Lps And Stuff For Sale

Guest jinx74

Guest jinx74

please PM if interested in any items...

JB's - Doing It To Death (People) : feat. Doing It To Death, You Can Have Watergate, More Peas, etc. VG (surface scratches) $10

Richard Groove Holmes - Soul Message (Prestige) : feat. Groove's Groove, Song for My Father, Dahoud, etc. VG (surface scratches) $12

Aretha Franklin - Greatest Hits (Columbia) : feat. One Step Ahead which was sampled for Mos Def's "Ms Fat Booty", etc. Mint $10

Lilith - Boston Ride (Galaxia) : All woman band out of MA. Funky tracks include Funky Tale, Back In Love Again, drums on Pick Up the Pieces, etc. VG (light surface scratches) $15

Lou Donaldson - Cosmos (Blue Note) : feat. Caterpillar, Make It with You, I'll Be There, etc. with Melvin Sparks, Leon Spencer, Idris Muhammad Mint $20

100% Whole Wheat - Ice, Fire, and Desire (AVI) : Great funky rock record that has a lot of sampling moments and breakdowns. Ice, Fire and Desire, Window Pane, Tables are Turned, Daybreak, and four more tracks are on the album. This is from 1978. $12

George M'lely - Trio (AAM) : Nice local Jazz record. Six tracks that include four original pieces titled An April Piece, Nola's Request, What A Winter it Was, and Village Scene. Two covers are How Insensitive written by Antonio Jobim and My Foolish Heart. Piano by George M'lely, Bass by P Barshay, and Percussion by E Moore. This is from 1981.

Leaves - Hey Joe (Mira) : Aside from the "Get Out of My Life, Woman" track with the drumbreak, this early rock record has a great sound. VG (light surface scratches) $10

Willie and the Bumblebees - Honey from the Bee (Sweet Jane) : Tracks include the title track which is a laid back Funk burner, Dipstick which is another FUNKY tune with a head-nodding drum beat and some amazing guitar playing, Sahara which is another funky tune with heavy drumming and a groovy dancefloor feel with a horn section that reminds me of Kool and the Gang, and seven more tunes. Mixed black and white band. Mint $45

Saafir - Boxcar Sessions (Qwest) : Double vinyl Promo LP. Nineteen tracks that include Just Riden, No Return (Goin Crazy), Battle Drill, Light Sleeper, etc. Mint $60

Peter Tosh - Legalize It (Columbia) : Nine great tracks which includes Legalize It, Whatcha Gonna Do, etc. VG+ $10

NTSU - Lab 76 (NTSU Jazz) : Nice Jazz Lab Band with a few funky tracks. Phonk a Trois, Labyrinth, etc. Mint $15

George Duke - Feel (MPS/BASF) : Funny Funk, Rashid, etc. musicians inc. Ndugu, Airto, Flora Purim, VG+ $15

Natural Four - Heaven Right Here on Earth (Curtom) : Great local Soul group, eight tunes with one having a real nice drumbreak, with Leroy Hutson VG+ (light surface scratches) $20

Fonda Rae - Over Like A Fat Rat (Vanguard) 12" : VG+ (light surface scratches) $30

Nite-Liters - Morning Noon & Nite-Liters (RCA) : K-Jee, Tanga Boo Gonk, We've Only Just Begun, etc. Mint $20

Euclid Youth Jazz Ensemble - Big Band Sound (Century) : from 1977, includes "Do You Dig It, Man" written by Conrad Johnson, which is a pretty funky tune, Mint $15

Georgie Fame - Get Away (Imperial) : great LP to have, very funky and soulful tunes, has some amazing drums on "Music Talk" that was sampled, VG++ $15

Iron Butterfly - Heavy (Atco) : ill rock record, includes one of the better versions of "Get Out My Life, Woman" with a great drum break. Mint $15

Fireballs - Come On, React! (Atco) : another great rock record on the Atco label, this also includes a version of "Get Out My Life, Woman" with a different set of ill drumbreaks. VG+ (surface scratches) $15

Faze-O - Riding High (She) : has the great Soul tune "Riding High" and other dance tunes, arr. Ohio Players, Mint $12

Jimmy McGriff - Main Squeeze (Groove Merchant) : besides the title track, Worm Turns, Sermon, and more tracks, VG (surface scratches) $12

Dynasty - Adventures In the Land of Music (Solar) : great soul disco LP, includes the title track which was used by Camp Lo on "Luchini". Mint $10

United States of America - same (Columbia) : Mono Promo version with white label, musicians Joseph Byrd, Dorothy Moskowitz, Gordon Marron, Rand Forbes, Craig Woodson, nine great tracks, promo sticker on cover, Mint $60

DJ Shadow "Would You Buy A War from This Man?" : picture disk of VP with devil horns and blood on his face, Mint $80

Fred Munnings Jr - Goombay Jump (CAP) : picture sleeve of this funky island 45. Mint $40

Thoughts - Walk on Brother/Plain As the Nose on Your Face (SO) : great two-sider out of the Virtue studios in Philadelphia, funk and sweet group soul sides, Mint $25

Mystik Journeymen - 4001 the EP (Outhouse) : ten outstanding tracks on this hard to come by vinyl, Mint $35

Beatnuts - Hit Me With That (Relativity) : LP, Radio, Instrumental, Acapella, from 1994 Mint $20

Formula IV - Come & Get Yourself Some (Rocky Road) : great 1974 Soul LP with some nice club tunes, Mint $50

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!