 45 on the Sophisto-Soul label - listed as being by Chuck Barrino - but the record is identical.

When the Acetate was found and played, nobody knew at the time, for sure, who it was and word had it that the artist was one of the Barrino Brothers - hence it was played as 'Chuck Barrino' and pressed on the 45 as such.

Soon after, we realised it was LP only and featured the magnificent vocal of the one and only Steve Mancha!

An absolutely awesome record. Your lady has great taste!

Good luck.

:rolleyes:

Sean

Thanks for the info Sean.

Considering I met her at 'The Wheel' I'm afraid she's going over to the 'dark side' where Soul Music is concerned!!!! :wicked:

Julian Dinosoulaurus

Social source share

top outfit Mancha and also Joe Stubbs and Eddie Holliday,there got a million seller with somebodys been sleeping ,Sean I have a british release ON HDH off love is sweeter scond time around do you know anything about this logo?IE distribution etc,the logo was aptly named after Holland Dozier Holland,didny Mancha join the Glass House after the demise of 100%?

BAZ A :lol:

Social source share

didny Mancha join the Glass House after the demise of 100%?

BAZ A :lol:

You're thinking of the 8th Day, Mancha was the voice/writer on "She's Not Just Another Woman" (actually a 100 Proof LP track that was confusingly released as a 8th Day 45), their breakout hit, an 8th Day band was then assembled to capitalize on the hit but it didn't include Mancha as he was still with 100 Proof. I don't think he was ever a member of Glass House.

Social source share

You're thinking of the 8th Day, Mancha was the voice/writer on "She's Not Just Another Woman" (actually a 100 Proof LP track that was confusingly released as a 8th Day 45), their breakout hit, an 8th Day band was then assembled to capitalize on the hit but it didn't include Mancha as he was still with 100 Proof. I don't think he was ever a member of Glass House.

NOT SURE ON THAT ONE AND YES THE 8TH DAY WILL HAVE A DIG ABOUT MY INVICTUS STUFF TOMORROW WHEN I GET TIME SURE I HAVE A GLASS HOUSE TRACK THAT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE MANCHA BEEN A WHILE SINCE I DUG THEM OUT!

BAZ A

PS YOUR RIGHT IT WAS TY HUNTER WHO WAS IN THE GLASS HOUSE ,LITTLE RUSTY I DO FEEL HOWEVER THAT MELVIN DAVIS DONE THE VOCALS IN THE 8TH DAY NOT MANCHA EXCEPT JUST ANOTHER WOMEN?

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

NOT SURE ON THAT ONE AND YES THE 8TH DAY WILL HAVE A DIG ABOUT MY INVICTUS STUFF TOMORROW WHEN I GET TIME SURE I HAVE A GLASS HOUSE TRACK THAT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE MANCHA BEEN A WHILE SINCE I DUG THEM OUT!

BAZ A

PS YOUR RIGHT IT WAS TY HUNTER WHO WAS IN THE GLASS HOUSE ,LITTLE RUSTY I DO FEEL HOWEVER THAT MELVIN DAVIS DONE THE VOCALS IN THE 8TH DAY NOT MANCHA EXCEPT JUST ANOTHER WOMEN?

Yeah, like I said Mancha just did that first 8th Day single which was really a 100 Proof LP track anyways. He then suggested his old singing partner Davis to H/D/H who assembled the "real" 8th Day group featuring Davis & others. As for the Glass House, anything is possible considering the incestuous nature of the groups on those H/D/H labels at that time. Maybe Mancha did do an uncredited lead on one of their tracks? I'll leave that for you to dig out & compare though :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert